Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Awright Glare Experts, In What Order Do you Use This Chit?  (Read 4154 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Awright Glare Experts, In What Order Do you Use This Chit?
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:55:44 AM »

I have the Bike Detailer Girl coming by to do up Cybil this morning! Finally getting to use that Glare chit I bought a few years ago! I have the Liquid Clay, Spider, Micro Finish and Professional Polish. Is this the correct order to use this stuff? Thanks Glare Gurus! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Awright Glare Experts, In What Order Do you Use This Chit?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »

I have the Bike Detailer Girl coming by to do up Cybil this morning! Finally getting to use that Glare chit I bought a few years ago! I have the Liquid Clay, Spider, Micro Finish and Professional Polish. Is this the correct order to use this stuff? Thanks Glare Gurus! ;)

:jack:.....

:worthless: :worthless:

;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

:jack:.....

:worthless: :worthless:

;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I'll be trying Gary! Binx left for Ireland last night and took the Nikon with her. I only have the broken pocket Canon with me. I'll take the pics, but not sure how or if they'll come out. The display is broken, and I'm not sure if that's all that's broke! We'll find out later! :nixweiss:

HeHe!!! Now what order do I use this chit? ::) :) ;)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 11:02:22 AM »

HeHe!!! I also have Ardex 4200 Express Carbauba Wax and Teflon, and Ardex Viper Turbo Powered Speed Wax! What to use?!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »

Wish I would have know sooner...I would have come over to watch :bananarock: :bananarock:

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:17:57 AM »

Hope it works out for you. Used Glare some time ago, but was underwhelmed ;-). My bikes are now nano-protected. No more waxing, good for one year.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »

Hope it works out for you. Used Glare some time ago, but was underwhelmed ;-). My bikes are now nano-protected. No more waxing, good for one year.

Ride safely,
Louis

what's that--if I may ask????

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »

Howie, unless Cybil is bad (paintwise) I'd just use the Micro then the Professional.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »

wahs it with Dawn, removes all the old wax, Claybar it, not sure about the liquid, I use Mequires claybar, wash again, Glare it till it dissapears, like a rubbing compound, then glare again like a wax, buff it out, and put on the shades  :coolblue:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »

Howie, unless Cybil is bad (paintwise) I'd just use the Micro then the Professional.

Yeah AJ, I got loads of scuffs and swirls. Was hoping that Glare Clay chit or that Spider chit would get it our before using the Micro Finish and Pro Polish! Spider or Clay for the scuffs and swirls? ???

The liquid clay's not quite as abrasive as the bar Larry. Supposed to accomplish the same thing. But WTF do I know about cleaning products. I'm just a sucker for all the chit youze guys recommended over the years. Now I have a boxful of cleaning chit and don't use ANY of it! Time to use it is NOW!!! :nixweiss: ;)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »

Liquid Clay, Spider, Micro Finish and Professional Polish in that order.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »

Liquid Clay, Spider, Micro Finish and Professional Polish in that order.

Thanks AJ, that's what I thought! :2vrolijk_21:

Now get that syncrap out and try the dino oil. Should get your OP back up. Use it if it does, and change it every 2000! If you use a qt between changes, don't worry about it. If you use more than that, I'd look into the cause! ;)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »

what's that--if I may ask????

Nano care does protect the paint and others parts with a film created from bonded nano particles. The issue with most nano care products is that they've been developed typically for cars. Protecting paint and glass. On a bike you do have many other areas, chrome, leather, and many parts which get very hot, like the engine and the exhaust. What I am using is Nano Bike Care, which was specifically developed for motorcycles. It is good for paint, chrome, rubber, leather, everything. It is very simple process, the bike is washed with a special "shampoo", and then the nano fluid (which is very liquid) is applied. Use microfibre cloth to polish. Within less than 24 hours the nano particles have bonded and have created the protective film.
This is the product and the distributor in Germany, I have no idea about distribution elsewhere. There is also a brief video explaining the process on the page: http://www.crc-custom-parts.de/nano-bike-care.html
I have used it on my bikes and it works very well. Cleaning the Ultra now takes about half an hour, with drying. If it is repeated once a year (maybe less often, pending on the bike usage) all you need in season is "water and soap".
Now, obviously if you have scratches and the likes, only polishing with the best quality organic wax products by gently using a polisher will be of any help.
Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 05:32:29 PM »

