Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Looking to get V&H big radius 2-2 pipes  (Read 15724 times)

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Looking to get V&H big radius 2-2 pipes
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »

I'm looking to put V&H big radius 2into2 pipes on my 2009, any suggestions on where to buy?

Also are they very loud with the baffles left in them, don't want to piss the neighbors off too bad.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
Re: Looking to get V&H big radius 2-2 pipes
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:38:06 AM »

I've the same concern about the noise level of these pipes, like the look very much but sure I'll be not ridding for a mile before I get stopped by the cops.

On the other end the pipes sounds very harsh and do not seems to provide the cool deep sound I'm looking for. So I have maybe found a solution to get both look and wanted sound by adding Big Thunder City - Quality Quiet Baffles:

Product:
https://bigcitythunder.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10&cat=Quality+Quiet+Thunder+Monster+Baffles+Part+%23QBL1845

Sound sample:

Greetings    Lolo

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:33:15 AM »

I have them on my 07 FXSTSSE and Love them. They sound as good as they look. You will not have to do anything to them. I would think about installing a race tuner and having it tweaked in. That will put your air-fuel mixture were you need it to be and then you will get the max hp and torque. It will feel like a diffrent bike.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »

I've got the BR 2 into 2 on my Deuce, and I then installed the BC Monster baffles.

Here's a couple of things to consider.

1.  The Big Radius 2 into 2 will not help performance at all, period. If you are doing this for looks or sound, fine. But if performance is a priority, go with something else that's a 2 into 1.

2.  The stock V&H baffles are considerably louder than the stock exhaust. Not obnoxious, but you do have to take it easy if you're sliding in the neighborhood at 3:00am.  The BC Monster Baffles are deeper and louder yet, to the point it's actually too loud and I've avoided many later night treks through the neighborhood as a result. Sounds great, but long rides require ear plugs. As a matter of fact, they pretty sound like straight pipes.

3.  Supposedly the BC Monsters will give you a boost in HP/TQ. I haven't had mine dyno'd and a new custom tune made yet, but I have no doubt they might help a little - probably no more than 5 HP/TQ.  That said, I personally do not think the BC Quite Baffles are worth considering. While I have no idea how they compare sound-wise to the stock pipes or the standard V&H baffles, if you just look at them, you have to know they are going to cost you performance-wise, over the stock exhaust and the stock V&H.

That all said, if perfromance is your priority, don't bother with the BR 2 into 2. If you don't mind perhaps taking a little hit, and want a great looking set of pipes, and can tolerate a nicer, but somewhat louder sound, go with them, but don't waste your dough on the QC's if they are too loud. If you want to be obnoxious, and turn heads everywhere you go, get the Monster Baffles.  Either way, you will definitely want to get a custom tune as mine was running way lean with the stock program.

Lastly, I would think you should be able to run into someone running these pipes at a poker run or rally. I see them all the time?  Hearing pipe in person helps alot!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:36:03 PM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 09:54:26 AM »

I was at the dealership yesterday and the mechanic told me that the new 2-2 Big Radius pipes are now stepped and don't lose the power like the originals. Is this true?

Thanks

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »

Gosh, what a maddening new site they have that takes forever to load. Anyway, after waiting forever to get the 2-2 Big Radius page to load, I don't see any reference to "New" anything. Same PN - Same everything. Unless their site is out of date, it seems your dealer is misinformed.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »

Not a big surprise my local dealer doesn't have a good rep with the locals.

I had a talk with them and they were surprised I had already bought a bike since I last talked to them. I told them what i paid for it and then he said he would have sold it to me for the same price. I turned it around on him saying I would buy a second one if he gave that same deal for my wife......lots of back peddling after that.

Thatguycvo

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:02:37 AM »

Sweet ride. I have the blue one with 2-1 and a buddy has a cvo dyna with 2-2. If you want to piss the neighbors off then get the 2-2. Hard to believe that a dealer in eastern Iowa wouldn't give you a deal. Let me guess which one. If the weather breaks I hope I will catch you out there been wanting to see a green one in person.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »

Are you near the Quad Cities area? I hope you can give me some direction in finding the right dealership to have my bike serviced at.

Thatguycvo

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 06:52:56 AM »

I will do some checking for you. Mean mothers has a new pipe also I believe it is called side sweeps you can hear them on youtube.

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »

I didn't buy a Harley for horse power,got other bikes for that,although the non Screamin' Eagle bikes are pretty anemic. I prefer the two into two in the looks department. I just haven't seen any two into one pipes that I like the looks of. Of course that's personal preference. I thought the stock mufflers in my BR pipes were pretty loud at first,but if you chug the bike at low RPM you aren't going to upset anyone.e

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 12:40:36 AM »

I gonna take a trip to Hawkeye Harley this weekend to hear several different exhaust systems. They have a demo and a special this weekend.

It'll give me a way to waste more money over the winter months.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 07:58:28 AM »

I liked the Big Radius pipes when I first saw them, now it seems their like "toilets", that everybody has them..............
plus the V&H pipes have a very harsh and brittle sound to them, I went with the Rinehart Crossback exhaust.

VERY deep sound and and very different look! :bananarock:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:12:26 AM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 08:18:31 AM »

V/H short shots with quiet baffles and sounds good and neighbors dont complain.

Thatguycvo

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 07:00:07 AM »

Duece, Like the look of the pipes! Do you no if they will fit the 09's? My 2-1's raise the foot peg on right side and the little lady doesn't like that.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.