Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: First Impressions after 150 miles on my new 2010 FLHTCUSE5  (Read 16543 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: First Impressions after 150 miles on my new 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 09:57:48 AM »

Check link below....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768441&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309149264&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309149264&bmUID=1251640113867&bmLocale=en_US

if it will not post, PN 54564-09

Thanks, that's the right part. My bike is currently in the shop for the engine upgrades and the detach TP but I've held off on any suspension changes. In my 600+ miles on the bike I have really found the handling to be fantastic as setup from the factory. Apparently the new Hammock seat of the 2010 SEUC raises the seating position another 1+ inches above prior years. Before I change the suspension, I'll likely get a "day" seat which will lower the riding position by more than an inch.

In either case, I'll want alot more miles in the saddle before deciding if I should lower the bike's suspension.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:21:20 AM by Heatwave »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

You're obviously entitled to your opinion...as I am. I happen to think you're pretty far off base. Each and every Harley model is designed with one and only one purpose in mind. To make money for the manufacturer. Period. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone attributing "soul" to a piece of machinery is a wee bit caught up in the marketing hype.

Harley's entire business model is built around selling a "canvas" that its new owner can "paint" to their preferences. Some like contemporary art and some like traditional. These bike's are specifically designed to built up to their new owner's desires. For some, that simply means starting with a basic bike and adding a few nice touches of chrome. For other's its a matter of taking a simple bike and making it more powerful. For still others its a matter of taking the top of the line SE Ultra, adding a few cosmetic touches to meet the owner's idea of esthetics plus making it more powerful. That's me.

I find 77hp/100tq to be entirely unacceptable for a bike of this caliber. Particularly for a "touring" bike. Sounds like your riding style is perfectly matched to this level of milktoast performance, but mine is not.

With all due respect, many of the guy's I ride with have touring bike's. A good number have their tourpaks made detachable. And several have made their bike's more powerful. In fact there are entire threads on this forum highlighting the many guys that have made their Ultra tourpaks detachable. Why drag all that weight around for a 4 -5hr day trip if you don't have to? And how convenient is it to simply reattach the TP for that overnight trip you take several times a year. Seems to make perfect sense to me as well as the many guys that have made their TPs detachable. And exactly why do you think the MoCo sells a detach kit for the Ultra?...to make their bikes "soulless"?...come on.

There are entire threads discussing how to make your SE 110 more powerful for the guy that prefers that riding style. I'm hardly the first to make his SE Ultra into a more powerful motorcycle and I certainly won't be the last. And clearly the MoCo caters to this type of owner with a separate performance catalog dedicated to making their bike's more powerful and nowhere in that catalog did I read a footnote suggesting those performance parts can be installed on all their bikes EXCEPT their Ultras which have a special "soul" that shouldn't be tampered with.

To be very frank, if anyone is riding the wrong bike, it sounds like you. Sounds like the touring rig you described in your OP is a perfect description of a Honda Gold Wing.

Sounds like things are getting way too heated... I say ride and let ride!

Once you own your bike, do with it what you want to make it YOUR own!

PS - Mr. D,  Thanks for finding the link  
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »

PS - Mr. D,  Thanks for finding the link 

Couldn't agree more...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 10:57:31 AM »

PS - Mr. D,  Thanks for finding the link  
Exactly. Once you purchase it, it is yours to do what you want or don't want and you don't have to justify either. Some people like vanilla some people like chocolate neither one is wrong. Let's all relax and enjoy what each of us do to our bikes... may not be the same you would do w/yours, but that doesn't make it right or wrong.... different strokes for different folks. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BigEarl

• It's the ride................
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »

Heatwave,
I have the same bike as you and I am 6'5".  I'm looking to do the floorboards, brake, and shifter for my size 13s and long legs.  Are you looking at Kuryakin or some other manufacturer for extending the floorboards/brake lever/shifters?

On the power end, this bike runs so much better than my 2008 105th anniversary model, I'm waiting a while on upgrades.  I do wish the exhaust was deeper.  However, a lot of my buddies are telling me to look at the SST tuning software and do my own tuning.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2009, 02:33:39 AM »

Exactly. Once you purchase it, it is yours to do what you want or don't want and you don't have to justify either. Some people like vanilla some people like chocolate neither one is wrong. Let's all relax and enjoy what each of us do to our bikes... may not be the same you would do w/yours, but that doesn't make it right or wrong.... different strokes for different folks. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

But I like chocolate and I can't be wrong.  It's part of my breakfast routine.  Aren't the 4 food groups chocolate, peanuts, caramel, and Pepsi.  All this time, I thought I was eating a healthy breakfast.  Now, you want me to consider vanilla an adequate replacement.  I don't think so.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2009, 08:01:58 AM »

Heatwave,
I have the same bike as you and I am 6'5".  I'm looking to do the floorboards, brake, and shifter for my size 13s and long legs.  Are you looking at Kuryakin or some other manufacturer for extending the floorboards/brake lever/shifters?

