Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Yellowstone wreck  (Read 3628 times)

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Yellowstone wreck
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:09:23 AM »

The father of my friend was riding through Yellowstone National Park last week when he lost control of his bike and ended up going over a small embankment.  The bike flipped over him, and luckily missed him on the way down the hill.  He was injured pretty badly still.  He has broken ribs and a punctured lung.  He was riding with two of his friends and of course they came to his aid quickly.  They called 911 and asked for an ambulance.  While they were waiting for an ambulance, they saw three of them pass right by them.  Four park rangers did the same thing.  Finally one of the park rangers stopped but did not leave his truck.  He explained to them that they all, the rangers and the ambulances, had to go to Belgrade to be on stand-by for the President’s town hall meeting.  An ambulance was called from Idaho to come pick up my friend’s father.  He was lying in the ditch and was close to death but no local first responders could stop and aid him.  His friends rigged up a litter and got him to a hospital on their own, thus saving his life.  He will recover but this event has me more than a little upset.  I can not believe that the news did not pick this up.  He is from North Dakota and is the typical quiet old farmer type.  He won’t be suing or going to the media. 

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Yellowstone wreck
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:12:41 AM »

Send this as an e-mail to Fox news. They'll run with it.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »

Sorry to hear that, glad he will recover.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

alejandro

• Junior CVO Member
  • Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....SEND IT TO FOX NEWS...AND ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN...

I PRAY TO OUR LORD THAT HE KEEPS HIM IN GOOD HEALTH...
Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend's dad!!

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:42:56 AM »

That is terrible!  Yet we (citizens) can be arrested or cited for failing to stop and assist. They took an oath and looked the other way.

Wishing your father a speedy recovery,

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »

That is terrible!  Yet we (citizens) can be arrested or cited for failing to stop and assist. They took an oath and looked the other way.

Wishing your father a speedy recovery,

Topper

I know they took an oath but I do not blame them.  I blame the person who caused this, the President.  I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, as I know they are forbidden on this site but, as a leader you are responsible for the actions that are taken on your behalf. 

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:49:34 PM »

i just copied and pasted it to glen beck. hope you dont care

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 08:58:26 AM »

Update: 

Mike is still in ICU.  He is still having problems breathing.  Hopefully he will pull through this. 
I wanted to add something about this man, my friend's father.  He was seen on the news last winter after the floods in ND.  He was back in the neighborhood helping plow out his neighbors' driveways.  You can see it here: http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_video.asp?news=28479 (They did misspell his name though, it is Kraft, with a K not a C).

Lo Lo

• CVO Connoisseur
  • 105th Screamin Eagle Club

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE 105th Anniversary Ed. #1055/1800
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 11:22:57 PM »

Man, this really pisses me off.  He seems like a  great person, who is always there to lend a helping hand to everyone else, and when in need, is blown off by the people who's job it is to assist, rescue or save those in trouble.  Sad....  I wish him the quickest recovery.   
**Team Scream**
U.S. Army Recruiting
SFC LOPEZ

Macky54

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »

You have to go public with this.  These ppl are not allowed to skirt something like this.  It is against the law.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 09:45:53 PM »

You have to go public with this.  These ppl are not allowed to skirt something like this.  It is against the law.

Now ya see who is going to get good health care.

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »

Update:  Mike is out of the hospital now.  I had some of the facts wrong in my first post.  The bike did land on him and he ended up with broken bones in his arms and legs.  He has already started talking about getting a new bike.  I sent him the link to the Landing Gear since it will be hard for him to hold the bike up until he is totally healed up.  His son told me that they will be going public with Mike's story soon.  We will see where it goes.  He sends his thanks to all of those who have sent him best wishes.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 02:19:03 PM »

I am so glad hear that Mike is out of the hospital. I will continue to pray for his recovery.  :)
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

MontSE103

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »

I wish your father and friends well. I feel that we are the people that pay their wages and that we come first. We put that man in the President’s office so we should come first. HE WORKS FOR US. We do not work for him. We all pay our taxes and expect that same attention to us as anyone else should get. I am from Montana and we have always been taught to help others in need even if you are broken down along the side of the road someone will stop and help or offer to call someone for you.  I hope this experience does not make you feel all Montanans are that way. May God be with your father in his recovery. Please send this to your local news and to the Montana State and Local Government.
2004 FLHTCSE 103" 116 Hp
2004 Wide Glide 88" 96 Hp
2007 TMCC Keystone 120"

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED...
FOR THOSE WHO ARE SERVING...
FOR THOSE WHO CAME HOME...
FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT COME HOME...
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO COME HOME...

MIA/POW
ALL GAVE SOME - SOME GAVE ALL
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE

BUY MADE IN AMERICA FIRST

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »

I wish your father and friends well. I feel that we are the people that pay their wages and that we come first. We put that man in the President’s office so we should come first. HE WORKS FOR US. We do not work for him. We all pay our taxes and expect that same attention to us as anyone else should get. I am from Montana and we have always been taught to help others in need even if you are broken down along the side of the road someone will stop and help or offer to call someone for you.  I hope this experience does not make you feel all Montanans are that way. May God be with your father in his recovery. Please send this to your local news and to the Montana State and Local Government.

@MontSE103 - I just wanted to let you know that this does not change my opinion of Montanans one bit.  I have been in your beautiful state many times and I love it there.  I actually have tentative plans to relocate there once my daughter graduates High School.  I fell in love with the Bozeman/Belgrade area and if there is work for me there, thats where I will be.  The people of Montana are not to blame here and I know it.  I have family that has been in the Secret Service and I know where the blame lies.  I will not expound on that as I do not wish to turn this thread into a political discussion.  Let's just leave it at, I know who is supposed to serve who!  ;)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »

i guess to serve and protect should say to serve and protect dependent on who u are!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.