Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???  (Read 38396 times)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »

I was fortunate enough to find my 2000 triple red SERG last fall,  the previous owner told me that there were only 1550 SERG's produced that year in recognition of the new (1550 ) 103 motor.  He said that 775 were in the Orange and Black paint scheme and 775 in the Triple Red paint scheme.  First off can someone verify this statement for me and second I wonder how many other Triple Reds are registered on the site. If you have one of the Triple Reds please put me on your buddy list so I can see how many of us there are.
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

I was fortunate enough to find my 2000 triple red SERG last fall,  the previous owner told me that there were only 1550 SERG's produced that year in recognition of the new (1550 ) 103 motor.  He said that 775 were in the Orange and Black paint scheme and 775 in the Triple Red paint scheme.  First off can someone verify this statement for me and second I wonder how many other Triple Reds are registered on the site. If you have one of the Triple Reds please put me on your buddy list so I can see how many of us there are.
Take a look at this thread - 2000 SERG Production Figures Inside

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »

A 1550 is a 95" motor.
A 1690 is a 103" motor.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »

I've got a red SERG!  Coincidentally there's another one that lives somewhere around town also.  I see it occasionally though have never hooked up with the guy that bought it.  He actually posted once here mentioning his (then) upcoming purchase but never made it back in.  It was bought maybe 15 months or so ago.  Mine, of course, is all stock though.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »

I have only seen two others on the road up here in Canada,  one around Niagara Falls but I think it was visiting from the States,  because I am from this area and thats the only time I saw one here, and one in the London Ont. area.  I wonder how many were sold outside of the USA?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:16:40 PM »

Mine, of course, is all stock though.

Totally!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »

There is one in Lake Elsinore, Ca., and I think those production numbers are correct. Here its fitted with a King TP, big winshield, and a Bushtec trailer for those long trips. Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

I have only seen two others on the road up here in Canada,  one around Niagara Falls but I think it was visiting from the States,  because I am from this area and thats the only time I saw one here, and one in the London Ont. area.  I wonder how many were sold outside of the USA?

That's a great picture Marty.  Nice scene and great looking bike.

I know it's been told here before but I still get a kick out of the day I found my bike.  Had been interested since they were new.  Though at the time pretty sure I just thought it was cool and didn't have a clue what CVO bikes were.  Just thought it was limited production paint scheme.

Never had a chance at one then.  So just always half-heartedly looked.  Scanned advertisements occasionally for years.  If something popped up I'd perk up.  Read stuff from all over the country and spoke with lord knows how many different guys over the years. 

It wasn't a pressing thing.  So knew I'd have to find the right deal to make me pull the trigger.  Would all just have to be "right."  Then one Saturday morning a buddy sends an email with a link to an ad.  Email reads something like "hey, isn't this one of those bikes you're always looking for?"

It was.  Low mileage bike with everything with it in great shape at a great price.  An hour from my house.  Had lived it's entire life around here and I'd never seen it.  Saw that ad and spoke to the guy about 10:30.  We agreed on a price over the phone.  Headed out with the trailer in tow and was home with the bike by around 3:30 or 4:00 that day if I remember correctly.  Whole experience was maybe a half dozen hours from start to finish. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

There is one in Lake Elsinore, Ca., and I think those production numbers are correct. Here its fitted with a King TP, big winshield, and a Bushtec trailer for those long trips. Doc

Yours look a lot better than mine right now Doc.  Guess I need to finish that...  :oops:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

Yours look a lot better than mine right now Doc.  Guess I need to finish that...  :oops:

The only thing left stock on that bike is the hammer  ::). What bars do you have ?  Hope to see you here in June, and I guess we should talk about the run pins sometime soon.  Doc

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »

I've got a red SERG!  Coincidentally there's another one that lives somewhere around town also.  I see it occasionally though have never hooked up with the guy that bought it.  He actually posted once here mentioning his (then) upcoming purchase but never made it back in.  It was bought maybe 15 months or so ago.  Mine, of course, is all stock though.
Heh Jerry (grc) I think it's time you did the red arrow thing again like you did on somebody's SEEG. :evilgrin: :sneaky: :wiseguy:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »

The only thing left stock on that bike is the hammer  ::). What bars do you have ?  Hope to see you here in June, and I guess we should talk about the run pins sometime soon.  Doc

That's just harsh :huepfenlol2: !

The bars are Wild1's 10.5" "mini apes."  It's their number 515 bars.  They're leaned back a bit from ape-vertical to gain some pull back and work very well.  Like the look.  But even more importantly the feel is very very good.

The bike is even less stock after this evening.  Finally got the swingarm conversion done.  Some time a couple nights ago and more this evening.  Chore was actually a far larger pain in the ass than I expected it to be.  Finally got the old tweaked swingarm off the bike though and replaced with the 02 and later style.  So shouldn't ever have to worry about that again.

Have the dates for the Dago area GTG on the calendar.  Enough different people can screw up my schedule that this far out I can only keep my finger crossed.  But I'm doing that.  Really really want to be there.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 11:29:34 PM »

Heh Jerry (grc) I think it's time you did the red arrow thing again like you did on somebody's SEEG. :evilgrin: :sneaky: :wiseguy:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

ptttthhhhhhhhhhh.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »

That's a great picture Marty.  Nice scene and great looking bike.

I know it's been told here before but I still get a kick out of the day I found my bike.  Had been interested since they were new.  Though at the time pretty sure I just thought it was cool and didn't have a clue what CVO bikes were.  Just thought it was limited production paint scheme.

Never had a chance at one then.  So just always half-heartedly looked.  Scanned advertisements occasionally for years.  If something popped up I'd perk up.  Read stuff from all over the country and spoke with lord knows how many different guys over the years. 

It wasn't a pressing thing.  So knew I'd have to find the right deal to make me pull the trigger.  Would all just have to be "right."  Then one Saturday morning a buddy sends an email with a link to an ad.  Email reads something like "hey, isn't this one of those bikes you're always looking for?"

