Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: How much for sert tuner  (Read 18440 times)

SWEAGLE

Re: How much for sert tuner
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 03:18:50 AM »

You gents with Cary Faas mufflers including myself I noticed that the bike is in definite need of a tune. In fact today we went for a 75 mile ride and when i got home i noticed that the right side pipe had a couple of bubbled chrome spots and that the pipe at the neck is yellowish! Man I was  >:(!

If you have the CFR exhaust what tuner method are you using?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »

You gents with Cary Faas mufflers including myself I noticed that the bike is in definite need of a tune. In fact today we went for a 75 mile ride and when i got home i noticed that the right side pipe had a couple of bubbled chrome spots and that the pipe at the neck is yellowish! Man I was  >:(!

If you have the CFR exhaust what tuner method are you using?

If you put any combination of a high-flo air cleaner and free-flowing pipes, you're going to have to retune.  The stock HD's come from the factory at a lean 14.7 AFR with the restrictive pipes.  You let that engine breathe more and run it on the factory tune and it's going to run even leaner, and hotter. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 12:39:15 PM »

Red Devil:

I have a Super Tuner coming form Jenni--today I think..

Since you seem to know the technical aspics of the product I have a question. Does the new software allow you to "read" the map that is in the bike before you get started and save it??? As you already know the SERT wouldn't so you needed to keep track of it on your computer.

I like to have a back up just in case.......

Steve:

Have you tested the new Super Tuner along side your product???

I would greatly appreciate your assessment along with the pluses and minuses of each product especially as it pertains to the 2010 CVO's that use the new bungs.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:07:37 PM by CVOStreetglide »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »

Red Devil:

I have a Super Tuner coming form Jenni--today I think..

since you seem to know the technical aspics of the product I have a question. Does the new software allow you to "read" the map that is in the bike before you get started and save it??? As you a;lready know the SERT wouldn't so you needed to keep track of it on your computer.

I like to have a back up just in case.......

Steve:

Have you tested the new Super Tuner along side your product???

I would greatly appreciate your assessment along with the pluses and minuses of each product especially as it pertains to the 2010 CVO's that use the new bungs.

Thanks

My understanding of the Super SERT, and there are others on this site that are much more knowledgeable on it than I am, is that when you put the SERT into the record mode, it will record what your current set up (map) is, then if you run it through the new Smart Tune portion of the 2010 software, it will provide you with recommended changes that supposedly optimize the performance and you can accept these recommendations, thus creating a new map, or keep your current map.  I am assuming you have the option to save a backup copy of your map as the dealer when they dyno the bike with the Super SERT save a copy of the map.  I should be finally getting my copy of the software today or tomorrow, so I'll have more of a chance to play with it.  But I would recommend doing multiple records and Smart Tunes.  This should, in theory, fine tune the ECM to a point where there shouldn't be anymore recommended changes.   :nixweiss:  Did you also order the 2010 software CD?  Just purchasing the Super SERT does not get you the 2010 update...another way for the MoCo to get extra money out of us.  It's $29.95 for the software with Smart Tune and includes all the new 2010 base maps along with previous years.

:devil:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:12:13 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »

Yes, we have compared the two. Let's start by saying my comment of not event close was from that testing. The new Supertuner is a poorly done deal at best. The Smart tune only allows you to check a box to turn it on. You cannot set it up like you can with Mastertune. What you see on the screen is NOT what gets put into your ECM. There is no user interface with the Smart tune so you have no idea of what went on and why. You have no way to see if you have collected good data, bad data or how much of either. The new SESPT in no different than the last other than adding the new feature. You buy it and you get updates but has anyone tried to update the SESPT lately? How come those that have bought the tuner cannot get the Smart tune unless you buy a new version??? Mastertune get's update and ALL users get the updates! Mastertune is the only current product that allows you to make a backup copy of how your bike is before you start. Mastertune is the only current product that allows you to put it back to the original setup at any time. Mastertune allows you to calibrate your speedometer, Primary gearing, PE mode both spark and fuel and on and on and on that your cannot do with SESPT or any other tuner.

So in short Mastertune allows you to do a much better job tuning and calibrating. It allows you to see what is going on and change it. DataMaster which is included allows you to work and diagnosis your bike if you have issues. Vtune which is included shows you what is going on while making the calibration changes for you. This allows you to make the final decision and understand why your making it.

MSRP for Mastertune is $425.00 which includes the software
MSRP for SESPT is $459.95 which does NOT include software

Price you get from dealers can and will vary so to say the SESPT is cheaper is like pissing in the wind, some times you win and sometimes you do not. One thing for sure is your getting 1/2 the product when you buy the SESPT when compared to Mastertune.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »

Yes, we have compared the two.

Steve, have more than once appreciated and enjoyed your comparisons of your product to the current HD product.  If you're familiar with the others could you at some time share similar comparisons of the pros and cons of your product versus others such as the Thundermax, Twin Tec or Power Commander V tuning products?

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

Many thanks Steve!!!

I have the SERT now. It came with my Destroyer (unfired). So I am sensitive to having to buy the new HD Super Tuner software again.

Also, I am a big fan of being able to go back stock. I am of the opinion there are going to be growing warranty issues in the future that may require that the bike be in stock factory form prior to going back to the dealer especially if you have the extended warranty.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 02:36:36 PM »

RedDevil: 

Thanks for the information!! Yea it'll be fun sharing notes and learning experiences with you.

I ordered the whole thing including the cables and the "Tuning For Dummy's" DVD. The logger is included with the DVD and not the Super Tuner Software. 

I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with Steve in the near future and doing a complete comparison of the "Feature Function List" that he was nice enough to start. 

One of the key features of Steve's Master Tuner--for me is that they will upgrade the old security lock and maps. Also for an additional fee they allow more than one bike to use the system. I have a Destroyer than will require the new 2010 maps be installed in order to be compliant with the 2010 AHDRA Racing Rules for the class.

To my knowledge these are not new features in the HD Super Tuner. 

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »

another feature not mentioned about the Mastertune is that it Doesn't leave a footprint on your ECM, the SERT, SSERT and now mousesert, does leave one.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »

ummm, anyone wanna but a sest???

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 02:49:44 PM »

I have done 2 bikes so far with mastertune and about to do a 2010 ltd 103. so easy, well you know

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »

I have done 2 bikes so far with mastertune and about to do a 2010 ltd 103. so easy, well you know

Ditto here, maybe we can compare maps when I get mine dialed in???
HOGMIKE

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 02:59:43 PM »

that can be arranged  :2vrolijk_21:

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »

another feature not mentioned about the Mastertune is that it Doesn't leave a footprint on your ECM, the SERT, SSERT and now mousesert, does leave one.

Yea I agree that's very important!!!

WE NEED A FEATURE/FUNCTION COMPARISION  OF THE LEADING SOLUTIONS.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »

here's my comparison. TTS Mastertune and don't jack around with the others. done.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.