Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Mufflers, black or chrome?  (Read 1889 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
SE Mufflers, black or chrome?
« on: September 19, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »

Cashed in my Harley dollars ($500) and am considering the HD SE mufflers. I have the Rush slipons and absolutely love them but it has become obvious to me, after three muffler replacements, they can't get the chrome right. Btw, I have them for sale if anyone is interested. The top pipe that tarnishes is brand new. Anyway my bike is the 09 yellow and I wondered if anyone has seen the black Se mufflers with chrome tips on the yellow. Also the chrome with black tips. Pictures? Opinions?
  Gary

Busterbrown

Re: SE Mufflers, black or chrome?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 09:07:40 AM »

I saw a set of black tipped SE slip ons at the dealer on a CVO and they looked great.

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »

Pretty slick aren't they :huepfenlol2: I also just added some awesome looking rotors from RC called the "Widow" as well as the custom seat.......I have 14K on this bike and the engine just keeps running smoother. I am averaging 45MPG and ride it like I stole it. It is also more responsive than ever. The pipes break in nicely and the rumble on decel is unbelievable.

Trade for a 2010??? No freakin way!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:29:00 PM by 2fatbob09 »

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38:20 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Black with chrome tips looks great.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:22:59 AM »

Pretty slick aren't they :huepfenlol2: I also just added some awesome looking rotors from RC called the "Widow" as well as the custom seat.......I have 14K on this bike and the engine just keeps running smoother. I am averaging 45MPG and ride it like I stole it. It is also more responsive than ever. The pipes break in nicely and the rumble on decel is unbelievable.

Trade for a 2010??? No freakin way!

Like to see your rotors. Can you post a picture. I to have RC rotors. Did you add any tuning to the SE muffs? The 2010 is a step back in appearance in my opinion.
 Gary

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.