It was.  Low mileage bike with everything with it in great shape at a great price.  An hour from my house.  Had lived it's entire life around here and I'd never seen it.  Saw that ad and spoke to the guy about 10:30.  We agreed on a price over the phone.  Headed out with the trailer in tow and was home with the bike by around 3:30 or 4:00 that day if I remember correctly.  Whole experience was maybe a half dozen hours from start to finish. 
For me it was because a friend of mine had one and I thought it was the perfect bike for me.  Well I was casually serching E-bay one day last fall and saw a bike just like it up for bid.  I knew I could never afford the asking price but I loved that bike.  As it turned out there were no bids on it so I tried to find out who was selling it and found it was my friends bike,  and he had just ordered the 09 SERG in silver and black.  After a couple of hours of negotiations I ended up with the bike of my dreams.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »

For me it was because a friend of mine had one and I thought it was the perfect bike for me.  Well I was casually serching E-bay one day last fall and saw a bike just like it up for bid.  I knew I could never afford the asking price but I loved that bike.  As it turned out there were no bids on it so I tried to find out who was selling it and found it was my friends bike,  and he had just ordered the 09 SERG in silver and black.  After a couple of hours of negotiations I ended up with the bike of my dreams.

That's great.  Had to feel like bringing home an old friend.  As good as most distant sellers might be a known quantity close to home always feels better than a UFO.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 12:14:18 AM »

Thats for sure!!!  I know that he was as particular about a clean well oiled machine as I am, so the bike has been babied since new and the tradition continues!!!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 12:19:51 AM »

On a side note---  I have replaced the headlight bubble cover and it is a great look!!  I really liked the look of the 09 SERG with the black trim around the headlights so I ordered the trim from the 09 and it fits right in to the four slots that hold the bubble.  Looks great!!  Pix tomorrow

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 12:31:08 AM »

Thats for sure!!!  I know that he was as particular about a clean well oiled machine as I am, so the bike has been babied since new and the tradition continues!!!

These certainly are beautiful bikes Marty.  So you've got much to proud of and happy with.  Hope you enjoy it a long long time.

They ride well.  Can easily be dialed in to be comfortable for just about any rider.  And damn they look good :drink: .

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 10:04:05 AM »

Well so far my little quest to find proud owners of the 2000 Triple Red SERG has netted me three people on this site, four including me.  I hope that over time I will be able to find the remaining 681 owners. LOL   But it is a unique bike and I think getting to know other owners is kinda cool!  If anyone knows of an owner of the 2000 Triple Red SERG please direct them to this post.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »

Great pic, that new style windshield really makes that fairing look complete doesn't it. My wife and I were in a accident a couple of years ago and the 98 RG got totaled.  Ever since I saw the SE in 2000 I wanted one but just thought it was a dealer costom set up...didn't know anything about a CVO line of bikes. While recovering for three months I got on line and found two of them, one in San Francisco and the other one about a hour from my house in SoCal. When I went to look at it, like yours, it was 100% stock and complete. This guy changed the oil every 2K miles and it looked showroom fresh...and I rode it home. We have the bike that started it all cause its the first of the Screaming Eagle line and the most complete out of the box SE bagger since. Willie's intent was to display the SE aftermarket choices available for Harley riders while adding value by bundling the package on a new line of bikes. We along with the limited run 09's share a very important part in Harley history.  Enjoy,  Doc

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »

Great pic, that new style windshield really makes that fairing look complete doesn't it. My wife and I were in a accident a couple of years ago and the 98 RG got totaled.  Ever since I saw the SE in 2000 I wanted one but just thought it was a dealer costom set up...didn't know anything about a CVO line of bikes. While recovering for three months I got on line and found two of them, one in San Francisco and the other one about a hour from my house in SoCal. When I went to look at it, like yours, it was 100% stock and complete. This guy changed the oil every 2K miles and it looked showroom fresh...and I rode it home. We have the bike that started it all cause its the first of the Screaming Eagle line and the most complete out of the box SE bagger since. Willie's intent was to display the SE aftermarket choices available for Harley riders while adding value by bundling the package on a new line of bikes. We along with the limited run 09's share a very important part in Harley history.  Enjoy,  Doc
Yes I really like the look of the 12" Klock Werks too and it gives me just enough buffering to let me feel like I am still on a bike unlike the tall stock screen.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »

Yes I really like the look of the 12" Klock Werks too and it gives me just enough buffering to let me feel like I am still on a bike unlike the tall stock screen.

I agree and as soon as I got back from Reno my KW and chopped TP went right back on. The tall one is good for bugs, rain, hail, rocks...but absolutely no sense otherwise.  ;D  Doc

III

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

I have one, saw one for sale about a year ago in the Houston area. In July looked at a O/B with less than 10,000 miles in Brenham, TX. Sure was tempting to have a set of um.  ;)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 08:52:23 PM »

Hi III :-)  thanks for joining my quest,  so far I have found 6 of the 685 Triple Reds.  It may take a while but I have nothing but time right now, so I am enjoying meeting other proud owners.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »

Hey III  you might also like the post " Show us your Road Glide " in this same discussion area.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

:bananarock: So far I have found 6 of the Triple Red's  :pepper:  Only 679 left to find!!!  Please help me out boys and girls, spread the word that their Triple Red's are being counted.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 01:26:37 PM »

Just saw one listed on eBay for sale.  Buy it and you'll know where seven are :huepfenlol2: .

How actively you going to attempt to detail the red SERGs?  Going to start an owner's registry?  Red SERGs or all the classic SERGs.  Get enough names and we could throw a party :2vrolijk_21: .

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »

great idea Twolane!!!  Who knows how may I will be able to find but if the numbers climb a good :drink:party might just be called for :pepper:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »

great idea Twolane!!!  Who knows how may I will be able to find but if the numbers climb a good :drink:party might just be called for :pepper:

Oh yeah, heluvanidea!  List the classic SERGs and throw a party ??? :2vrolijk_21: .

You are hereby and formally unofficially anointed The Classic SERG Listerer.  Be proud.  Be strong.  Make list.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »

Oh yeah, heluvanidea!  List the classic SERGs and throw a party ??? :2vrolijk_21: .

