Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thoughts on the 2010 SE Fat Bob  (Read 4377 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Thoughts on the 2010 SE Fat Bob
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:58:51 PM »

I finally got to see the new SEFB in person while on vacation in Colorado. It's not that I'm not impressed. Owning an 09 I know what a great bike it is. I'm sure the 2010 is equal in the performance/handling department. But I have to say the styling is a step back, in my opinion. I'm certain there are plenty who would disagree with me. That's what makes the world go round. One of the things I liked about my 09 was all the chrome. I saw lots of posts that thought there was too much of it. But I like all that chrome. The 2010 seems to me to be turning back towards the stock FB with lots more dark stuff i.e. controls both upper and lower. Looks like you could take a stocker and quickly convert it to look somewhat like a SE. No way you can make an 09 look like a stock FB. I felt the pin stripe that outlines the paint work and it feels like a piece of tape that you could easily put a finger nail under it and lift it. Didn't feel like it was clear coated at all. Anybody know if that's the case. No pearl paint? I do like the chin spoiler and I really, really like the seat. If I can find someone to dye it black I'll be buying one. Just a few thoughts. Hope I haven't offend anyone.
  Gary

K32 Cruiser

Re: Thoughts on the 2010 SE Fat Bob
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »

I have an 2009 SE Fat Bob.  I had a chance to ride a 2010 SE Fat Bob at the Harley Factory Open House in KC last weekend. The one thing I didn't like about it was that my butt tended to slide back in the seat when I accellerated.  Very annoying.

The seat does look good though.
2008 FLHTCUSE3 CVO Ultra Classic ElectraGlide
2009 FXDFSE CVO Fat Bob

Dirty John

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:23:38 AM »

I have an 09 and recently had a look at a 10 for comparison, I agree that the chrome/paint on the 09 looks far better than the revised stlying of the 10 - but the 10 is a cool looking bike - just not as cool as an 09 in my opinion.

The one issue I have with the 09 is the way in which the fake suede on the seat absorbs water, the seat on the 10 looks far better being all leather - regrettably it usually rains a quite a lot here in the UK and the seat then needs time to dry out or the next time you ride you get a wet backside.

I will have to find out how much the 10 seat costs over here.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:29:28 AM by Dirty John »

sirbells

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
    • Acn idependent repersenitive site
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:26:46 AM »

or get a rain cover for the seat  :drink: Scotchguard??
When they knock you down, succeed and get even!

razar54

• CVO1: 09 fxdfse
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »

I finally got to see the new SEFB in person while on vacation in Colorado. It's not that I'm not impressed. Owning an 09 I know what a great bike it is. I'm sure the 2010 is equal in the performance/handling department. But I have to say the styling is a step back, in my opinion. I'm certain there are plenty who would disagree with me. That's what makes the world go round. One of the things I liked about my 09 was all the chrome. I saw lots of posts that thought there was too much of it. But I like all that chrome. The 2010 seems to me to be turning back towards the stock FB with lots more dark stuff i.e. controls both upper and lower. Looks like you could take a stocker and quickly convert it to look somewhat like a SE. No way you can make an 09 look like a stock FB. I felt the pin stripe that outlines the paint work and it feels like a piece of tape that you could easily put a finger nail under it and lift it. Didn't feel like it was clear coated at all. Anybody know if that's the case. No pearl paint? I do like the chin spoiler and I really, really like the seat. If I can find someone to dye it black I'll be buying one. Just a few thoughts. Hope I haven't offend anyone.
  Gary

I agree, the paint schemes are no where as sharp as the 09. Which is why I bought mine.
Gary

Tre Savi

• 2010 CVO FXDFSE2
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »

I guess it comes down to personal taste where as the '09 has some flash and the '10 has some raw/rustic. For me it's the 110" regardless. Thats the one thing you can't make a standard "look" like a CVO. Mine is the Cryptic Black, which by the way is flat on purpose. The flames and the black background behind them are clear coated gloss however. I think the contrast is pretty raw. I'm diggin it.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.