Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 257077 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »

hanks guys,

Shortly, I'm out the door to head up th snowy road to the Vermont VA Hospital fo chemo treatment #2 of #3 of this cycle. Yesterday was the long day, 5 1/2 hours today is about 4 1/2 hours. You know how we've hit on how ," others alsways seem to get more of a hard ship then ourselfves. Very intertesting to me, there isn't much complaining. Jokeing seems to be the ticket that breaks thr ice. The nurses play along. The many doc's but play so good, but after the Doc's leave the tention loosens nincely and the room is more like central comedy, That's th best time of the day.

yesterday I was given several  new pills to help wit chemo sickness.  think every ond did it's done their job. I did get a little sick but not bad, Today will tell if the new pillls will make my do. Yestersday, I came right home and went to be. Slept like a log. Funny thing, lots of little but vert weird dreams.

One of our HDForums supporters here sent me package with several doo-rags. (Very genous) He has chossen that I offer a doo-rag to each of the Veterans that are loosing hair from fighty cancer.
From: c/o  DavidSitver Tech-N-CycleGear  LLC,24 Yorkshire Drive, suffern, NY 10910-7217.  I'll hand some out today. I know it will bring soom smiles to a room that have such solemn affect on the folks that come and go. Thanks David for you warm and careing heart.

More next time if these newest pills work, or I'll be napping again. Some of the weird dreams are pretty cool in a very strange way of course.  lol

My hope to all of you is that you and yours have a great week.
Thank again
chappy  friend  Sam Legasse

Ps 118:8

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2010, 09:36:28 AM »

I wish you "sweet" dreams when you take your nap today. Ones that are pleasant and the kind one wants to remember ... not those wild weird scenes of non-scense that stream through ones mind only to shake you awake wondering; "what the heck was that all about?" Sometimes I think all the pharmaceuticals do that! Anyway, prayers continue as promised. Chappy, are such an inspiration to all of us. God bless

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »

Thinking about you and yours this morning Chappy, I hope all went well with your treatment and you are resting calmly.  We send our thoughts and prayers to keep you in the comfort of His hand.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »

I hope all went well today and the pills worked.  Stay strong.

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »

I hope you have a good night and get your rest. I hope the pills works as well.

Your Friend,
Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »

Hi Folks,

Monday and Tuesday of chemo went OK. I'll be headed out to the VA Hospital in a few minutea for todays hook-up. Then when I get home, it's off to bed. I'm hoping that I don't get as sick this time. It is in my favor since the Doc's gave me yet more pills and even a shot that I brought home and will inject Thursday.

Finally it's snowing here like Feb has always been. I guess I'll plow when I get home before bed and a deep sleep.

Believe it or not, it's still nt squared away with the Hitchcock Hospital, they sent me another bill for a servive Not rendered. Vermont VA Hospital said they'd take care. I'm hoping they do, because I really don't want any more to do with Hitchcock Hospital. Also, no word back from Concord Hospital as far as a copy of that Dr.s notes and report. I'm telling ya, if these folkks were self employeed as I was they'd be out of work.

More latter

Hope all is well with all you guys

chappy Sam friend

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »

Hospital billing clerks are only one step above lawyers and reporters on the food chain! That ain't saying much. ;)
God Bless
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »

Hi Sam,
  I  hope your day is good, I know it gets frustrating with the mistakes of many, but don't sweat the small stuff, that will all work out.
 We will pray for you and yours,
                                                  Mike and Sandra 

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2010, 01:13:41 PM »

hello folks,

Made it through the third cycle chemo, finished the third day of the third chemo treatment plus one. Got up pretty early and plowed the snow out of the driveway. Then Sue and I went out and had some breakfast. I had 3 blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. Very tasty, but, what a sugar rush too. Well now I'm crashing from the sugar rush and I think I'll take a nap.

I think the Doc's finally got the med's I needed for the chemo sickness. I don't really feel sick or at least as sick as I have been in the past. Just tired, and that's an easy fix.

Believe it or not I have out lived another Doctor. She told me yesterday that she's done. On top of that it seems I have had another Doctor switch my care to a different Doctor. To bad, I liked the first one better. I go back for blood work on March 3rd. Today I get a shot to boost my white blood cells, it seems they have been sleeping on the job, so it's time to wake them up a bit.

I was able to talk more with some of the other veterans while they get chemo too. I guess the staff does their part to make the room as normal or regular as posible, because we all seem to have the same days for treatment. So far I have been bless with strong man facing sad stories. Many bring their wives as well so Sue is able to share some of her stories with the group as well.

Well, thanks again everybody
I hope all is well with you and yours

your friend
Sam chappy

DJ56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE (pumpkin)
    • CVO2: 05 FLHTCSE2 (two tone candy red)(2 of them)
    • CVO3: Not CVO; 07 Ultra Classic (black pearl)
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

Chappy.........Good to hear from you again.  Hang in there man, spring is around the corner and that can only help to lift up the spirits some.  You
continue to be in our prayers.

God be with you

DJ   :2vrolijk_21:

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

VINNYHD

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »

CHAPPY, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN OUR PRAYERS... ALL THE BEST BROTHER!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »

Keep up the spirits Chappy, sounds like the DR.s are trying to get a handle on things.  You are always in our prayers.

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »

thanks for the updates chappy ... :2vrolijk_21: my prayers are with u always...

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »

Think of you and yours daily. Prayers continue to come your way. God Bless

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »

Hi Chappy  :)  It's nice to hear a bounce in your step as you write us with your latest progress.  It sounds as though the new med mixture is helping you in a very positive way.  Our thoughts and prayers seem to have had some answer directed your way so it seems the best thing to do is keep them comming your way my friend.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.