Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: FLHXSE First Impression after 200 mile ride  (Read 5910 times)

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
FLHXSE First Impression after 200 mile ride
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »

I put 200 miles on her today touring the Ozark Mountain twisties and I gotta say, I'm in love. I had a 2007 SE ultra and just traded my  :pumpkin: for this baby, so I have not been on a new frame until this one. Here's a few observations.

Engine/power- Doesn't feel as strong as my 07 SE Ultra, but really not much of a comparison with the new EPA stuff. First order of business is to get it running right and make it sound like a motorcycle. Looking at the FullSac option, but not sure on which tuner to use. The weather was really nice here today. Low 80's, but I was beginning to feel the heat from the cat converter. 90+ degree days will be a bear.

Frame/Handling- Outstanding handling. This baby loves curves. My Pumpkin had a Traxxion AK-20 front end and I thought it was great, but this feels much better.

Shocks- The new pre-load shocks are an improvement over the old shorties (that's not saying much), but these are better than my 12.5" 440's. I had the wife on yesterday and the ride was a vast improvement over the 440's riding two-up, however, the ride was still a little stiff riding solo, I think the shocks are a keeper.

Bars- Gotta get another set of 575 Chubby's.

Seat- Finally...the MOCO came out with a decent factory installed seat. It's a keeper as well.

Fit and finish- The paint is incredible and has to be seen in person to really appreciate it.

I can't wait to get it out again tomorrow... :coolblue:

Dave

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
Re: FLHXSE First Impression after 200 mile ride
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:01:41 PM »

Bars- Gotta get another set of 575 Chubby's.

Dave,

Good to hear - thanks for the review - can't wait to get my Tequila (a.k.a. my first  :pumpkin:) - but what's up with the Bars?

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »

Preference more than anything, but the Chubby 575 bars will raise your arms higher and back a little. Puts you in a better riding position......Good luck on the NEW  :pumpkin: I hope to see one up close soon.

Dave

dirtyoldman

• 0 to 100 in WTF?!?!
  • Junior CVO Member
  • ain't retired,,, I'm at RECESS!!

• CVO1: 09 CVO FATBOB
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 03:39:37 AM »

even the pic, it's just frikkin' beautiful!! for me that's sayin ALOT about a BLUE bike.

Enjoy!!!
'til that time, Ustes, 'til that time,,,

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »

even the pic, it's just frikkin' beautiful!! for me that's sayin ALOT about a BLUE bike.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks. I don't think blue would have been a custom choice of mine, but after seeing this, I fell big for it.  :coolblue:

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:20 PM »

Anyone else have reviews, more miles, any problems or concerns yet? Paint, chrome? Heard it is a stiff ride. How's the seat and handle bars?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »

I've got it just short of 2 weeks and the longest day so far is about 150 miles. Seat seems OK, but that test will need at least a 400 mile day. Bars are fine with me.

cvo junkie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »

ya is it a stiff ride? i hope not i am selling my serg because it is just tearing me up because it is so stiff
please let me know if so i will go back to the ultra

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »

You know about when you hit a decent bump, but not any worse than my 06 SG

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »

This is JCZ on Jim's computer.

I've had mine five days and have a little over 700 miles on it.  I came off a SEEG (and it's a blue and black that's still for sale) too and I'm not looking back.  This SESG is the best motorcycle I've ever owned!  The SEEG was, prior to this.

I was surprised at the power that it has in stock form......just wasn't expecting that from a stock bike.  My SEEG pumps 104 hp and 116 ft. lbs. of torque so I was already use to a little power.  Just saying, for a "stock" bike, I was surprised.  I'm riding in 98-103F weather and I'm not experiencing the heat that everybody keeps talking about.  The wife has the heat issue on her 09 Street Glide and it just cooks her calf but mine doesn't even get warm. :nixweiss:

I love the peace and quiet of the stock exhaust and if I could get the performance out of it and keep it that quiet, I would.  Never thought I'd ever say that, but I am.  I'm the guy that promoted Thunderheader for years and had them on all my bikes for the past twenty years.  I think I'm finally gettin old. :nervous:

I've made a few changes already.  I'm here at Jim's shop now for him to do a few more mods before I leave for Ariz. tomorrow.  I've already had him order the color matched inner fairing and cap, leg fairings, saddle bag spoilers, tour pack spoiler.......all color matched.  Hidden antenna, HID headlight, HOG POD dash tweeters that will be painted to match and the list goes on and on and on. ???

You guys that are on the SEEG now and wondering about the 10 model year baggers.  From my experience this far, the 10 SESG or SEUC is the best bike the MoCo has put out.  Time will tell.

Having said that........I did get the 7 year warranty with the tire and wheel package.  It's paid for itself every time, on the past four bikes (Screamin Eagles and Ultra Classics before that). :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »

I forgot to mention........this is the smoothest riding HD that ever came out of the MoCo.  I suspect part of it is due to the new chassis, part due to the new shocks and part due to the bigger wheels. :2vrolijk_21:

And now I'm posting under my own user name. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »

JCZ...whats the part number and cost on the inner fairing/cap in Candy Concord? I am actually considering doing the same when mine arrives.  I'm a newbie to the bike and the forum...so what is the cap?

JZ3

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »

I forgot to mention........this is the smoothest riding HD that ever came out of the MoCo.  I suspect part of it is due to the new chassis, part due to the new shocks and part due to the bigger wheels. :2vrolijk_21:

And now I'm posting under my own user name. :huepfenlol2:

Ditto, the difference tween my 07 and the 09 is amazing...quiet exhaust...call it getting old but I call it getting a little smarter.
But the big difference tween your and mine, mine came with all the stuff already on it, just got to figger out what is in the $500 box of stuff that you need to take it off..Have a safe trip.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »

JCZ,
I'm assuming you have a king tour-pak? I'm more interested in a chopped tour-pak but couldn't find a part# for Spiced Rum. Did you research that option?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »

JCZ...whats the part number and cost on the inner fairing/cap in Candy Concord? I am actually considering doing the same when mine arrives.  I'm a newbie to the bike and the forum...so what is the cap?

JZ3

Welcome to the board, from Nor Cal.  Where are you located?  A lot of good information and a lot of good people here....check it out. :2vrolijk_21:

The cap is the part on the inside, below the inner fairing, below the ignition.  Sort of a lower extension of the inner fairing.

Yes, I've ordered a King Tour pack.  Not for looks or fashion but for function......we do a lot of touring (we're headed to Ariz. tomorrow, after we leave Corbin).  Here's a link to the part numbers.....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=39901.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.