Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: AK went down...........  (Read 12651 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Re: AK went down...........
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 08:21:18 AM »

AK,
My prayers go out for your friend, the father of the 24yr old son, I hope that he does not blame himself for what he may think he should have or should not have done. I feel so bad for him, I hope that he can find some peace in the fact that he and his son were spending time together doing what they loved. We all will die, at least the young man went out having fun with his dad, and not at war overseas, or on the job.
  My son and I ride alot, and I ride 2up with my wife, we are always smiling when we watch our son riding and smiling and having a ball out on the roads with us. At the same time we are always watching and caring for him like he's still in a car seat.
  Nothing will take back what went wrong that day. My heart is heavy for him a brother I've never met, find peace bro, god bless.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2005, 08:36:16 PM »

Thoughts and prayers to all involved...

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2005, 09:22:25 PM »

God Bless the man who died. I am s-o-o-o sorry to hear this. I will pray for him and his family. Andy, you too. Glad as heck that you are "ok". I know this doesn't help much, but I am affected by what happened to you. As of recent times, I have been a strong supporter of A.B.A.T.E. 's lobbying to get the helmet bill passed. I STILL feel that it should be our choice, rather than mandatory. Like others who've written here today, my attitude has been that it won't matter what (if any) helmet I am wearing, because if I go down, I just as sure would rather be dead, because I'll be pretty messed up. Bet Andy will have stearn words opposing that foolishness. I think I'll reflect upon the cool factor vs. the sensible alternative. I am a big boy now, and need to preserve myself. My wife just might have a different opinion of my existence, should I go down, and become something of a vegatable for her to look after. I did work for a emmergency room surgeon who told me that a helmet is useless after 30 mph or faster, and that sometimes they add to the injury when parts shatter, and become spears to penetrate our skull. BUT you know, I think that my opinion just shifted a bit. I will ALWAYS wear a helmet. I have a 3/4 one (painted to match my SERK of course), and it is pretty kool!
God bless us all, every one of us.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 09:15:26 PM »

As of recent times, I have been a strong supporter of A.B.A.T.E. 's lobbying to get the helmet bill passed.  

Uhhh.......I think he meant the Helmet Repeal Bill. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FastFreddie

• 08 Ultra, 00 FLSTC, XR1000, 48E,01 Deuce
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 10:05:42 AM »

Not sure this is really the place, and I am glad AK is ok, Thank the good Lord above. Very sorry to hear about the  young man who died and the loss it has brought to his family. But, A helmet will aways, Always make a difference. I say this as a fellow biker, a former racer, and a medical professional. I am a paramedic, former ER nurse and now a flight nurse on a helicopter service in rural West Virginia and I have seen first hand many times where a helmet has made a difference and saved a life. I have also seen many cases where someone died with only an isolated head injury and no other marks what so ever on them. I have also never seen a  helmet come apart and become a impaled object into the skull, they are designed to delaminate thereby absorbing the impact energy. You must remember to take what many healthcare professional say about motorcycle-atv riders and especially the use of safety equipment they have poor views of us already if they are not one of us and there outlooks become colored. As a side note, I also am a ATV safety instructor and a Bystander Assistance Instructor for motorcycle riders to provide assistance to fellow riders when they crash. Thanks and Good luck AK and God Bless young mans family and friends.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 01:48:29 AM »

Sorry to hear about the tragic accident.  Please drive and ride safely this holiday season!  My thoughts and prayers are with the young man's family & friends.

Yellowsedeuce

SAC

• Full CVO Member
  • Real Mother F** N.C.C. 3%
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 06:07:58 PM »

I also heard about the accident locally.
I am saddened to hear about the tradgedy of the rider who lost his life and for the pain his Father and all his friends and family are experiencing.  
AK, I am sorry for your loss.  I too am glad that you are okay and will recover from any physical effects from the accident however, I am sure that the emotional scars will be with you for ever as with everyone else riding with your group that day.
Prayers for you and all those in your group and especially for his Father and Family.
SAC
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.