You are hereby and formally unofficially anointed The Classic SERG Listerer.  Be proud.  Be strong.  Make list.

GREAT!!! Perfect place for my BLUE3!!! :2vrolijk_21: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »

GREAT!!! Perfect place for my BLUE3!!! :2vrolijk_21: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: ;)

That's right.  Get 'em all mixed up.  That way it won't make any difference when the red SERG pulls in to the FXR Gathering :huepfenlol2: .   :oops:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »

That's right.  Get 'em all mixed up.  That way it won't make any difference when the red SERG pulls in to the FXR Gathering :huepfenlol2: .   :oops:

HeHe!!! I was expecting ya anyway! Where's the Triple Red GTG gonna be at? Better have my Silver, Black or Blue bike ready for that one!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »

HeHe!!! I was expecting ya anyway! Where's the Triple Red GTG gonna be at? Better have my Silver, Black or Blue bike ready for that one!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

I may bring the old red pickup truck....  ???

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »

Don

There's no room for a SBBJR.
Especially one from New York!

:huepfenlol2:      :huepfenlol2:      :huepfenlol2:      :huepfenlol2:      :huepfenlol2:      :huepfenlol2:

"SBB" often copied, but never duplicated!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »

Well I spoke to a rep at " Deeley's " (excusive distributer for MOCO in Canada ) and they provided me with the import numbers for the 2000 Triple Red delivered to Canada.  " Harley Davidson shipped 36, 2000 Three tone Red Road Glide Screamin Eagles to Canada"

So it is now official that I own  "1 of 36 " Triple Reds in Canada.  If anyone reading this thread knows an owner of a 2000 Triple Red SERG please direct them to this thread for me.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 09:13:42 PM »

Well I spoke to a rep at " Deeley's " (excusive distributer for MOCO in Canada ) and they provided me with the import numbers for the 2000 Triple Red delivered to Canada.  " Harley Davidson shipped 36, 2000 Three tone Red Road Glide Screamin Eagles to Canada"

So it is now official that I own  "1 of 36 " Triple Reds in Canada.  If anyone reading this thread knows an owner of a 2000 Triple Red SERG please direct them to this thread for me.

Probably less than 1 of 36 Marty.  Over the decade since they were released I've known of two that were wrecked.  Pretty sure I remember one of those being a Canadian bike.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »

I think I will ask a friend who works for the DMV if there is any whay to see how many Triple Reds are still registered on the road :confused5:  It don't hurt to ask eh?? :nixweiss:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »

There is no way of finding out how many are still licenced for the road so I am back to asking you my friends  :2vrolijk_21:  If you know someone with a Triple Red please direct them to this thread  :pepper:

Thanks

Marty  :pepper:

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »

Really liked the red and would have gotten one but the Black/Charcoal/Silver really was screaming my name.  Bought my 1st Harley in '03 (Anniversary Silver and Black FXDWG).  Then saw the FLTRSEI2 in blue of a friend of mine that I met riding.  Started dreaming about owning it in '05 and saw about 50 over the years on Ebay and Craigslist.  A buddy told me about the bike in our local dealer a couple of months ago and finally pulled the trigger as I saw it in person.  7743 miles, clean as a whistle, never seen the rain, dealer owners bike for a few years and then the service mgr bought it, this bike was worth the wait and all others that I passed on.

Would really like to see the pictures of the black trim ring on the headlights,  I like the clear bubble but am torn between the clean look of the later models without the bubble.

If you see any of my color send them to the site if they aren't on...............
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »

Really liked the red and would have gotten one but the Black/Charcoal/Silver really was screaming my name.  Bought my 1st Harley in '03 (Anniversary Silver and Black FXDWG).  Then saw the FLTRSEI2 in blue of a friend of mine that I met riding.  Started dreaming about owning it in '05 and saw about 50 over the years on Ebay and Craigslist.  A buddy told me about the bike in our local dealer a couple of months ago and finally pulled the trigger as I saw it in person.  7743 miles, clean as a whistle, never seen the rain, dealer owners bike for a few years and then the service mgr bought it, this bike was worth the wait and all others that I passed on.

Would really like to see the pictures of the black trim ring on the headlights,  I like the clear bubble but am torn between the clean look of the later models without the bubble.

No pix of the blue so far just my red  :-)    please see http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42278.0  if you have a pet name for the 01   

Thanks

If you see any of my color send them to the site if they aren't on...............
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:28:43 PM by martys »

Ogri

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 11:03:13 PM »

Well, here is one that has seen it all, (rain, snow, sleet,  sun, gravel, super slab, etc.  :bananarock:)

I bought this one new in March of 2000 and took delivery in September  :confused5:.

It has ~70,000 miles on the clock without any issues (except a broken header pipe) not even the cam chain tensioners that fall apart at 10,000 miles  :2vrolijk_21:.

Ogri

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »

Welcome to the site Ogri  :)  Thanks for joining in on my quest ( or some may call it an obsession )  :huepfenjump3:  So far I have found 9 of the original 685 Triple Reds produced in 2000.   :pepper:

if you get a chance go to [New Member Introduction/url]  and introduce yourself to the group  :pepper:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 08:41:30 AM »

Well, here is one that has seen it all, (rain, snow, sleet,  sun, gravel, super slab, etc.  :bananarock:)

I bought this one new in March of 2000 and took delivery in September  :confused5:.

It has ~70,000 miles on the clock without any issues (except a broken header pipe) not even the cam chain tensioners that fall apart at 10,000 miles  :2vrolijk_21:.

Ogri

Welcome Ogri! Nice bike! You musta been a fan of the old Iron Horse mag with that screen name! Used to love that cartoon! Flip your Patch man!!! ;D :2vrolijk_21: ;)

SteveD

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »

I found my Triple Red in April 09. 30K miles and very clean. Having lots of fun working on the next 30K.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 10:42:52 AM »

Welcome to the site Steve  :)  Thanks for helping in my quest to find The Triple Reds.  Please post some pix when you get a chance.  Also you should go to this thread and introduce yourself to the group.   :pepper:  [New Member Introduction/url]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:30:57 AM by martys »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »

Welcome to the site Steve  :)  Thanks for helping in my quest to find The Triple Reds.  Please post some pix when you get a chance.  Also you should go to this thread and introduce yourself to the group.   :pepper:  [New Member Introduction/url]

Marty, what kind of a registy or data matrix are you assembling to keep track of the triple reds?

