Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 110 heat and performance  (Read 13572 times)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: 110 heat and performance
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »

DICKW,

I also noted that "will not fit" statement on pg 451.  I believe you!  Was there any mods that were needed to make it functional?  What are your cruising temps?  I'm taking delivery on a FLHXSE and am getting rid of the CATS and seriously thinking of adding FULLSAC cores and TTS tuner in hopes of cooler temps and better performance.  THANKS!

Yes sir, I understood that statement.

I purchased a oil temp. gauge from my dealer (HD) and there are no modifications necessary for fitment, only cutting a wire and crimping.

When you purchase the gauge everything you need comes with it....... if I remember it was either $140.00 or $240.00 ish.

Ask you service tech, or any mechanic in the shop you use.

Coming back from Daytona on Sunday....180 degrees was the norm, but it was a bit chilly out.

Ambient temp around 75-80 I average 230, and the probe is in the oil pan.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

Got it DICKW-thanks.  By the way, I see you are from VA.  I used to live in Alexandria VA when I worked at Walter Reed Army Med Center.  I miss VA!
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 01:16:11 AM »

More info about gauge lights/led different shade.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42426.0

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 02:37:33 AM »

More info about gauge lights/led different shade.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42426.0

Thanks for the redirect, it settles it for me.  I appreciate it!
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 11:24:58 AM »

When my dipstick model gave up went to get a new one the dealer was out of stock but had the gauge kit for same price $139 so now have that. Temp in the 80's 225-230 and that is with the Jim's 131. Much cooler than the 110 was. Took a little work getting the old one out and new one in, helps if you have long skinny fingers. Much better than reaching down and pushing that button and burnig your hand.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »

When my dipstick model gave up went to get a new one the dealer was out of stock but had the gauge kit for same price $139 so now have that. Temp in the 80's 225-230 and that is with the Jim's 131. Much cooler than the 110 was. Took a little work getting the old one out and new one in, helps if you have long skinny fingers. Much better than reaching down and pushing that button and burnig your hand.

Yep, just use it as a quide. That's really all you can do, but for what it's worth.................................I like it much better then the Ambient Temp. Reader Thingy!!!!
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 12:43:36 PM »

Do youze REALLY wanna know how hot it is? You can hear the thing rattle like a tea kettle when it gets hot! Hot is hot, and there ain't a damn thing in the world you're gonna do about it when it gets that hot! So do you REALLY care about the numbers? Believe me, you'll know when to shut that thing down! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »

Do youze REALLY wanna know how hot it is? You can hear the thing rattle like a tea kettle when it gets hot! Hot is hot, and there ain't a damn thing in the world you're gonna do about it when it gets that hot! So do you REALLY care about the numbers? Believe me, you'll know when to shut that thing down! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Howie

Your chiming in like your all better, Glad to hear all is getting better.

I understand Cybil will be just fine.....................time and  $$$$ heals most things.

Yeah I know when mine was hot, now she 's a lot cooler after a couple mods.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »

Howie

Your chiming in like your all better, Glad to hear all is getting better.

I understand Cybil will be just fine.....................time and  $$$$ heals most things.

Yeah I know when mine was hot, now she 's a lot cooler after a couple mods.

Thanks Dick! Slowly getting back to my ole cynical self!!! ::) :D ;)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »

So is it almost as hot as a ductile iron flathead?  Cause that old beeyatch gets hot I can attest...amen! 

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »

Sioux City Bob, or anyone else who might know the answer to the following question, when you indicated changing the AFR to something like 13.4 from 14.7 (I think), is that ratio going to have an unintended consequence of fouling your spark plugs? Thanks

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 09:29:33 AM »

Howie I agree with you. Who cares how hot the oil gets. It gets hot and thats what happens in a air cooled combustion motor. If you open up the bike and dyno it with more fuel she will idle at a light 10 min's or more and not overheat. Being in the Desert when it gets 105-110 degrees out Kasper runs cool and the oil gets hot. This is normal.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 21 queries.