Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SERG dual exhaust  (Read 8847 times)

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
SERG dual exhaust
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »

Saw this bike in Sturgis last week and was wondering how much cooler it ran with the seperate pipes.  I gotta do something beside remove the lower fairing.

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: SERG dual exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 12:41:56 AM »

Rear pipe

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:16:12 AM »

Nice looking pipes.  What brand do you think they are?
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:27:35 AM »

I would think it would be a little hot for the BSR.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »

Fortunately my girl has a '09 Streetglide, so the first mod was to remove the rear footpegs and the second is to install the Corbin solo-solves that problem ;D  The pipes are from Freedom Performance in California.  I was hoping the fellow that had this done will reply.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

Just ceramic coat your stock catless header. Why trash power with a bogus "true Dual" concept. The merged exhaust of the stock header will make the most power. Separating the pipes will only give you more heat on the left side of the bike with 10% less power... :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »

Appear to be Freedom's true duals. This is the same design they used forever on the left side. My wife says it is hotter on the 09 SERG than it ever was on the 05 SEEG with V&H True duals and S/E Pro Slip-ons. She has complained every time we ride that her rt leg gets hot, and I have ceramic coated headpipe w/o a cat, Fullsac wrapped baffles and TTS. Bike runs great, but her leg is hot to the touch. Guess she will get tougher over time.

Dracula

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 04:33:55 PM »

Appear to be Freedom's true duals. This is the same design they used forever on the left side. My wife says it is hotter on the 09 SERG than it ever was on the 05 SEEG with V&H True duals and S/E Pro Slip-ons. She has complained every time we ride that her rt leg gets hot, and I have ceramic coated headpipe w/o a cat, Fullsac wrapped baffles and TTS. Bike runs great, but her leg is hot to the touch. Guess she will get tougher over time.

Disappointing  :(!!  I was really hoping your mods would make a big difference in heat.

:vampire:

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 08:58:09 PM »

Hey Dracula, reread the previous post to yours.  This fellow has the stock exhaust just modified as the rest of us have done.  He doesn't have the true dual setup like I posted.  So anyone have a full dresser with true duals-how was the heat with lower fairing installed?

drod2020

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: flhrse3
    • CVO2: 07 flstn
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »

It's my friends bike however, he is not a member of the site.  After he had the pipes put on he put the power commander 5 and had it dyno'd by cycle solutions.  The Pipes sound great and he did say it was cooler however, I'm not sure how much cooler.  I'll talk to him tomorrow and ask him how much of a difference it made as far as heat.  I know that it sure performed better.  I do have a question for the SERG owners.  While stuck in traffic his bike died out a couple of times and when he went and asked the guy who dyno'd it he said it was because on the new engines it drops down to 1 cylinder and that is what's causing it.  Anyone else have this problem? 

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 11:51:12 PM »

The bike will hold steady even in the 1 cylinder mode. Sounds like it needs more tuning. All the more credibility for the HQ Pro Tuner. I rode for at least 6 hours Sunday at extended 75 mph plus in 90F plus temps and the bike never went into the 1 cylinder mode in between towns and the oil temp never exceeded 134. Its fast and will never need a dyno or a map. :2vrolijk_21:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 08:07:17 AM »

The bike will hold steady even in the 1 cylinder mode. Sounds like it needs more tuning. All the more credibility for the HQ Pro Tuner. I rode for at least 6 hours Sunday at extended 75 mph plus in 90F plus temps and the bike never went into the 1 cylinder mode in between towns and the oil temp never exceeded 134. Its fast and will never need a dyno or a map. :2vrolijk_21:

134*  ????   Must be a mis spell.  Doc

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »

I'm sure you know this, but others just dropping in may not.

The "Parade Mode" only works at zero mph.  Any speed at all and mine kicks back into normal twin firing mode.

I will say that the so far stock '09 SERG does this quite often while riding in town and hitting stop signs or stop lights.  My '08 SERK with the V&H duals and oval mufflers with SE-AC and PCMIII, did kick down, but not as frequently.  I will admit that last weekend when we rode we had ambient over 100 and boy was it hot riding...

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 08:44:19 PM »

You can also kick in the single cylinder mode when in neutral and rolling the throttle forward.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »

It's my friends bike however, he is not a member of the site.  After he had the pipes put on he put the power commander 5 and had it dyno'd by cycle solutions.  The Pipes sound great and he did say it was cooler however, I'm not sure how much cooler.  I'll talk to him tomorrow and ask him how much of a difference it made as far as heat.  I know that it sure performed better.  I do have a question for the SERG owners.  While stuck in traffic his bike died out a couple of times and when he went and asked the guy who dyno'd it he said it was because on the new engines it drops down to 1 cylinder and that is what's causing it.  Anyone else have this problem? 
Dan, any possibilty that I'll be seeing/hearing this bike. I'm about ready fro true duals.
Highway, where do you get the 10% drop in power, way way too extreme
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.