On the power end, this bike runs so much better than my 2008 105th anniversary model, I'm waiting a while on upgrades.  I do wish the exhaust was deeper.  However, a lot of my buddies are telling me to look at the SST tuning software and do my own tuning.

I think you'll find that if you just do the floorboard relocation you'll be fine. At first I thought I was going to need a longer shifter and brake lever however after I installed Kuryakyn's floorboard relocators, all was good. Check out this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=39877.0

My bike is still in the shop waiting for the heads and the heap pipe to get back http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40465.0. Probably another week and a half due to the holiday before its all back together. Riding the Fatboy for now which isn't too bad but I'm definitely anxious to get my SE Ultra back.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2009, 10:10:42 AM »

Heatwave can you give us a update. :2vrolijk_21:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2009, 01:20:08 PM »

Heatwave can you give us a update. :2vrolijk_21:

I haven't ridden the 2010 SEUC for the past several weeks. (I've been riding my Fatboy in the interim). Everything is on-track as the heads are back to the dealership from Hillside and the exhaust header is back from Fullsacs. Dealership is closed on Sunday and Monday but they did let me know on Sat that everything is in and that they will begin assembly on the work outlined in this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40465.0.

The dealership is taking pics of the Hillside headwork that I can share later. I'm traveling on business this week but hope to have all the work completed and a dyno to share at week's end. Hopefully it'll show my $ to have been well spent from a performance perspective. Once I have a dyno and pics of the upgraded bike, I'll be sure to post back here. Now If I could only figure out what seat to go with when the TP is off.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

I went for a Corbin Classic Solo plus pillion but have another 4 weeks to wait for it, so I can't tell you if and how I like it yet  ;)

Hans, curious how your Corbin turned out and do you have photos?

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 04:32:21 AM »

got the seat in october finally, reported here with some pics. Seat is great, even Madame likes it. Just went to the shop for a heating to be installed in pillion, don't know why Corbin doesn't offer this right away.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

Any updates?
Supershooter

electra88

• LUV 2 RIDE!
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2010, 11:10:51 PM »

I have a 2006 seuc and have the detachable tour pack.  Got rid of the stock amp and am running hog tunes amp for front 2 speakers inside fairing.  When i put tourpack back on stereo runs rear speakers.

My question is how are you able to still use your cb?   The dealer did my detach tourpack and the cb hasnt worked since.  Well actually I have never even tried the cb...lol  The cb antenna was disconnected in the fairing i think. 

Any info would be great thanks.
Mike
2011 Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS
2010 Ducati Multistrada S Sport/Touring
2008 Suzuki BKING
2006 CVO ULTRA AUTUM HAZE (traded in)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »

Any updates?
Supershooter

I like my 2010 SEUC even more since I've made upgrades. Upgraded the engine with Hillside Heads, larger injectors, SEST, roller rockers, Woods 408-6 cam, Ventilator A/C, changed exhaust to D&D FatCat with ghost pipe. The engine is now delivering 111hp/115ft-lbs with more tuning planned for this Spring.

I've made th TP detachable, upgraded the audio with Biketronics speakers and amp. Installed detachable AM/FM & CB antennas between rear fender and saddlebags. When the TP's attached, the antennas are in the stock position. When the TP is detached, the antenna's are relocated to the new chrome brackets (part# from the 2009 SERG) between the rear fender and saddlebags. I tried using HD's "shorty antennas" but the reception was severely degraded for both the radio reception and the CB. I went back to the stock antennas and the reception is great. Here's more details on making the TP detachable and how I relocated the antennas http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=45226.0

I also upgraded from the stock headset that comes with the bike (this one is now on my wife's helmet) and am now using HD's half helmet mike/headset http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04931.pdf. Very pleased with this setup for both rider/passenger intercom as well as using the CB.

Only downside is that with the upgraded engine and FatCat exhaust, I really can't use the VOX on the microphone as it would come on whenever I hit the throttle. Now I just turn the VOX off and use the left thumb control to activate the mike when I want to talk.

I also upgraded the tailight to the smoked, laydown LED tailight from Bright Ass (BAL-3S). I have found it to be a great addition as I can see driver's backing off my tail whenever I brake. http://www.brightasslights.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=8&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=111
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.