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

So far its a pretty low tech approch  :-\  I am just keeping a list of the members I have found on the site I am planning to send PM's to all so that I can get to know them by their real names and where they live etc.  Is there somewhere on the site to store this data ?   :pepper:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »

So far its a pretty low tech approch  :-\  I am just keeping a list of the members I have found on the site I am planning to send PM's to all so that I can get to know them by their real names and where they live etc.  Is there somewhere on the site to store this data ?   :pepper:

Nope.  Any such registry is your baby.  How many red SERGs are you planning to collect before throwing the first Triple Red party?

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »

I am also going to mention the MV 10 GTG in the PM's to see how many we can get there for starters  :nixweiss:  what do you think of that?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »

I am also going to mention the MV 10 GTG in the PM's to see how many we can get there for starters  :nixweiss:  what do you think of that?

If there's going to be a push for classic SERGs at MV we ought to shoot for all the colors.  I won't know which bike I'm bring though until a day or two before departure.  To keep from pissing either of them off I'm very careful about taking turns with each of them.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »

Thats a good idea  8)  maybe I could include a plug for MV 10 in My other thread or do you think it would be better to start a new one?  :nixweiss:  [New Nicknames for 2000 and 2001 SERG/url]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »

MV10, a.k.a. the "Ten Year SERG Anniversary Party."  I like it. :drink: :beerchug: :huepfenjump3:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »

MV10, a.k.a. the "Ten Year SERG Anniversary Party."  I like it. :drink: :beerchug: :huepfenjump3:

That's the thought that crossed my mind also Brian.  10th birthday for the SERGs as a model designation.  Also a 10th birthday for the SE designation being attached to the CVO bikes.  Though that's so generic and ubiquitous anymore it's a distinction with no real difference.  Getting as many SERGs together as we can as part of the bigger group sounds like fun though.

Ok Marty, you've got a mission.  March through the dells, traverse the great valleys, storm the high plateaus, ford the rivers and rampage forth across the highways and byways of North America; find those SERGs!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2009, 03:32:02 PM »

If there's going to be a push for classic SERGs at MV we ought to shoot for all the colors.  I won't know which bike I'm bring though until a day or two before departure.  To keep from pissing either of them off I'm very careful about taking turns with each of them.

I thought Gary had it all figured out for ya how to bring both?! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

I thought Gary had it all figured out for ya how to bring both?! :2vrolijk_21:

That was before he got all freaked out over the hole saw, the BFH and the mig welder.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2009, 04:09:22 PM »

That was before he got all freaked out over the hole saw, the BFH and the mig welder.
None of those have anything to do w/you bringing both bikes though. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2009, 04:13:47 PM »

None of those have anything to do w/you bringing both bikes though. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Yeah it does.  Be a b!tch getting on an airplane with that stuff! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2009, 04:15:22 PM »

Yeah it does.  Be a b!tch getting on an airplane with that stuff! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Even more reason for him to get both bikes there. :sneaky: :evilgrin:

That'll teach him to threaten my pumpkin!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »

So we can also plan a 10th anny for switchblades in 2011, SERK in 2012 and a SED in 2013...SEEG in 2014......................
!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »

That's the thought that crossed my mind also Brian.  10th birthday for the SERGs as a model designation.  Also a 10th birthday for the SE designation being attached to the CVO bikes.  Though that's so generic and ubiquitous anymore it's a distinction with no real difference.  Getting as many SERGs together as we can as part of the bigger group sounds like fun though.

Ok Marty, you've got a mission.  March through the dells, traverse the great valleys, storm the high plateaus, ford the rivers and rampage forth across the highways and byways of North America; find those SERGs!!
  Just a thought  :nixweiss:  but do we know any of the site members that are " in tight " with anyone at the MOCO because it might be an idea to seek out some kind of sponsorship or involvement to make this thing a full out tenth anniversary thing  :nixweiss:   :pepper:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »

Just a thought  :nixweiss:  but do we know any of the site members that are " in tight " with anyone at the MOCO because it might be an idea to seek out some kind of sponsorship or involvement to make this thing a full out tenth anniversary thing  :nixweiss:   :pepper:

Marty, that angle is already being worked by the MV10 organizers.  Been tried before and nothing happened, but we're gluttons for punishment, so we're gonna take a run at it again.  Cross your fingers.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »

Maybe if they play the " hey we already have some interest in this :2vrolijk_21: " card the MV10 group can get some leverage. :nixweiss:  I would be interested in helping with that angle.   :pepper:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

Maybe if they play the " hey we already have some interest in this :2vrolijk_21: " card the MV10 group can get some leverage. :nixweiss:  I would be interested in helping with that angle.   :pepper:

Don't count on HD interest Marty.  It has been tried before.  Apparently we bore (or worry) them.  Contacts are being tried again for the 2010 event.  So we'd not want to duplicate that effort.  But no one has absolutely any expectation the effort will be at all fruitful.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »

Just work on the SERG turnout, Marty. Numbers can only help the effort.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »

Marty, that angle is already being worked by the MV10 organizers.  Been tried before and nothing happened, but we're gluttons for punishment, so we're gonna take a run at it again.  Cross your fingers.

:wall: ;) :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »

Just work on the SERG turnout, Marty. Numbers can only help the effort.
Allright then :2vrolijk_21: I will install an FBI turbo on my mouse :bananarock: and get to it  :pepper:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

Don't count on HD interest Marty.  It has been tried before.  Apparently we bore (or worry) them.  Contacts are being tried again for the 2010 event.  So we'd not want to duplicate that effort. But no one has absolutely any expectation the effort will be at all fruitful.

