Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Our Weekend  (Read 1653 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Our Weekend
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »

The remaining guest room is Stef's room for the time being.  Chip........you just gave me a wicked idea for a winter project.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Henry you da man!

Just remember graphics have to match in style and in color!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »

Henry you da man!

Just remember graphics have to match in style and in color!

SBB

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »

Those are a couple of fine looking steeds, Henry. It certainly looks like a Ditch Pickle; funny the name stuck. ;D

Probably don't see too many of the other Ditch Pickles in Alabama so here is a shot of one ready for action.

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »

Those are a couple of fine looking steeds, Henry. It certainly looks like a Ditch Pickle; funny the name stuck. ;D

Probably don't see too many of the other Ditch Pickles in Alabama so here is a shot of one ready for action.

Thanks dj.  As I recall, you are the originator of the moniker, so of course it stuck.   :huepfenlol2:  I know of one in Hazel Green, just a couple miles north of me........guy bought it shortly after I got mine, and another from somewhere else in the state.  Saw it at Rod's not long ago.  Has 9K miles on it and looks like it has never been washed.  Bugs, dirt, grease, grime, and oil all over it.  Complete travesty.  Nauseated me.  Couldn't stand the site.  Had to exit the storage barn.  Rod said he thought I was gonna puke.  Almost did.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why someone would let a fine machine like a Ditch Pickle go to hell in a handbasket.   :nixweiss:

I haven't been on a snowmobile since................early 70s.......somewhere around there.  They're fun, but I don't think the Alabama State Patrol would appreciate me riding one to work.   :huepfenlol2:

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 06:59:50 AM »

Here's the sickly one's trunk.  Couple months ago, started shooting 17-17-17 straight to the roots through a pipe followed by lots of water.  Appears to be working.  Moved the pipe to the other side of the tree this weekend and added more triple 17 and water.  Hopefully this tree will take off next spring.  Certainly has greened it up thus far though.

Looks like whoever planted it when they were finishing up building our house might have injured the trunk.  Hmmmmmm.
The problem with this tree is that's it's planted too deep. The root ball is covered up with soil and mulch. This is real common with container grown trees. The stores/nurserys cover the root ball with mulch to help hold moisture until it sells, but that gives an artificial depth of the true height of the root ball, so the tree gets planted too deep, holds too much water and will eventuall die. If it's not in a low area that already holds a lot of water, all the mulch can be pulled back to expose the root ball to the sun and get some air to it. You can also use a pitch fork to poke some holes for added drainage.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »

The problem with this tree is that's it's planted too deep. The root ball is covered up with soil and mulch. This is real common with container grown trees. The stores/nurserys cover the root ball with mulch to help hold moisture until it sells, but that gives an artificial depth of the true height of the root ball, so the tree gets planted too deep, holds too much water and will eventuall die. If it's not in a low area that already holds a lot of water, all the mulch can be pulled back to expose the root ball to the sun and get some air to it. You can also use a pitch fork to poke some holes for added drainage.

Hadn't thought of that, but now that its been mentioned, it is sunk deeper than the other tree.  What appears to be mulch is just a mat of ground up, compressed, colored rubber.  I have a pitch fork, so will use it around the tree to get air to it as well as pull up the mat.  Not sure how to raise it unless I lower the ground around it.  Could likely do that with a sod cutter, scrape off 3-4 inches of dirt, and replace the sod.  Not real sure.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.752 seconds with 22 queries.