Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: True Duals or FullSac?  (Read 6287 times)

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
True Duals or FullSac?
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

Guys I want to know your opinon?
Whos going with True Duals (when they become available)?
or FullSac?
AND WHY?

HawgDoc

Re: True Duals or FullSac?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »

What are you looking for? If it's performance, in my opinion you cant get two cylinders to run in 'perfect harmony' with each other when the head pipes are so different, such as in true-duals where the rear head pipe does a u-turn to get over to the left side muffler. You can tune to get it good, but it will never be perfect. Exhaust back-pressure and sonic wave patterns should be identical on all cylinders for perfect 'suck-squeeze-bang-blow' characteristics... of course, in my opinion.
Be quick to listen, and slow to speak.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »

What are you looking for? If it's performance, in my opinion you cant get two cylinders to run in 'perfect harmony' with each other when the head pipes are so different, such as in true-duals where the rear head pipe does a u-turn to get over to the left side muffler. You can tune to get it good, but it will never be perfect. Exhaust back-pressure and sonic wave patterns should be identical on all cylinders for perfect 'suck-squeeze-bang-blow' characteristics... of course, in my opinion.

Hmmm, that holds an entirely different meaning in Las Vegas.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 11:12:57 AM »

Guys I want to know your opinon?
Whos going with True Duals (when they become available)?
or FullSac?
AND WHY?

Like stated, it depends on what you want.  If you just want a different sound (read louder), then the Fulsac re-core is a good option ... if you're looking for more performance, then I would either stay with the stock 2-1-2 header/collector setup and get rid of the CAT in the collector, or buy a set of aftermarket pipes, like the Vance and Hines 2-1-2 set up with the power chamber.  ideally, for performance and sound you'd want to go with a true 2 into 1, like the D&D FatCats and put the "ghost" pipe on the left side of the bike to balance the looks, if you want to keep the dual pipe look.

2012 FLHXSE3

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

What did you mean by (read louder) :nixweiss:
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »

Is that why Bassani have the rear cylinder loop for equal length for pre '09 models ?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »

Is that why Bassani have the rear cylinder loop for equal length for pre '09 models ?

Yep....with true duals you typically lose a little bottom end power and Bassani is trying to help that with that loop. For the best low end, some sort of crossover or common pipe is helpful. Kind of like an "H" pipe on a car.

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »

Like stated, it depends on what you want.  If you just want a different sound (read louder), then the Fulsac re-core is a good option ... if you're looking for more performance, then I would either stay with the stock 2-1-2 header/collector setup and get rid of the CAT in the collector, or buy a set of aftermarket pipes, like the Vance and Hines 2-1-2 set up with the power chamber.  ideally, for performance and sound you'd want to go with a true 2 into 1, like the D&D FatCats and put the "ghost" pipe on the left side of the bike to balance the looks, if you want to keep the dual pipe look.

Are the fulsac baffles that much louder than stock? Sounds like they may be too loud for me.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »

Are the fulsac baffles that much louder than stock? Sounds like they may be too loud for me.

KingDog

I have the 1.75 fulsac baffles and they are not too loud.  I ride with a buddy who has the V&H true dual/monster ovals on the identical bike and mine is not as loud.  Not that either setup is loud.  His monsters sound great but so does my fulsacs. 
If it helps I was not going to do pipes on this bike because I was done with loud pipes, ears ringing at the end of the day.  Sound is like taste cant tell you that you will like it just because I do.  But I did not want loud but I did want performance and a note or a tone that sounded good and I am very happy with my 1.75 fulsac.  Hope this helps you with your decision.

guppytrash 

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »

I have the 2"baffles and the Dual Headpipe kit on my '07.
I run over 10.5-1 compression and these baffles sound great a idle or slight throttle openings
but when I "get on it," no one enjoys riding behind me!

I would recommend going with the 1.75 baffles if noise is a concern.

PS, they are a top shelf product and Fullsac is a great vendor to deal with!!

Brad

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

Thanks guppytrash, that helps. Just trying to decide what to do with the exhaust when my new SESG comes in. I think I will check into an aftermarket header pipe ( hopefully they will be out later this year ) to get rid of the CAT and also go with the fulsac replacement baffles.  :2vrolijk_21:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

I have the 2"baffles and the Dual Headpipe kit on my '07.
I run over 10.5-1 compression and these baffles sound great a idle or slight throttle openings
but when I "get on it," no one enjoys riding behind me!

I would recommend going with the 1.75 baffles if noise is a concern.

PS, they are a top shelf product and Fullsac is a great vendor to deal with!!

Brad

Yep, what HE said!!!!
Totally agree!!
HOGMIKE

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »

What did you mean by (read louder) :nixweiss:

If you just want a louder sound than the stock pipes and aren't too concerned about additional performance yet...should have been a little clearer I guess.   ::)

2012 FLHXSE3

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

If you just want a louder sound than the stock pipes and aren't too concerned about additional performance yet...should have been a little clearer I guess.   ::)

So let see if I understand what you're saying......fulsac baffles will add sound but an unnoticed amount of performance. What about if you de-cat the header pipes and add the fulsac baffles? Will you be able to feel any performance gains?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »

So let see if I understand what you're saying......fulsac baffles will add sound but an unnoticed amount of performance. What about if you de-cat the header pipes and add the fulsac baffles? Will you be able to feel any performance gains?

AND, add a good tune.........THEN you will actually feel a difference.
It's the sum of a good combo.
Performance=money, the old saying goes, how fast can you afford to go?
HOGMIKE

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 08:44:47 PM »

I got my SESG back from the dealer today after installing the Vance and Hines basic slip ons to replace the stock mufflers and tuning with the Super SERT.  According to the tech I got about a 6 hp/8 TQ gain (85hp/104tq).  Not too shabby for just adding mufflers and tuning.  AFR was dropped to almost a flat 13.8 across the board, so that should cool it down a little too.  Seat of the pants fun dyno definitely noticed a difference.  Definitely more kick now.  The most impressive part was the sound.  It sounds like a Harley again, has a nice rumble to it now.  I guess the CAT quiets things down a little though as the mufflers have a 2 1/4" core and are actually a little quieter than the V&H Ovals on my SEUC.  Of course the SEUC has true duals too and no CAT.  Going to run for awhile with the CAT installed and see how it goes.  Right now I'm not feeling the heat that a lot of people have said they feel above the collector....so we'll see.

2012 FLHXSE3

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 11:42:08 PM »

Out with the CAT! That's my plan.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.