Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???  (Read 38397 times)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »

I was fortunate enough to find my 2000 triple red SERG last fall,  the previous owner told me that there were only 1550 SERG's produced that year in recognition of the new (1550 ) 103 motor.  He said that 775 were in the Orange and Black paint scheme and 775 in the Triple Red paint scheme.  First off can someone verify this statement for me and second I wonder how many other Triple Reds are registered on the site. If you have one of the Triple Reds please put me on your buddy list so I can see how many of us there are.
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

I was fortunate enough to find my 2000 triple red SERG last fall,  the previous owner told me that there were only 1550 SERG's produced that year in recognition of the new (1550 ) 103 motor.  He said that 775 were in the Orange and Black paint scheme and 775 in the Triple Red paint scheme.  First off can someone verify this statement for me and second I wonder how many other Triple Reds are registered on the site. If you have one of the Triple Reds please put me on your buddy list so I can see how many of us there are.
Take a look at this thread - 2000 SERG Production Figures Inside

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »

A 1550 is a 95" motor.
A 1690 is a 103" motor.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »

I've got a red SERG!  Coincidentally there's another one that lives somewhere around town also.  I see it occasionally though have never hooked up with the guy that bought it.  He actually posted once here mentioning his (then) upcoming purchase but never made it back in.  It was bought maybe 15 months or so ago.  Mine, of course, is all stock though.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »

I have only seen two others on the road up here in Canada,  one around Niagara Falls but I think it was visiting from the States,  because I am from this area and thats the only time I saw one here, and one in the London Ont. area.  I wonder how many were sold outside of the USA?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:16:40 PM »

Mine, of course, is all stock though.

Totally!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »

There is one in Lake Elsinore, Ca., and I think those production numbers are correct. Here its fitted with a King TP, big winshield, and a Bushtec trailer for those long trips. Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

I have only seen two others on the road up here in Canada,  one around Niagara Falls but I think it was visiting from the States,  because I am from this area and thats the only time I saw one here, and one in the London Ont. area.  I wonder how many were sold outside of the USA?

That's a great picture Marty.  Nice scene and great looking bike.

I know it's been told here before but I still get a kick out of the day I found my bike.  Had been interested since they were new.  Though at the time pretty sure I just thought it was cool and didn't have a clue what CVO bikes were.  Just thought it was limited production paint scheme.

Never had a chance at one then.  So just always half-heartedly looked.  Scanned advertisements occasionally for years.  If something popped up I'd perk up.  Read stuff from all over the country and spoke with lord knows how many different guys over the years. 

It wasn't a pressing thing.  So knew I'd have to find the right deal to make me pull the trigger.  Would all just have to be "right."  Then one Saturday morning a buddy sends an email with a link to an ad.  Email reads something like "hey, isn't this one of those bikes you're always looking for?"

It was.  Low mileage bike with everything with it in great shape at a great price.  An hour from my house.  Had lived it's entire life around here and I'd never seen it.  Saw that ad and spoke to the guy about 10:30.  We agreed on a price over the phone.  Headed out with the trailer in tow and was home with the bike by around 3:30 or 4:00 that day if I remember correctly.  Whole experience was maybe a half dozen hours from start to finish. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

There is one in Lake Elsinore, Ca., and I think those production numbers are correct. Here its fitted with a King TP, big winshield, and a Bushtec trailer for those long trips. Doc

Yours look a lot better than mine right now Doc.  Guess I need to finish that...  :oops:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

Yours look a lot better than mine right now Doc.  Guess I need to finish that...  :oops:

The only thing left stock on that bike is the hammer  ::). What bars do you have ?  Hope to see you here in June, and I guess we should talk about the run pins sometime soon.  Doc

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »

I've got a red SERG!  Coincidentally there's another one that lives somewhere around town also.  I see it occasionally though have never hooked up with the guy that bought it.  He actually posted once here mentioning his (then) upcoming purchase but never made it back in.  It was bought maybe 15 months or so ago.  Mine, of course, is all stock though.
Heh Jerry (grc) I think it's time you did the red arrow thing again like you did on somebody's SEEG. :evilgrin: :sneaky: :wiseguy:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »

The only thing left stock on that bike is the hammer  ::). What bars do you have ?  Hope to see you here in June, and I guess we should talk about the run pins sometime soon.  Doc

That's just harsh :huepfenlol2: !

The bars are Wild1's 10.5" "mini apes."  It's their number 515 bars.  They're leaned back a bit from ape-vertical to gain some pull back and work very well.  Like the look.  But even more importantly the feel is very very good.

The bike is even less stock after this evening.  Finally got the swingarm conversion done.  Some time a couple nights ago and more this evening.  Chore was actually a far larger pain in the ass than I expected it to be.  Finally got the old tweaked swingarm off the bike though and replaced with the 02 and later style.  So shouldn't ever have to worry about that again.

Have the dates for the Dago area GTG on the calendar.  Enough different people can screw up my schedule that this far out I can only keep my finger crossed.  But I'm doing that.  Really really want to be there.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 11:29:34 PM »

Heh Jerry (grc) I think it's time you did the red arrow thing again like you did on somebody's SEEG. :evilgrin: :sneaky: :wiseguy:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

ptttthhhhhhhhhhh.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »

That's a great picture Marty.  Nice scene and great looking bike.

I know it's been told here before but I still get a kick out of the day I found my bike.  Had been interested since they were new.  Though at the time pretty sure I just thought it was cool and didn't have a clue what CVO bikes were.  Just thought it was limited production paint scheme.

Never had a chance at one then.  So just always half-heartedly looked.  Scanned advertisements occasionally for years.  If something popped up I'd perk up.  Read stuff from all over the country and spoke with lord knows how many different guys over the years. 

It wasn't a pressing thing.  So knew I'd have to find the right deal to make me pull the trigger.  Would all just have to be "right."  Then one Saturday morning a buddy sends an email with a link to an ad.  Email reads something like "hey, isn't this one of those bikes you're always looking for?"

It was.  Low mileage bike with everything with it in great shape at a great price.  An hour from my house.  Had lived it's entire life around here and I'd never seen it.  Saw that ad and spoke to the guy about 10:30.  We agreed on a price over the phone.  Headed out with the trailer in tow and was home with the bike by around 3:30 or 4:00 that day if I remember correctly.  Whole experience was maybe a half dozen hours from start to finish. 
For me it was because a friend of mine had one and I thought it was the perfect bike for me.  Well I was casually serching E-bay one day last fall and saw a bike just like it up for bid.  I knew I could never afford the asking price but I loved that bike.  As it turned out there were no bids on it so I tried to find out who was selling it and found it was my friends bike,  and he had just ordered the 09 SERG in silver and black.  After a couple of hours of negotiations I ended up with the bike of my dreams.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »

For me it was because a friend of mine had one and I thought it was the perfect bike for me.  Well I was casually serching E-bay one day last fall and saw a bike just like it up for bid.  I knew I could never afford the asking price but I loved that bike.  As it turned out there were no bids on it so I tried to find out who was selling it and found it was my friends bike,  and he had just ordered the 09 SERG in silver and black.  After a couple of hours of negotiations I ended up with the bike of my dreams.

That's great.  Had to feel like bringing home an old friend.  As good as most distant sellers might be a known quantity close to home always feels better than a UFO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.