Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there anywhere else to get tires?  (Read 1539 times)

davidceder

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob CVO FXDFSE
Is there anywhere else to get tires?
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »

Is HD the only place to get tires for our Fat Bob's? I also have a Yamaha Stratoliner with a proprietary rear tire and they hammer me at about $300.00 for the tire. Anyone know what HD is currently charging for these?

Thanks

ICMCGeezer

• Grateful to Be Ridin' Clean
Re: Is there anywhere else to get tires?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »

David:

Don't waste your money buying tires from any dealer (automotive or otherwise)!

I know you can get tires for your Fat Bob cheaper than the dealer. Dealer told me Dunlop E3's, front and rear, cost about $340.00, before taxes (I have an '06 CUSE). Went to Chapparal-racing.com, made sure the fitment of the tires was correct, purchased front and rear, delivered to my door for $230. I would be hard-pressed to believe that they, or another motorcycle tire supplier can't match/exceed tires for your Fat Bob/Yamaha.
And, some of the tire manufacturers have good websites with fitment guides (Dunlop was fairly good).

Good Hunting.

ICMC Geezer

davidceder

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob CVO FXDFSE
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »

Hey Geezer,

Thanks for the reply. I have a bit of time before I need to address this issue but like to be prepared. I can tell you for a fact that on my Yami only Bridgestone & Dunlap make the size tire I need 190/60R/17. If you go to their web sites they state it is an OEM tire that must be purchased at Yami. I have had to put on a Harley tire size 200/55R/17. Today I ordered an Avon Cobra for my Yami in the 200 size. This is what most of the folks with Yamaha Stratoliners are doing. It totally &**(.

David

Sean M Cary

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »

I've had really good luck with www.Motorcyclesuperstore.com

Have ordered Dunlops for my SERK and Mich Anakee's for my KLR.  They offer free shipping and you can always find a 10 or 20% coupon.

iSki has another site he uses...maybe he will see this.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.