Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Leg Fairings and King Tour Pack in Candy Concord.........  (Read 8719 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
Re: Leg Fairings and King Tour Pack in Candy Concord.........
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:06:30 PM »

On that note... Was there any mention of needing another highway bar when fitting the lowers on? Was just wondering since the SESG has the moustache highway bar.

Anyone know if the MOCO has made mustache bar lowers before? or has anyone confirmed that they do now? :nixweiss: 

I think it only makes sense that if they should be able to attach to the mustache bar otherwise you really are trading one for the other due to the additional costs of having a second bar as well as changing it out just to put on the lowers.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »

Anyone know if the MOCO has made mustache bar lowers before? or has anyone confirmed that they do now? :nixweiss:  

I think it only makes sense that if they should be able to attach to the mustache bar otherwise you really are trading one for the other due to the additional costs of having a second bar as well as changing it out just to put on the lowers.

**EDIT**  This is JCZ on Jim's computer.  Sorry for the confusion.

The SESG has a mustache bar on it.  I guess it'd be O.K. for a short person.  At 6'4" it's worthless and it's already been taken off my bike.  I'll be putting the regular crash bar with hiway pegs down where they're functional for a tall guy, in about an hour.

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »

**EDIT**  This is JCZ on Jim's computer.  Sorry for the confusion.

The SESG has a mustache bar on it.  I guess it'd be O.K. for a short person.  At 6'4" it's worthless and it's already been taken off my bike.  I'll be putting the regular crash bar with hiway pegs down where they're functional for a tall guy, in about an hour.

This can only mean one thing, JC is spending money :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 12:06:44 AM »

This can only mean one thing, JC is spending money :2vrolijk_21:

Did I mention that I have a 2010 SESG mustache bar for sale? :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »

Point taken JCZ, however for those us not graced with the displeasure of being tall (5'6" sapper/tunnel rat) I don't mind the mustache bar as is.   I'm still curious if they did or plan to make lowers that fit.  I never heard any mention of them on the SERG or any other bike with the mustache bar.  Has anyone else?  If not maybe the MOCO will start producing them.  I for one would like the option to add them later.  I don't remember having a comfortable feel for outboard pegs which is why I had a Lindby bar on my last bike.  Of course with the lowers installed I suppose most people would still add outside pegs so they can stretch out on long hauls.

In case I forgot to mention already,  Congratulations.  They bike is OUTSTANDABLE!  I'm trying for a concord.  I'm watching your other posts closely as well to see what you do with your exhaust.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 09:57:03 AM »

JCZ, Your right, if its not big enough for a helmet its really not big enough...
Pete, just wanted to tell you that I run the "Chopped" tour pak on all my touring bikes. I think it looks the best and it will hold 2 half helmets,gloves googles ect.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »

Point taken JCZ, however for those us not graced with the displeasure of being tall (5'6" sapper/tunnel rat) I don't mind the mustache bar as is.   I'm still curious if they did or plan to make lowers that fit.  I never heard any mention of them on the SERG or any other bike with the mustache bar.  Has anyone else?  If not maybe the MOCO will start producing them.  I for one would like the option to add them later.  I don't remember having a comfortable feel for outboard pegs which is why I had a Lindby bar on my last bike.  Of course with the lowers installed I suppose most people would still add outside pegs so they can stretch out on long hauls.

In case I forgot to mention already,  Congratulations.  They bike is OUTSTANDABLE!  I'm trying for a concord.  I'm watching your other posts closely as well to see what you do with your exhaust.

right now, they don't make lowers for the mustache bar.  You'll have to do what JC is doing if you want lowers.  I'm 6'4" tall also and have stretched my legs to lay them on the top of the mustache bars and that's pretty comfortable for me.  But to put my heels on the bars, just wouldn't work.  That's where they're better for those that are more vertically challenged than I am.  Like JC, I'll be putting some highway pegs on. 

JC, have they come out with pegs to match this collection?  And if so, do you or Jim have the part number?

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:52 AM »

right now, they don't make lowers for the mustache bar.  You'll have to do what JC is doing if you want lowers.  I'm 6'4" tall also and have stretched my legs to lay them on the top of the mustache bars and that's pretty comfortable for me.  But to put my heels on the bars, just wouldn't work.  That's where they're better for those that are more vertically challenged than I am.  Like JC, I'll be putting some highway pegs on. 

JC, have they come out with pegs to match this collection?  And if so, do you or Jim have the part number?

They do not have P&A pegs to match. I had to order each individual part to make them up. I have the part numbers at the shop, I will post them tomorrow.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 11:43:54 PM »

I didn't find the chopped tour pack in '10 CVO colors in the book, but I do see the King tour pack in the correct colors.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »

They do not have P&A pegs to match. I had to order each individual part to make them up. I have the part numbers at the shop, I will post them tomorrow.

Thanks Jim appreciate that...:)

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.