Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2 Dozen Motorcycles go down...  (Read 5300 times)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2 Dozen Motorcycles go down...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 10:47:46 PM »

.....Just like some of us think 10 mph over is a good safe speed while HOG teaches to never go over the speed limit.  What are ya gonna do? :nixweiss:

I’m gonna ask Hoist what he believes is a reasonably safe cruising speed.  :laugh3:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 01:24:55 AM »

This is all that has been released so far. Does not appear to be any of our friends. Looks like most of the injuries are members from Idaho.
Here is a cut and paste

By Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian
September 19, 2009, 1:35AM
Oregon State Police today have identified five of the 10 Brother Speed motorcyclists injured in Friday afternoon's Interstate 5 pileup.

The most critically injured were Herbert Sinclair, 48, of Heyburn and David Bowyer, 44, of Coeur d'Alene were among those hurt in the wreck, which closed the northbound lanes for about two hours. Sinclair is listed in good condition at OHSU Hospital. Bowyer is listed in serious condition at Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Center.

Police identified three other crash victims: Juan Ramon Mata, 60, Christian J. Gankema, 40, and Gary Pawson, 38. They are from Idaho.

The identities of the remaining riders -- and the names of the two drivers of cars involved in the wreck -- were not immediately available.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »

The only problem with leaving 'space' is what JC said.  Some yahoo will cut into the pack with disasterous results.  :(  spyder
I do agree, to much  space will let an idot in cage cut in.  Most MC clubs run 100% side by side and very little space between the bike in front and the one in back.

I was refering more to a stagard set up with about two to three bike lentghs between the directly in front. 

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »

Most MC clubs run 100% side by side and very little space between the bike in front and the one in back.

Except in Virginia, where they'll definitely pull you for a ticket for side by side.   :'(  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »

these guys always ride side by side.....spoke with brother in late yesterday who was in this wreck and he said everyone should be okay. could have been a lot worse I'm sure but fortunately no one died.  Mangled bikes can be fixed or replaced, people can't be.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 04:20:43 PM »

Good to hear Keith

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 05:00:31 PM »

Unfortunately the injured rider that was still in the hospital has passed away during the night. David Bowyer was 44.

As I mentioned in a previous comment on this thread, though I do not belong to this or any other MC club my Brother-in-law  is a member of Brother Speed and over the weekend here in Coeur d Alene, Idaho they held a benefit for David attended by many Brother Speed members as well as members of several other clubs (Hells Angels, Gypsy Jokers, Viet Nam Vets, Combat Vets, and numerous Christian rider clubs) attended and donated or bid on auction items.

Total raised was about $4k. He is survived by his Mom a Sister and a real cool albino Great Dane.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.