Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Catalytic Conveter Removal-Warranty  (Read 19775 times)

rickcohen

Re: Catalytic Conveter Removal-Warranty
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »

I was having lots of issues because of the converter or so I was told by my local Harley Shop (pay stupid amount for a bike and it keeps stalling out because of pipes!!)..they wanted to place a new header on bike for about a thousand bucks more (whats wrong with this picture?)...did not mention voiding the warranty. I have a 2009 CVO Road Glide anyone know where you can get a set of inexpensive header pipes? And what I should get? Feel free to email me awpc@shaw.ca! Also thanks to I think his name was Derreck or Dexter in Reno for this site info!!! Hope your 5 thousand mile went painlessly! Thanks!
Rick

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »

I was having lots of issues because of the converter or so I was told by my local Harley Shop (pay stupid amount for a bike and it keeps stalling out because of pipes!!)..they wanted to place a new header on bike for about a thousand bucks more (whats wrong with this picture?)...did not mention voiding the warranty. I have a 2009 CVO Road Glide anyone know where you can get a set of inexpensive header pipes? And what I should get? Feel free to email me awpc@shaw.ca! Also thanks to I think his name was Derreck or Dexter in Reno for this site info!!! Hope your 5 thousand mile went painlessly! Thanks!
Rick
Here is a set - 09 Catless Header that already has the cat removed.

Also welcome to the site when you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »

Rick

Find another dealer!
There should be no "issues" on a new bike IMO.
HOGMIKE

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »

>:( >:(

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

get another dealer.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 06:37:51 PM »

Ric
  Look at event section meet and great 8pm lot,s of 09 serg owner there , YOU GOT NO PROBLEM  don,t stress--AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

I,m burning my way to 1,000 post,s  break neck speed . look out i,ll get there only been on since 2003.  Ironic I,m in 1000 plus photo,s ---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »

Your bike should run just fine with the convertor, What issues are you having?I would run not walk to another dealer.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »

>:( >:( >:(

Yes, the bike should run fine stock.  Might be a little short on power, run damned hot and run quiet, but it should run without question.

If not, get to another dealer and if all else fails use the "lemon law" and a lawyer.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

:coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 21 queries.