Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Backrest questions  (Read 1513 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Backrest questions
« on: December 05, 2005, 06:43:48 PM »

Seems like on about half the new SEU's pictured here, the backrest is removed from the bike.  Is it because you just don't like a backrest, or  just don't like this particular one?  Is it adjustable? Says it is in the brochure, but I don't see the button to adjust it in any of the photos. Main reason I ask is I can't live without one as my back starts to ache after only a few miles without it. Appreciate any comments on the BR.

Thanks, Robert    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Re: Backrest questions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 07:21:02 PM »

Seems like on about half the new SEU's pictured here, the backrest is removed from the bike.  Is it because you just don't like a backrest, or  just don't like this particular one?  Is it adjustable? Says it is in the brochure, but I don't see the button to adjust it in any of the photos. Main reason I ask is I can't live without one as my back starts to ache after only a few miles without it. Appreciate any comments on the BR.

Thanks, Robert    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Mine is still on, only comes off when my wife rides with me, she doesn't like it there, and she also gives me back rubs while we ride, so it just gets in the way.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] It is adjustable, there is a screw in the back of the pad toward the bottom and also it goes up and down, though I don't see how it could go below the top mounting holes, it's already pressed against the seat there.  Also you can grunt adjust it, by bending the bars that go down into the mounting bracket, didn't have to with the stock backrest but did with the backrest for the RZ seat I got.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 07:51:17 PM »

I only use my backrest on rides of 150 miles or more.
Short jaunts I really don't need it and don't want to spoil myself to need it all the time.
My 2003 SE RK had a much easier adjustable backrest than the 2006
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:00:26 PM by jeffj »

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 08:16:26 PM »

I use mine all the time unless the wife decides to leave her Heritage at home and that's not often.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:19:13 PM by 06ULTRASE »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 06:18:24 AM »

Thanks for the info guys. When they first came out, I remenber a couple of negative comments about the comfort factor, so I was worrying about that. Of course, that's all I have time to do is wait, worry, and pray for no more delays.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Mistered

• Hardcore Ultra Rider
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 11:50:46 AM »

Yes, I agree with FR8TRN, I only take mine off when my wife rides with me.  The backrest is also adjustable up and down, about 3 notches with the seat still on, and front and back about 3 inches but you have to take the seat off for that adjustment.  The wife commented that this is the most comfortable seat she has ridden on, even better than my 04 Ultra.  Enjoy.
Ed
2004 Ultra
2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson/Gray
Freedom exhaust, PCIIIr

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.