Awright, here's the deal! F that Glare chit! Way too much work! It did get most of the scuffs and swirls out. That's a good thing! But as a final polish goes, I've seen WAAAY better! I used the liquid clay, then the spider, then the micro-finish, then the pro polish! Not thrilled with the overall shine left, I then applied the Ardex 4200 Express Carbauba Wax and Teflon! That stuff is THE CHIT!!! It's a very watery consistency. I put it on over the last coat of Glare. Easy on-easy off! Just what I like! NO RESIDUE AT ALL! And it made the Glare look like you never wiped it off! Love that Ardex chit! Recommended by someone here. Thanks dude! :2vrolijk_21:

Bike is spotless, and the camera's broke! So guess what? This thread will remain  :worthless: ::) ;D ;)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »

Bike is spotless, and the camera's broke! So guess what? This thread will remain  :worthless: ::) ;D ;)

You're useless Howie!  :P

:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 06:03:21 PM »

You're useless Howie!  :P

:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

HeHe!!! Yep! Told ya before! Binx has the Nikon in Ireland and my old camera's broken! Don't worry AJ, it'll be filthy again by MV! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »

And BTW, it took BOTH of us working, 6 hours! I did the tin and the fiber glass/plastic. She did all the chrome! She couldn't rub the clay and spider hard enough for me, so I took over all the painted parts! I did the painted parts in a 7 step application, including the initial S-100 soak, and the washing. Then 4 steps of Glare. Then the final coat of Ardex! F that noise, I'll wait til it rains next time like I usually do! That chit was WAAAY too much like working!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

You need to arrange everyone for a family portrait now that they are all clean and shiny.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »

Wish I would have read this thread before you started - Glare is the Chit but it will wear you azz out if you do it right

I feel your pain - I bought one of these polisher - Griot's 3" Random Orbital and it is the CHIT!

It does a Great job and all I have to do is just move it around ;D 

www.griotsgarage.com

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 12:50:57 AM »

I'll be trying Gary! Binx left for Ireland last night and took the Nikon with her. I only have the broken pocket Canon with me. I'll take the pics, but not sure how or if they'll come out. The display is broken, and I'm not sure if that's all that's broke! We'll find out later! :nixweiss:

HeHe!!! Now what order do I use this chit? ::) :) ;)

Awesome.....Lady of the house is gone and a female detailer coming over.......Man I need to figure out where I can find one of those.  We need pics.  
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 07:49:36 AM »

Wish I would have read this thread before you started - Glare is the Chit but it will wear you azz out if you do it right
I feel your pain - I bought one of these polisher - Griot's 3" Random Orbital and it is the CHIT!

It does a Great job and all I have to do is just move it around ;D 

www.griotsgarage.com

You got that right!  I might have to break down and get one of those orbital polishers if they make it any easier.  Almost scared to go close to my paint with a machine tho.  :nervous:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 07:52:25 AM »

You got that right!  I might have to break down and get one of those orbital polishers if they make it any easier.  Almost scared to go close to my paint with a machine tho.  :nervous:  har!  spyder

My freakin back is KILLIN me! I just ordered one, with some pads! Now maybe Detail Girl can get the whole bike done in a day, WITHOUT my help!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21: ;)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »

My freakin back is KILLIN me! I just ordered one, with some pads! Now maybe Detail Girl can get the whole bike done in a day, WITHOUT my help!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Very good.  You can let me know if it's a good product and lives up to what we need before I make the purchase.  :beerchug: :vrolijk_11: I'll be waiting for the feed-back.  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.