Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still In The Shop !!!!!!  (Read 2022 times)

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
Still In The Shop !!!!!!
« on: December 02, 2005, 04:32:54 PM »

:( Took mine to the shop the Monday before Turkey day and it's still there  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. They fixed the oil leak on the rear cylinder rocker cover, hooked up the headlight like it was supposed to be and aligned it, and ordered a new heated grip. Well the grip came in but was the wrong wiring harness, I can't figure this one out, all the one's I've seen only have 2 wires, so that's ordered again, and the radio is going to be replaced. Maybe I'll have it back by Christmas. :'(

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Still In The Shop !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 06:43:26 PM »

:( I'm beginning to think getting it back by Christmas isn't going to happen. Still a no show on the grip and the replacement radio. If the weather around here didn't suck right now I'd be livid!!!!!  >:(

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 07:58:31 PM »

I feel for ya! Hang in there, every minute you ride it will remind how worth the wait it was.
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 01:09:03 PM »

:( Took mine to the shop the Monday before Turkey day and it's still there  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. They fixed the oil leak on the rear cylinder rocker cover, hooked up the headlight like it was supposed to be and aligned it, and ordered a new heated grip. Well the grip came in but was the wrong wiring harness, I can't figure this one out, all the one's I've seen only have 2 wires, so that's ordered again, and the radio is going to be replaced. Maybe I'll have it back by Christmas. :'(

I have 2500 miles on my autumn haze and the only problem so far has been with the radio.  The CD player would cut out at speed.  The MoCo wanted the dealer to check torque specs on all fasteners that might contribute to vibration.  Did that and still had a problem.  They sent a new radio.
What is your radio issue?

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:51:28 PM »

I have 2500 miles on my autumn haze and the only problem so far has been with the radio.  The CD player would cut out at speed.  The MoCo wanted the dealer to check torque specs on all fasteners that might contribute to vibration.  Did that and still had a problem.  They sent a new radio.
What is your radio issue?

The display on mine kept going blank. They updated the software and still the same thing. How long did it take to get the replacement radio? BTY I'm just under 4000 on mine.

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 02:57:22 PM »

The display on mine kept going blank. They updated the software and still the same thing. How long did it take to get the replacement radio? BTY I'm just under 4000 on mine.
MoCo approved shipping the new unit on Wed before Thanksgiving and the dealer had it on the following Tuesday.  I'm in Chicago and it's REALLY crappy weather here, so I haven't verified whether it fixed the problem.

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 08:58:26 PM »

MoCo approved shipping the new unit on Wed before Thanksgiving and the dealer had it on the following Tuesday.  I'm in Chicago and it's REALLY crappy weather here, so I haven't verified whether it fixed the problem.
Hey Mike did you get a NEW radio and a repaired one. I finally got my bike back today and the bill reads a reconditioned radio.

Everything works again but the headlight still sucks. >:(

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 02:52:54 PM »

Hey Mike did you get a NEW radio and a repaired one. I finally got my bike back today and the bill reads a reconditioned radio.

Everything works again but the headlight still sucks. >:(

Interestingly, I didn't get any paperwork when I picked up the bike.  Two people at the dealership referred to it as "new."  I wonder how many of these whiz bang units could be in the returned bin for reconditioning?.?  Either way, I'm not that concerned as to if it's new or reconditioned.  I just want it to work.
BTW, what don't you like about the headlight?

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 06:11:09 PM »

Interestingly, I didn't get any paperwork when I picked up the bike.  Two people at the dealership referred to it as "new."  I wonder how many of these whiz bang units could be in the returned bin for reconditioning?.?  Either way, I'm not that concerned as to if it's new or reconditioned.  I just want it to work.
BTW, what don't you like about the headlight?
They weren't going to give me any paperwork either but I asked for it. I like to keep my own record of what has been done. I'm with you as long as it works I really don't care if its new or reconditioned.
The headlight just isn't bright enough for me, seems like the low beam is spread out too far, and the high beam just doesn't go out far enough. Using the recommendation of some other folks here I have some different lamps on order that hopefully will make it better. Do you like yours?
e

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 07:29:40 PM »

They weren't going to give me any paperwork either but I asked for it. I like to keep my own record of what has been done. I'm with you as long as it works I really don't care if its new or reconditioned.
The headlight just isn't bright enough for me, seems like the low beam is spread out too far, and the high beam just doesn't go out far enough. Using the recommendation of some other folks here I have some different lamps on order that hopefully will make it better. Do you like yours?
e

I have the HID unit, and after a little surgical modification to the bulb, fitted a PIAA Extreme White Plus H-11 lamp to the high beam.  I would use the same bulb in the low beam if I had the stocker.  I'm really pleased with the output.  And, I found that if you remove the top adjuster screw and remove the spring that surrounds it, you can remove a couple of turns of the spring and gain vertical adjustment, and get the adjustment that others complain isn't there.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.