Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Exhaust Options?  (Read 12345 times)

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Exhaust Options?
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:31:32 PM »

I have a deposit on a Spiced Rum that's in the crate waiting for all the details to be worked out.

I plan to add a SERT, SE Air Cleaner and have the bike dyno tuned. I'm having some difficulty finding slip-ons that will work with this bike. The stock exhaust is 4" in diameter, most slip-ons are 3-1/2". Even the Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Touring Mufflers (part #80732-09) won't work...see the statement from the P&A website below:

Fits 50-state '09-later Touring models (except FLHTCUSE, FLTRSE, FLHXSE and '10 FLHX and FLTRX). Installation requires separate purchase of Muffler Clamps P/N 65296-95A (Qty. 2). Requires separate purchase of two End Caps.

I don't know what the issue is. Something in the muffler clamps? something technical? I'm stumped.

I'd like to change the pipes before dyno tuning, so I'm turning to you guys for insight, advice and counsel.

I don't want to change the headpipes, just the mufflers. True dual systems are expensive and often too loud for my taste.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Exhaust Options?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »

I have a deposit on a Spiced Rum that's in the crate waiting for all the details to be worked out.

I plan to add a SERT, SE Air Cleaner and have the bike dyno tuned. I'm having some difficulty finding slip-ons that will work with this bike. The stock exhaust is 4" in diameter, most slip-ons are 3-1/2". Even the Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Touring Mufflers (part #80732-09) won't work...see the statement from the P&A website below:

Fits 50-state '09-later Touring models (except FLHTCUSE, FLTRSE, FLHXSE and '10 FLHX and FLTRX). Installation requires separate purchase of Muffler Clamps P/N 65296-95A (Qty. 2). Requires separate purchase of two End Caps.

I don't know what the issue is. Something in the muffler clamps? something technical? I'm stumped.

I'd like to change the pipes before dyno tuning, so I'm turning to you guys for insight, advice and counsel.

I don't want to change the headpipes, just the mufflers. True dual systems are expensive and often too loud for my taste.

With the new o2 style sensors I'm not sure you can switch head pipes?

JW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:39 AM »

Still rather early for anyone to be able to give you hands on information on a 2010 bike, but that doesn't usually stop many of us from chiming in anyway. ;D

Do you like the appearance of the stock mufflers?  If you do, perhaps all you really need to do is talk to Fullsac about replacement baffles.  They are a member of this site; PM them and see what they can do for you.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=6735

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

harleymike77

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »

I am in the EXACT same boat with the same bike (even the same color!).  I'll be watching this thread!  Only thing I've read so far, is to perhaps change out baffles with the Fullsacs.  I beleive they come in 1.75", 2.0" and 2.25".  Not sure which of the three is the loudest, or the quietest??

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 01:26:53 PM »

As suggested to me in this thread, I am in correspondence with Steve at fullsac. He's checking into the technical issues and promises to get back to me quickly. I'll post all the information I get from him on this thread.

I have to say, this board rocks! The best advice online. Until a couple of hours ago, I had never heard of fullsac. Thank you to everyone who contributes!

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »

You might look at the "Crusher" from Kurykyn. They offer it with a 4.5" tip. It fills in the opening at the bottom of the bags. They flow very well behind a catless header pipe. Mine dyno'd  99/120 with pro tuner and heavy breather. Very deep & mellow sound.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »

The mufflers look like 09 CVO versions.... guess you'll have to cut them open to find out if thats what you want or not....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

harleymike77

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »

You might look at the "Crusher" from Kurykyn. They offer it with a 4.5" tip. It fills in the opening at the bottom of the bags. They flow very well behind a catless header pipe. Mine dyno'd  99/120 with pro tuner and heavy breather. Very deep & mellow sound.
Hey ZOOMballs..... The "Crusher" from Kuryakyn, are they slip ons, or a full true dual set up?  Just curious........

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »

The mufflers look like 09 CVO versions.... guess you'll have to cut them open to find out if thats what you want or not....

SERT and pipes you'll want to do, but you don't need to get the stage one AC...the SESG already has the hi-flow AC on it...just thought I'd throw that in.
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

harleymike77

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »

SERT and pipes you'll want to do, but you don't need to get the stage one AC...the SESG already has the hi-flow AC on it...just thought I'd throw that in.
  :devil:
I appreciate that RedDevil, as I personally did not know that.  That's good news!  Now, just to figure out which pipes..........MAN, been down this road so many times............ I really like the looks of the stock pipe, and am hoping Fulsac will be able to get a baffle that will work.  I also received an e-mail from Kuryakin today, that their "crusher" slip ons will fit.  They are a tad expensive, but they sounded pretty good on a You Tube video I found earlier this afternoon.  Now, to go with a SERT or a PC5....... I'll have to check with my Dealer / Tuner..... :nixweiss:...... Still have a few LONG weeks............

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 07:07:29 PM »

I appreciate that RedDevil, as I personally did not know that.  That's good news!  Now, just to figure out which pipes..........MAN, been down this road so many times............ I really like the looks of the stock pipe, and am hoping Fulsac will be able to get a baffle that will work.  I also received an e-mail from Kuryakin today, that their "crusher" slip ons will fit.  They are a tad expensive, but they sounded pretty good on a You Tube video I found earlier this afternoon.  Now, to go with a SERT or a PC5....... I'll have to check with my Dealer / Tuner..... :nixweiss:...... Still have a few LONG weeks............

What about a TTS  V-Tune??

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »

Those Kurakyn Crusher slip-ons are UGLY, They look like something for a Vulcan or whatever the name of those Jap Bikes are. The OE Slip-ons on the bike are good looking and so are the end caps, shame to replace them with the Cheap looking Crushers.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »

Hey ZOOMballs..... The "Crusher" from Kuryakyn, are they slip ons, or a full true dual set up?  Just curious........
They're just slip-ons.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:33:02 PM by ZOOMballs »

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:38:16 PM »

Those Kurakyn Crusher slip-ons are UGLY, They look like something for a Vulcan or whatever the name of those Jap Bikes are. The OE Slip-ons on the bike are good looking and so are the end caps, shame to replace them with the Cheap looking Crushers.
UGLY, is what you have with a 7" opening with a 3" pipe in it.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 05:17:30 AM »

This has all been explored before.  Check out the 09 SERG/FLTRSE3 and Ultra threads here.  The bike is essentially the same as the 09s.  Many options to choose from and Dyno numbers to back up the combos.  This forum is the best out there...you just need to read around and you'll find out what you're looking for 99% of the time.  The combination of the two threads above will cover batwing issues i.e. windshields/stereo/GPS options and the SERG thread will cover the rest of the bike to include the rear end copied from the 09SERG i.e. Kuryakun license plate frame/wig-wag flasher etc...

Enjoy and ride hard...ride safe :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.