Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rider Missing Lolo Pass to W Yellowstone  (Read 2179 times)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
Rider Missing Lolo Pass to W Yellowstone
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »

Thought this was the best place to Cross-Post this.  It is posted on Pashnit & other forums at this point.  He is still missing

Rider Missing - Lolo Pass to W. Yellowstone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donald Masters left Orofino, ID, Monday, August 31, headed for West Yellowstone and then on to Denver. He has not been seen or heard from since. We have reason to believe he may have gone missing Monday (he was due into Denver Wednesday). He was riding a black 2008 Goldwing, Colorado Plate #327-UTH.

If you are riding Lolo Pass, or anywhere between Missoula and W. Yellowstone, please be on the lookout for Donald and his bike. He's 62 years old, weighs about 175 and is about 5'9" tall. His bike would have been loaded with a fair amount of gear as he was on a 2+ week trip. If you have seen him or have information about him or his bike, please call the Clearwater County (ID) Sheriff's Department at (208) 476-4521.

This is a picture of him on the silver Goldwing he owned before getting the black 'Wing earlier this year:   See Below
-----------------------

We have confirmed that my brother-in-law bought gas at the Superpump in Lolo, Montana, during the afternoon of August 31. No charge card purchases after that. If he went down, it's likely he went down between Lolo and W. Yellowstone, with the most likely route being US-93 - MT 43 to Wisdom - MT 278 to Dillon - MT 41 to Twin Bridges - MT 287 to Ennis - then into W. Yellowstone.

Anyone riding these roads please be on the lookout for evidence of a wreck. Information should be passed on to the Clearwater Cty. (ID) Sheriff at the number listed in my first post.
------------------------

Nothing new to speak of. A detective with the local PD got some information from ATT, his cell carrier, but I am not confident about the accuracy. If I had to guess, and I am guessing, I'd say he went missing between Lolo, MT and W. Yellowstone. Thanks for cross-posting.

Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Rider Missing Lolo Pass to W Yellowstone
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »

This guy could still be alive . Has anyone not searched the route with a helicopter ?     I found a friend of mine after a 13 hour search who ran off the road. Broken back but alive. Don't give up till he his found.

Thought this was the best place to Cross-Post this.  It is posted on Pashnit & other forums at this point.  He is still missing

Rider Missing - Lolo Pass to W. Yellowstone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donald Masters left Orofino, ID, Monday, August 31, headed for West Yellowstone and then on to Denver. He has not been seen or heard from since. We have reason to believe he may have gone missing Monday (he was due into Denver Wednesday). He was riding a black 2008 Goldwing, Colorado Plate #327-UTH.

If you are riding Lolo Pass, or anywhere between Missoula and W. Yellowstone, please be on the lookout for Donald and his bike. He's 62 years old, weighs about 175 and is about 5'9" tall. His bike would have been loaded with a fair amount of gear as he was on a 2+ week trip. If you have seen him or have information about him or his bike, please call the Clearwater County (ID) Sheriff's Department at (208) 476-4521.

This is a picture of him on the silver Goldwing he owned before getting the black 'Wing earlier this year:   See Below
-----------------------

We have confirmed that my brother-in-law bought gas at the Superpump in Lolo, Montana, during the afternoon of August 31. No charge card purchases after that. If he went down, it's likely he went down between Lolo and W. Yellowstone, with the most likely route being US-93 - MT 43 to Wisdom - MT 278 to Dillon - MT 41 to Twin Bridges - MT 287 to Ennis - then into W. Yellowstone.

Anyone riding these roads please be on the lookout for evidence of a wreck. Information should be passed on to the Clearwater Cty. (ID) Sheriff at the number listed in my first post.
------------------------

Nothing new to speak of. A detective with the local PD got some information from ATT, his cell carrier, but I am not confident about the accuracy. If I had to guess, and I am guessing, I'd say he went missing between Lolo, MT and W. Yellowstone. Thanks for cross-posting.

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »

Yeah, we don't really have much info.  Hopefully there is a lot going on behind the scenes that way.
Bill (Sklywag)

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »

Any updates on this?

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »

This is the link to the thread on Pashnit.  It is being kept up to date.  Bottom line, no news.

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24013
Bill (Sklywag)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »

The final chapter.

Re: Rider Missing - Lolo Pass to W. Yellowstone

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you the news.

Donald Masters has been found at a crash site on Rt 93 around mile marker 322.1 between North Fork, ID and Salmon, ID

Donald and his bike were spotted by Elk hunters that were out tracking a buck. There was about 150' of shoulder and then a steep drop off into a drainage irrigation ditch. The area was covered in thick brush. He was wearing his helmet.

Out of respect to the family and loved ones I ask for this thread to be closed and we create a Memorial Page to Donald where you can share some kinds words with everyone.

My thoughts and Prayers are with the family.

Rest in Peace Donald Masters.
Larry Jensen
on behalf of the Motorcycle Community

Bill (Sklywag)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »

very sad to hear! we need to keep his family in our prayers and thoughts!

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »

very sad to hear! we need to keep his family in our prayers and thoughts!
Well said
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:00:07 PM »

So sorry! Our prayers are with his family.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »

In accordance with sklywag's wishes, I am locking this thread
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 23 queries.