Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Air cleaners  (Read 5607 times)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Air cleaners
« on: August 24, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

Is there any difference between the ventilator performance air cleaner and the heavy breather? My harley dealer is trying to sell me the air cleaner along with the pro super tuner.
TJ
TJ

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Air cleaners
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »

The SESG already has the high flow ar cleaner so save you money there. The "Venilator" is almost identical to what comes stock on the SESG. The "Heavy Breather" is a snorkle type intake that is more for looks than performance.  For the tuner the TTS Mastertune is a much better more versitale and stable tuner. Also less $'s than the Super Tuner.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:38 AM »

The SESG already has the high flow ar cleaner so save you money there. The "Venilator" is almost identical to what comes stock on the SESG. The "Heavy Breather" is a snorkle type intake that is more for looks than performance.  For the tuner the TTS Mastertune is a much better more versitale and stable tuner. Also less $'s than the Super Tuner.

Have seen you writing favorably of the TTS tool a few times now Jim.  Has it become your favorite tuning tool for a non-dyno based effort?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »

Have seen you writing favorably of the TTS tool a few times now Jim.  Has it become your favorite tuning tool for a non-dyno based effort?

Yes and No....The TTS Datamaster and V-tune programs do work well. The issue with them is that it is difficult to hit all throttle and RPM positions on the streets. I have used them with decent results. Doing the tune on the dyno with these programs is very easy and data can be collected much easier. For non dyno based tuning the Daytona TCFI III works very well also. My opinion (as a shop owner) is that there is not a better method to tune than putting a bike on the dyno to get it dialed in. Using the tools from TTS or Daytona makes this process easier and quicker. For a shop to use these tools on the street requires the shop to spend a lot of time on the streets on the customers bike collecting data to build maps from. Personally I do not want to have the liability riding customers bikes that long to get data. Not to mention the time it takes away from other shop duties. Having said all of this an individual user on his or her own bike using the TTS tools can create a very good map for their bike.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »

Yes and No....The TTS Datamaster and V-tune programs do work well. The issue with them is that it is difficult to hit all throttle and RPM positions on the streets. I have used them with decent results. Doing the tune on the dyno with these programs is very easy and data can be collected much easier. For non dyno based tuning the Daytona TCFI III works very well also. My opinion (as a shop owner) is that there is not a better method to tune than putting a bike on the dyno to get it dialed in. Using the tools from TTS or Daytona makes this process easier and quicker. For a shop to use these tools on the street requires the shop to spend a lot of time on the streets on the customers bike collecting data to build maps from. Personally I do not want to have the liability riding customers bikes that long to get data. Not to mention the time it takes away from other shop duties. Having said all of this an individual user on his or her own bike using the TTS tools can create a very good map for their bike.
I couldn't agree more. having access to a Dyno gives the tune a good controlled environment to work in. I ran the V-Tune several times and still not hitting all the cells I wanted. Right now I'm running a map from Fullsac
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 08:09:21 AM »

Thank you
The bike runs very well stock withe just the klockwerks pipes I installed. but I am sure it could use a little tweaking now. This wintwr it will get some more mods. I'll be watching this board for options
This board it great one
TJ
TJ

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »

oh oh
 I see the mastertune is a windows program. Is there a way to use this wth a mac?
TJ
TJ

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 08:19:48 AM »

oh oh
 I see the mastertune is a windows program. Is there a way to use this wth a mac?
TJ
Isn't there a way to run a Mac in a Windows environment if it can't?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »

The short answer to that is yes. :nervous:
TJ
TJ

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »

what happens if you get caught in the rain , on these new cvo's with the open air cover, does this mean if can't ride, if that's   the case , thats pretty stupid , don't ya  think

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:20 AM »

They come with a rain sock to put over the AC. The Heavey Breather and Ventilator also come with the rain sock.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »

oh oh
TJ

Pick up a copy of "Boot Camp" from Apple.  It allows you to  boot the Mac up in a separate Windows environment.  The Master Tune,  or any other Windows program doesn't have a clue it's running on a Mac. 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »

Pick up a copy of "Boot Camp" from Apple.  It allows you to  boot the Mac up in a separate Windows environment.  The Master Tune,  or any other Windows program doesn't have a clue it's running on a Mac. 
Yea, that's the program I've heard of. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

If you don't want to have to reboot the Mac, try Parallels or VMWare Fusions. Both of these allow you to run Windows in a window on your Mac OSX desktop. MasterTune (or any other Windows program) can't tell that it's running under Mac OS.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »

so the bike will run with  the rain sock on?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.