Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking to buy this but transferred has me worried? Cud it have been a repo?  (Read 558 times)

NETacoma03Fatboy

• Full CVO Member

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?ct=u&address=98023&result_car_id=264142354&dealership_view_name=autoquestinc&car_id=264142354&dealer_id=2389869

Click on the Carfax link.  Could this have been a repo and sold at auction?   If the Dealer had it, they would not auction out a clean car like this but would keep it on their lot???????  Comments..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:22:58 PM by NETacoma03Fatboy »

Wanna ride

I keep getting this when I try to open the link:
We are sorry, our system cannot process your request at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

NETacoma03Fatboy

• Full CVO Member

ok.  try this now.

Wanna ride

Depends on the dealers specific inventory at the time of the auction. Alot of dealers need to quickly rotate inventory if they have too much of the same type of units. Or if certain units aren't particularly hot at the moment. Alot of dealers are doing alot of erratic things right now, trying to keep their head out of water in a crazy market. I don't really see anything to be alarmed about. The "one-owner" is always attractive, it shows stability in the unit. But this one wasn't "one-owner" for long, only 20k. But then again, alot of high-end units don't stay in one drive-way very long. Most people wit that kind of disposable income, like a new vehicle every 12-24 months.

I think you'll be fine, but nothing replaces a conventional, first-hand inspection.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

Did you see the Carfax Report?

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:

06/30/2007    8    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Pre-delivery inspection completed
Washed/detailed 

07/14/2007    29    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Vehicle sold 

07/14/2007       Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Colorado Springs, CO    Registered as
personal vehicle

07/26/2007       Kuni Lexus
Littleton, CO
303-798-9500
www.kunilexus.com    Vehicle offered for sale 

08/07/2007       Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Colorado Springs, CO
Title #361427    Title issued or updated
First owner reported 

09/11/2007       Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Colorado Springs, CO
Title #361427    Registration issued or renewed 

12/28/2007    5,077    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Tire condition and pressure checked
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
Exterior lights checked 

06/12/2008    10,096    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed

11/21/2008    14,965    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Cabin air filter replaced
Air filter replaced
Tires balanced
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
Tire repaired
One tire mounted and balanced 

02/10/2009    17,748    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Tire repaired 

04/30/2009    19,934    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Wipers serviced
Washed/detailed 

05/01/2009    19,976    Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Vehicle offered for sale 

05/07/2009       Dealer Inventory    Vehicle offered for sale 

05/23/2009       Dealer Inventory    Vehicle sold 

06/01/2009    20,108    Auto Auction    Sold at auction
in Pacific Region Listed as a dealer vehicle 

06/05/2009       Lexus Of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
719-385-0111
www.lexusofcs.com    Vehicle sold 

06/22/2009       Dealer Inventory    Vehicle offered for sale 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

NETacoma03Fatboy

• Full CVO Member

yes Greg.  That is why I am asking here.  Lots of transfers and I am not savvy with these reports.

This does not seem like a normal progression for a car like this and that is why I thought I would throw it out here.  At least Wanna Ride took some time to comment and give feedback.

Wanna ride

Yes, I did see the report. It's a one-owner car. It's very common for dealers to sell "lots" of cars, with several units in each "lot". Thety will also trade "lots" of units, depending on what they may desire at their specific dealership. It's very common. Bottom line, this car has had one private owner. These transactions still show up, even when they're sold without being licensed or registered to an indiviual, all of these transactions took place as inventory, not a private vehicle.

On 6/1, it was purchased from a dealer at an auction (it looks like the dealer used it for a short while as a mgr. ride, loaner, etc.)
On 6/5, the sale paperwork was processed by the state, which issued it to the buying dealership
On6/22 the dealership that bought it at auction, received the paperwork to make it available for sale

Nothing looks out of place here. Unfortunately, due to varied processes and large "lot" auction purchases and sales, some info is duplicated. Because of the close proximity of dates, I see nothing to be concerned with here.

In a former position where I work, I often had to process paperwork on a company fleet of approximately 300 executive vehicles. So I'm fairly familiar with this and similar info. Everything looks ordinary here.

Wanna ride

And to answer your original question, it may have been a repo. That info's not always available. I still wouldn't be concerned if it was. More importasntly, I see no indication of collision or flood. That's what you really have to look out for. When buying vehicles online, you have to always be weary of vehicles that originated in the south. like areas around bodies of water. Flood vehicles are typically worse than collisions.

Collisions are repairable, but the damages of flood don't show up until some time later. All the copper wiring starts to corrode and doesn't always develop problems until some time down the road, after it's too late. And those are problems you do not want on modernk, computerized cars.

Hope this helps.

NETacoma03Fatboy

• Full CVO Member

Thanks Wanna...

it makes me feel better that someone with experience thinks it is OK. 

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.