Don

Here's my perspective based on my past experience on why your post above is correct.
Each dealership is independently owned and operated.
And that dealer only operates in their assigned territory.
You can have the greatest relationship with your own personal dealer but to ask him for help for a CVO event (or any event) in another area sounds good but his hands are tied.
NOT HIS TERRITORY!
I assume Ghost Town HD has the Maggie Valley area. Someone would need to talk to Gene Lumas (the owner, AJ maybe) to see if he would talk with the Motor Company.
Then there's the question of schedule, when I asked, I was shown that the schedule of events had already been booked more than a year in advance.
Another consideration is the economy, Harley is cutting back everywhere, York, less production,  Buell, etc.
Why send a big truck a thousand miles to MV and back home for 200 people? The Motor Company is not that hungry.

So not to be a dispenser of gloom and doom there is an avenue that could be explored.
If someone (AJ) could meet and talk with Gene Lumas then maybe he would be willing to do a Screamin Eagle Event that would cater to us.
And I don't mean free hotdogs, I mean something like having all the 2011's available for test rides.
But the reality of that happening is slim.
Why?, , , , , Ghost Town sells for above MSRP, why do an event to promote 2011 bikes to have your customers go home to their home dealer to buy.
Good luck is all I say.
Stranger things have happened!

SBB
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:26:29 PM by SBB »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »

Don

Here's my perspective based on my past experience on why your post above is correct.
You can have the greatest relationship with your own personal dealer but to ask him for help for a CVO event (or any event) in another area sounds good but his hands are tied.
NOT HIS TERRITORY!
I assume Ghost Town HD has the Maggie Valley area. Someone would need to talk to Gene Lumas (the owner, AJ maybe) to see if he would talk with the Motor Company.
Then there's the question of schedule, when I asked, I was shown that the schedule of events had already been booked more than a year in advance.
Another consideration is the economy, Harley is cutting back everywhere, York, less production,  Buell, etc.
Why send a big truck a thousand miles to MV and back home for 200 people? The Motor Company is not that hungry.

So not to be a dispenser of gloom and doom there is an avenue that could be explored.
If someone (AJ) could meet and talk with Gene Lumas then maybe he would be willing to do a Screamin Eagle Event that would cater to us.
And I don't mean free hotdogs, I mean something like having all the 2011's available for test rides.
Why?, , , , , Ghost Town sells for above MSRP, why do an event to promote 2011 bikes to have your customers go home to their home dealer to buy.
Good luck is all I say.

SBB
SBB I agree that the dealerships have no incentive to put out any extra effort because the sales will  be going elsewhere.  I was thinking that a BBQ sponsered by the MOCO at Ghost Town on the high end :2vrolijk_21: to Screamin Eagle hats and mug in our rooms from the MOCO for a minimum recognition of our loyal patronage over the past 10 yrs. on the low end.  :nixweiss: Isn't it worth a phone call or a letter to the MOCO?

Marty   :pepper:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »

SBB I agree that the dealerships have no incentive to put out any extra effort because the sales will  be going elsewhere.  I was thinking that a BBQ sponsered by the MOCO at Ghost Town on the high end :2vrolijk_21: to Screamin Eagle hats and mug in our rooms from the MOCO for a minimum recognition of our loyal patronage over the past 10 yrs. on the low end.  :nixweiss: Isn't it worth a phone call or a letter to the MOCO?

All of those have been tried before.... don't be surprised (disappointed) if they don't show up. Not that I wouldn't like them to... but they haven't showed up when times were good, I'd be really surprised if they showed up when times were tight. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 08:42:27 PM »

Marty

Your enthusiasm is exciting, glad to see it.

Isn't it worth a phone call or a letter to the MOCO?

If you could just imagine the letters or the phone calls that have been to the Motor Company for,
Peeling chrome on wheels,
Cloudy paint on brand new bikes,
Seats that are short.
Seats that tear,
Heads that leak,
Cylinders that leak,
Lifters that tick excessively,
A GPS that's useless,
On and on.

Isn't the above worth a phone call or letter from the Motor Company.
I like your enthusiasm, keep it up!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »

I know of another triple red serg. It belongs to h-d mikey from this site.
He has it along with an 05 banana, an 09 orange serg, and a 10 sesg.

Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »

Don

NOT HIS TERRITORY!

Good luck is all I say.

SBB

Completely agree with every bit of that analysis Chip.  And it has all worked against us when we've tried making these contacts before.  For all those reasons and apparently others too what we do and what they do don't jive. 

Quite frankly I'd not even care about a big presence.  In fact my personal preference would be against some big splashy corporate presence.  I'd get a bigger kick out of someone who has been on the CVO line for years (or since it began) to just kick back with us on the parking lot and share his stories.  Or someone from P&A to do the same and share the institutional history of efforts necessary to let P&A make its own bikes way back when.

That institutional history and those stories of the line are also part of the corporate image and history.  So any version of them HD wants told already have been and the peculiar, interesting or amusing histories we might all enjoy over beers isn't the history mother Harley wants told in the clear.  So we're still at the cross purposes that have kept the company and its riders apart for so long. 

From their perspective it's even understandable.  Though it would be equally understandable, and one could make a cogent argument that it could be preferable in the long term,  if the Great and Powerful Oz remembered there was a time he wasn't behind the curtain and felt like being again among those who built his kingdom but are still down in Kansas.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »

I know of another triple red serg. It belongs to h-d mikey from this site.
He has it along with an 05 banana, an 09 orange serg, and a 10 sesg.

Mark

Suvomabiich, I forgot all about Mikey's red SERG.  And it's even here in the neighborhood.

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »

So Marty, with just a little extra effort are you going to also keep track of the other 3 SERG's (probably only a total of about 3000).  I'm not suggesting that you break your neck researching the others but your bound to come across them in your "Red" conquest.........and adding them would just be a little effort.  Hey you could even get a lead for the other colors.

I can help out with a few that I come across, I have run into a guy from Tallahassee that wrecked an '01 Black and then bought the '01 Blue and had it converted to a trike. It just sold, his injuries from the wreck just couldn't take the vibrations from a Harley any longer so he had to switch to a Goldwing.  My buddy rides a Blue and Dash Riprock has a Black.  That's 4 there.......

