Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dam it's getting cold  (Read 5049 times)

06 Blk Crimson

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Dam it's getting cold
« on: December 01, 2005, 09:49:47 PM »

Went for a ride today 38 degrees cloudy little wind, winter is comming soon so wanted to put some miles on while there is no snow on the ground. wife came along ( loves the heated seat ) we did 60 plus miles not a lot but not bad, came back when I saw she was getting cold. I came home the other day and when I walked in the garage she was putting hot toppers on the bike  [smiley=banana.gif]   ( gotta love her :) .

oh yeah DAM winter,  [smiley=confused5.gif]  
06 Blk Crimson charcoal Slate
Rinehart True Duals
SE Race tunner
Dyno'ed 97.0 HP 99.1 lbs of TQ
lots of Chrome lol
2002 Custom Indian Chief

Ramblin Man

• Ride it like you stole it!
Re: Dam it's getting cold
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:54:57 PM »

Still in the 70's here in Florida.   8-)  I'm still riding my bike to work every Friday (casual day). I don't think I'll be getting much use out of the heated seat.  Oh well.
2006 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
2005 Softail Deluxe (sold 10/15/05)
2003 Dyna Wide Glide (still ridin' it)
1998 Sportster (sold)

06 Blk Crimson

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:58:44 PM »

Damn that just is not right  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
06 Blk Crimson charcoal Slate
Rinehart True Duals
SE Race tunner
Dyno'ed 97.0 HP 99.1 lbs of TQ
lots of Chrome lol
2002 Custom Indian Chief

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:19:38 PM »

I came home the other day and when I walked in the garage she was putting hot toppers on the bike  [smiley=banana.gif]   ( gotta love her :) .

Damn, she's a keeper.  Nicely done man  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:00:24 PM »

. . . DAM . . .

Damn . . .

Damn, . . .

D@mn!  (Just wanted to say "d@mn," that's all.)  ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:53:51 PM by 103tHunDer »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

D@mn!  (Just wanted to say "d@mn," that's all.)  ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Brian, I'm the one saying d@mn!  Got that new camera all charged up, took some nifty pics of the ole spyder-mobile, and tried to submit them to the computer and lo and behold, my operating software (windows 98) is too d@mn old to support the camera's interface or something.  So, I'm done with it for today.  Reckon I'll have to get a updated oper. sys. loaded on this ole computer, huh?  [smiley=confused5.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 11:55:19 PM »

D@mn, Spyder, do you have a card reader and USB port?  Should be able to transfer 'em that way, I think. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:58:03 PM by 103tHunDer »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 12:09:15 AM »

D@mn, Spyder, do you have a card reader and USB port?  Should be able to transfer 'em that way, I think. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I was thinking I had to use the Olympus foremating software(dvd deal).  I'll see if I can find a USB port that's open.....what else plugs into a USB port?  I'm computer illiterate, fur sure!   [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:48 AM »

With something old enough to have 98 on it, you might only have one or two USB ports.  If you can find one, the files on the card should already be in .jpg format, so the software is probably just for editing (resizing, cropping, adding text, etc.).  Without it, your pics may not be the right 800 x 600 size for posting, but if you can get 'em up here, one of us will re-size them for you if need be.

Now then, back on topic, d@mn it's cold here, too:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 12:26:47 AM »

I was thinking I had to use the Olympus foremating software(dvd deal).  I'll see if I can find a USB port that's open.....what else plugs into a USB port?  I'm computer illiterate, fur sure!   [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder

Damn Spyder, you're hosed.

Ok, sorry....  Sad truth is if your computer is old enough to have been running on Win98 you simply might not have USB ports.  The second major sub-release of Win98 supported USB ports pretty effectively; the prior did not.  Hardware during that time was sporadic in its offering of the hardware.  What you'll be looking for will appear as a simply a flat connector marked with what will look kind of like a Trident or sign of Neptune (at least that was the way people most often described it to me).  If your camera require USB 2.0 or greater, however, you'll still be hosed.  Most will fall back to the earlier and slower standard; but not all.

If you don't have one or have an old port all is not lost.  Hit Best Buy or some computer shop.  You can buy cards to plug inside the computer that will add USB (and IEE1394 Firewire) ports to computers that didn't have them to begin with.

Either via a USB cable directly from the camera to the computer of via the camera's memory cartridge inserted in to a card reader (which itself will plug in to the USB port) you'll almost certainly have to have one though.  

Since it sounds like you're having to do an operating system upgrade as well do that first.  Then plug in the new PCI card if you find out you have to have one.  Your Win98 version might or might not adequately support the PCI card.  The newer Windows certainly will.  And if there's one thing to know about operating system upgrades it is that you ask them to do as little in any individual step as you can.

And, just to finish things on the new topic here:

Damn.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 12:29:06 AM »

Damn, Spyder, I hope you got a good deal on that camera with all the other $h!t you're gonna have to buy now!  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 12:35:15 AM »

Damn, Spyder, I hope you got a good deal on that camera with all the other $h!t you're gonna have to buy now!  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Yeah, I had to go and get the CVO model......to fit right into the way we do things around here.  Never done, is it?  [smiley=sauer055.gif]  spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 12:43:42 AM »

The PCI cards are cheap.  Don't worry there.  The silly operating system upgrade packages are around a hundred buck if I remember right though.  And you're still assuming that the old computer has enough storage space and horsepower to first run the new O/S and then handle the graphics demands and storage requirements of the big pictures that will be coming from that 8mp camera.  Sometimes these digital toys for the computer cause the same kinds of issues as getting a new S&S Twin Cam and bring it home to find you've only got a ServiCar to install it in.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 12:44:24 AM »

I forgot:

Damn.

RedFXR2

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 08:28:09 AM »

"Dam it's getting cold."  You sound like the locals down here.  Cold?  You tell me---

5-Day Forecast for Tequesta, Florida:

Friday  70 ° | 52 °  Clear
Saturday  70 ° | 52 °  Clear
Sunday  75 ° | 61 °  Clear
Monday  78 ° | 63 °  Partly Cloudy  
Tuesday 78 ° | 58 °  Partly Cloudy
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.