Additionally, might want to follow up with the National HOG chapter as I have added both my rides to the online profile.  Maybe they can at least give you some numbers of how many are listed.
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

Three red ones on eBay, currently ...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »

Three red ones on eBay, currently ...

A grey 2001 up in Kansas City currently listed also.  70k+ miles but the bike is less than $10k BIN.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2009, 08:59:24 PM »

I saw another Triple Red pull out of Hell's Kithchen in Lake Elsinore today, but couldn't get his attension in time. I'll try harder for you next time.  Doc

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member

2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 12:54:43 AM »

Used Triple Red SERG fairing on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Fairing-Road-Glide_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20add211edQQitemZ140355178989QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

Text of his ad says shipping of $45.  The shipping and handling section says over $100 though.  Wonder which he'll try to collect?

I asked him which was right.  The scratches look pretty bad.  Might be something the clearcoat could be redone to correct though.  Think I'm going to watch this one and see if it's a score worth making at the end.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2009, 01:02:46 AM »

Text of his ad says shipping of $45.  The shipping and handling section says over $100 though.  Wonder which he'll try to collect?

I asked him which was right.  The scratches look pretty bad.  Might be something the clearcoat could be redone to correct though.  Think I'm going to watch this one and see if it's a score worth making at the end.
I put a low ball bid in and it was regected because the seller will only ship to the lower 48  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2009, 01:09:09 AM »

I put a low ball bid in and it was regected because the seller will only ship to the lower 48  :nixweiss:

Ok, good to know.  I won't intentionally bid something up against someone else here who had first dibs.  But since he hates Canadians I'll pursue it  ::) .

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »

Ok, good to know.  I won't intentionally bid something up against someone else here who had first dibs.  But since he hates Canadians I'll pursue it  ::) .

Terry won't let me put anymore stuff hanging from the ceiling in the bar...so its up to you on this one Twolane to "keep it in the family". Good luck.  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2009, 10:41:42 AM »

Terry won't let me put anymore stuff hanging from the ceiling in the bar...so its up to you on this one Twolane to "keep it in the family". Good luck.  Doc

Not sure why this has been the case Doc.  But it seems there's almost never any spare painted parts for the red bikes offered anywhere.  I've got some auto searches on eBay that poll for the stuff in several different ways.  See blue parts and O/B parts with some regularity with blue being the most common for parts offerings.  Almost never see any grey parts and see red parts even less than that though.

Have scored a couple of saddlebag lids.  But that was only because they're solid luxury rich red and that was used on other bikes.  Things specific to the triple reds just never seem to show up though.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »

Not sure why this has been the case Doc.  But it seems there's almost never any spare painted parts for the red bikes offered anywhere.  I've got some auto searches on eBay that poll for the stuff in several different ways.  See blue parts and O/B parts with some regularity with blue being the most common for parts offerings.  Almost never see any grey parts and see red parts even less than that though.

Have scored a couple of saddlebag lids.  But that was only because they're solid luxury rich red and that was used on other bikes.  Things specific to the triple reds just never seem to show up though.

It's not considered a rider by many folks, just a low mile collectable...at least the red ones. I have admit mine is in the garage covered more than any Harley I've ever had. Even at the auto auctions you don't see many high dollar blue collectables (please no offense intended) and that is brought up frequently by the host at Barrett Jackson. We love you guys with the other colors...so ride em hard, we might need the parts. :D  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »

It's not considered a rider by many folks, just a low mile collectable...at least the red ones.

Mine's got as many miles in the last 18 months as it did the first 8+ years someone else owned it.  So I guess the first owner would fall in to the "low mile" rider cohort as well.  I don't mind looking at them.  Just like riding them better.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Mine's got as many miles in the last 18 months as it did the first 8+ years someone else owned it.  So I guess the first owner would fall in to the "low mile" rider cohort as well.  I don't mind looking at them.  Just like riding them better.
I feel the same Twolane  :)  if mine could talk it would be sayin'  "what ? we're goin out again"  compared to the previous owner  :pepper:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

I feel the same Twolane  :)  if mine could talk it would be sayin'  "what ? we're goin out again"  compared to the previous owner  :pepper:

The first owner had 6500 miles on the bike when it was 8 yrs old. Now it's got 28000, with 5000 this summer, but thats still not much. My red toys are all like that. I'll take my high miliage brown truck out before the red Nitro R/T and the white boat before the red SeaDoo and walk before before I use my red golf cart. This is nuts. :zstupid:  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »

The first owner had 6500 miles on the bike when it was 8 yrs old. Now it's got 28000, with 5000 this summer, but thats still not much. My red toys are all like that. I'll take my high miliage brown truck out before the red Nitro R/T and the white boat before the red SeaDoo and walk before before I use my red golf cart. This is nuts. :zstupid:  Doc

Ours have similar miles Doc.  Though mine was in the low teens when I brought it home.  You're right, not a lot of miles for a ten year old bike.  Fortunately enough before we got them to have avoided degradation from non-use though.  So now we can ride the crap out of them as we see fit.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 01:01:41 PM »

Yours doesn't talk to you :nixweiss: ?

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »

Well we just hit 55 F :2vrolijk_21: ( thats 15 C for my Canadian friends )  so I am going to take this rare Oct. oppertunity  :-* and  get out to put some more Kilometers on the Red  :pepper: 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »

I can't get my 01 SERG to shut up, always the same thing.
"Ride me today please."

:nixweiss:    :huepfenlol2:    :nixweiss:    :huepfenlol2:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »

Well we just hit 55 F :2vrolijk_21: ( thats 15 C for my Canadian friends )  so I am going to take this rare Oct. oppertunity  :-* and  get out to put some more Kilometers on the Red  :pepper: 

I really shouldn't be saying this, but its going to be in the 90's again today like yesterday. We were out riding all weekend planning the runs for the PSW GTG, and I hope everyone has penciled in the dates for this event on their June 2010 canlender. This might be a great chance to show off those Triple Reds, and ride, and  :divers009: :beerchug: :2vrolijk_08:  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »

I can't get my 01 SERG to shut up, always the same thing.
"Ride me today please."

:nixweiss:    :huepfenlol2:    :nixweiss:    :huepfenlol2:

SBB

Never owned one so can't say for sure of course.  But I've always heard that the Blues were the chattiest of the bunch.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »

Never owned one so can't say for sure of course.  But I've always heard that the Blues were the chattiest of the bunch.

I've heard that too, so bring her along to the GTG the reds will enjoy the conversation and company :6: :smitten:.     Doc

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »

I've heard that too, so bring her along to the GTG the reds will enjoy the conversation and company :6: :smitten:.     Doc
I don't want my Red talkin to either of your bike$  :( cau$e I know it'$ going to end up co$ting me lot$ of monie$ :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »

I don't want my Red talkin to either of your bike$  :( cau$e I know it'$ going to end up co$ting me lot$ of monie$ :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

I'd type chicken noises here but I don't know how to spell brrrrkkkk brrrkkkkk brkkkkkk brrrrkkkkkk brrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk brkkkk brrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »

I'd type chicken noises here but I don't know how to spell brrrrkkkk brrrkkkkk brkkkkkk brrrrkkkkkk brrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk brkkkk brrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk.

And I thought those were carrier pigeons you sent to Marty's house.

:nixweiss:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »

SBB

I'm ok with any bird but Toby.  That little bastard scares the chit out of me.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »

SBB
I think they must have been Dutch pigeons cause I think I'm hearin "  cheep  cheep  cheep " :wings:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »

The search is going well  :2vrolijk_21:  at my last count I have now found 23 members on the site that own the Triple Red SERG  :pepper:  If anyone knows of an owner of a Triple Red that might not yet be a member of the site please encourage them to check us out and join in on the wealth of information here,as well as the opportunity to make new friends. :orange:

Road King Ron

• CVO1: 2000 FLTR Triple Red
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »

I just bought one last week, 24k couple of dings in the gas tank, someone might have the paint codes out there

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »

I just bought one last week, 24k couple of dings in the gas tank, someone might have the paint codes out there
Welcome to the site and congradulations on the purchase Ron :2vrolijk_21: I will place your name on our 2000 SERG Registery :pepper:  We would love to see some pictures when you get a chance, and also you should go to the New Member Thread and introduce yourself to the group and tell us a bit about yourself.

Here is the link

[New Member Introduction/url]

Marty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »

Set up an automatic search on eBay.  A new tank has been repeatedly relisted there for the last five or six months.  Usually with a few weeks dead period between listings.  Guy has been asking $600 for it and never got a sniff.  Last time I saw it listed it still went without a bid.

Seller was too cute by half though.  When you do your search use something like:

(eagle road glide, fltrsei) (tank, cell) (gas, fuel, petrol)

For some reason about every other time the guy listed it he described it as a petrol cell.  From a US seller to an American audience :nixweiss: .  It's not listed now (just checked).  If you're lucky maybe it'll pop back up again.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »

Set up an automatic search on eBay.  A new tank has been repeatedly relisted there for the last five or six months.  Usually with a few weeks dead period between listings.  Guy has been asking $600 for it and never got a sniff.  Last time I saw it listed it still went without a bid.

Seller was too cute by half though.  When you do your search use something like:

(eagle road glide, fltrsei) (tank, cell) (gas, fuel, petrol)

For some reason about every other time the guy listed it he described it as a petrol cell.  From a US seller to an American audience :nixweiss: .  It's not listed now (just checked).  If you're lucky maybe it'll pop back up again.

Could be a relocated Brit??  I employ a couple of relocated Brits - who are now actual US citizens.  You would enjoy some of the terms they use.  Got a "spanner"?   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »

Could be a relocated Brit??  I employ a couple of relocated Brits - who are now actual US citizens.  You would enjoy some of the terms they use.  Got a "spanner"?   :nixweiss:

I'd readily accept the possibility he'd replace dynamos rather than alternators if I'd not swapped emails with the guy trying to talk him down on the price.  Straight up redneck American trying to sound like something else. 

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »

Mine says lets go bust Hubbard
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »

Excellent!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Happy New Year Randy!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2009, 08:24:49 PM »

Come on Randy.
Don't you get tired of bustin Hubbard?
Wait, that was a dumb question, I already know that answer.
Hell No!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »

I'd readily accept the possibility he'd replace dynamos rather than alternators if I'd not swapped emails with the guy trying to talk him down on the price.  Straight up redneck American trying to sound like something else. 

That's funny....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »

There are two TR's on ebay now. I'm happy to see them hold their value so well after almost ten years.  Doc

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2009, 10:06:20 PM »

There is a New tank on E-bay if you are interested  :nixweiss: The link is

[HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETROL TANK NEW/url]

Marty

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:53 PM »

There is a New tank on E-bay if you are interested  :nixweiss: The link is

[HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETROL TANK NEW/url]

Marty
Marty,
Noticed in several of your posts that your hidden links aren't working like they should the proper code is below..

Code: [Select]
[url=URL goes here]Link[/url]
In your post the code would look like this..

[url=http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350199685297&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETROL TANK NEW[/url]
and it would post like this...

HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETROL TANK NEW

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »

Marty,
Noticed in several of your posts that your hidden links aren't working like they should the proper code is below..

[url=URL goes here]Link[/url]
In your post the code would look like this..

[url=http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350199685297&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETROL TANK NEW[/url]
and it would post like this...

HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETROL TANK NEW

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Thanks dood  :2vrolijk_21: I am going to try this again let me know if I did it right

HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETRO TANK NEW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »

Thanks dood  :2vrolijk_21: I am going to try this again let me know if I did it right

HD HARLEY 2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE FUEL GAS PETRO TANK NEW
You got it. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SixdayJ

« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »

I've got one too. - JJ :2vrolijk_21:
2000 Triple Red Screamin Eagle- Sold
2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Red

JMACK

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSECUI 3-Tone Red
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTHSECUI Lt. Candy Cherry-Blk Ice w/Gold
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »

I have the three tone red Road Glide SE 2000 for sale.  Fone 505-722-0514
2000 FLTR SECUI 3-tone Red
2003 95cu Wht Pearl Ultra
2005 2300cc Triumph Rocket III
2007 FLHTCUSEI Light Candy Cherry & Black Ice
JMack New Mexico
"Riding For Those Who Can't"

fredflintstone

« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2010, 02:14:51 AM »

new to me trip red with 17000 miles on it, came from Rochester NY now resides in MICH
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:19:24 AM by fredflintstone »

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »

new to me trip red with 17000 miles on it, came from Rochester NY now resides in MICH

Congratulations on a Great purchase Flintstone  :2vrolijk_21: I am confident that you will love this new ride  :pepper:  When you get a chance you should go to the New Member Introduction board and tell everyone a bit about yourself  :).  Also I will add you to the 2000 SERG owners / Site Registry  :coolblue:  Enjoy the site but hold on to your wallet  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »

Congratulations Fred.  They are great bikes.  One of the three best paint schemes Harley ever put out ::) .  Miles of smiles man; enjoy the ride.

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »

Nice looking ride... once you have saved up some money, they guys here will tell you to get it painted Orange, Black and White, because they are the fastest bikes LOL

Welcome on board, hide the wallet
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

fredflintstone

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »

Nice looking ride... once you have saved up some money, they guys here will tell you to get it painted Orange, Black and White, because they are the fastest bikes LOL

yup ive already had a hard time keeping the walet in my pocket, looks like a power comander and pipes are in the works, and i think ill keep the red. one of the best color combos  imo

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

"Triple Red Envy" a clear cut case Flintstone  :) every body wants one  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :drink:

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

Please add this newbie to the '00 SERG triple red list, ser# 2230

dillinger

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2012, 01:39:01 AM »

new member ,im a proud owner of a tripple red fltrse1 in australia ,have owned it some years ,it has done 5ok milse as to date regards to you all

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »

Very nice looking Triple Red dillinger  :2vrolijk_21: I am going to add your name to the 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry click on the link to check it out.  I also suggest you go to TheNew Member Introduction link and introduce yourself to all the members and start making new friendships with a common interest.

Marty

harley5227

« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »

I have a triple red Screaming Eagle Road Glide.  Purchased new from Ft. Lauderdale Harley Davidson.  Used it in Florida
until 2008 , and then moved it out to vacation home in Basalt Colorado outside of Aspen where it resides today.   17K miles,
in  great condition.  Added 16 inch apes and rear floorboards for comfort, Rinehart true duals, and a recurve windshield.  Otherwise
pretty much original.  Other than factory stereo problems which I have discussed on this and other forums, the bike is terrific.  No reason to replace it.  Other than the 2012 white black CVO, I think this one of their nicest color schemes.

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

Just over 40K on mine. Gear driven cams Stock exhaust. Runs strong.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »

I have a triple red Screaming Eagle Road Glide.  Purchased new from Ft. Lauderdale Harley Davidson.  Used it in Florida
until 2008 , and then moved it out to vacation home in Basalt Colorado outside of Aspen where it resides today.   17K miles,
in  great condition.  Added 16 inch apes and rear floorboards for comfort, Rinehart true duals, and a recurve windshield.  Otherwise
pretty much original.  Other than factory stereo problems which I have discussed on this and other forums, the bike is terrific.  No reason to replace it.  Other than the 2012 white black CVO, I think this one of their nicest color schemes.
Welcome to the forum harley5227  :2vrolijk_21: I am going to add your name to the 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry click on the link to check it out.  I also suggest you go to The New Member Introduction link and introduce yourself to all the members, they are a great bunch here  :drink:

johnnyflame

• HOG HOUSE
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2013, 11:11:48 AM »

I have an orange and black 2000 SE Road Glide. Just bought it in February from Gail's HD in Kansas City.
I love it. It's our second bike, have 100,000 miles on our 2000 FLSTC.  Wouldn't believe you if you told me the RG drives much better, until we took a trip to New Mexico on it.  Has 82,000 miles on it, drives like a dream!  I would like to find the history on it.   :bananarock:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »

I have an orange and black 2000 SE Road Glide. Just bought it in February from Gail's HD in Kansas City.
I love it. It's our second bike, have 100,000 miles on our 2000 FLSTC.  Wouldn't believe you if you told me the RG drives much better, until we took a trip to New Mexico on it.  Has 82,000 miles on it, drives like a dream!  I would like to find the history on it.   :bananarock:
They truly are a great touring machine  :2vrolijk_21: I have added your name to The2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry  :)  Although You have been a member for almost a year I don't recall getting the opportunity to welcome you to the site.  If you would like, you could introduce yourself to all the great members here by telling us a bit about your SERG and yourself at The New Member Introduction  thread. Welcome

Marty

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »

Well done, you bought the fastest version.  Looks fast even standing still
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

knuck45

• Junior CVO Member
  • Triple Red SERG
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »

I know of 3 in Arkansas.
 :)
SERG Sgt.

knuck45

• Junior CVO Member
  • Triple Red SERG
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »

I have owned this triple red for 6 years and have had great service out of it.  I love my redhead.
SERG Sgt.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »

Let's see how many triple reds we can get to the Santa Fe GTG http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=80166.0 . I already hinted a challenge to the whole group on the registry. I'll buy the  :drink: for the most in color group.  Doc

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »

Let's see how many triple reds we can get to the Santa Fe GTG http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=80166.0 . I already hinted a challenge to the whole group on the registry. I'll buy the  :drink: for the most in color group.  Doc
You make a very inviting challenge Lou  :coolblue: I wish I could make it to this one but work is still getting in the way  :(  Maybe by the next West Coast GTG (2014) I will be retired and can make the trip out to the Left Coast  :2vrolijk_21: In the mean time I will have to just follow the stories and pictures and toast  :drink: your fun.  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.537 seconds with 21 queries.