Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 240895 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »

Good on ya Sam .... I've found a sense of humor can go a long way when at the VA  :huepfenlol2:   :2vrolijk_21:

Howie

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 08:11:01 PM »

Chappy that's funny, the building I work at is on UPS Drive, right next door to UPS Headquarters. I had a lady ask me on the phone one day how to spell UPS, I almost did what you did. Keep laughing it's good for the soul

Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »

Sam Prayers and Thoughts for you and your family God Bless

x2

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 12:02:22 AM »

Hey Sam. As others have said, you have been in my thoughts daily. It truly is amazing how one person on an internet forum can touch the lives of so many. I guess the fact of the matter is that this could effect each and every one of us or at least someone we know. Your courage and strength are an inspiration to us all.  Keep up the fight & God Bless.
AJ

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »

Sam you have the best thing going for you a good sense of humor. My father n law is also fighting the BID C and the best medicine he has had is a positive attitude. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
      Brad and Val
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »

I guess the fact of the matter is that this could effect each and every one of us or at least someone we know.
AJ

Hi AJ,

Yup, seems there is one thing this unfair old world does fair;
is the fact the the sun shines on and the clouds rain on each of us.
In other words you sum it up pretty good, each and every one of us are at risk as far as the curve balls this place can and does toss every moment of every day at the human race.

As old a saying as this is:
"Stop and smell the roses!"
When we don't, we miss some of the best this old world has to offer.

Hope "all of you" enjoy a nice sunny fall day like it is in Sunapee, NH today.

your friend
Sam
Ps 118:8

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »

Sam,  my family keeps you and your family in ours prayers.

bubba
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

Sam, another morning thinking about you & hoping you're feeling better.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 01:56:27 AM »

Chappy just checking in to see how your doing, I think about you everyday and can see that other members are as well. Have a great day and remember we are here for you and lean on us if you need too.

Your friend,
Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »

Hello friends,,

Here's a quick note about tomorrow;
Tomorrow I meet with my cancer team at the WRJ VT VA hospital. It will be a question and answer session and I have 5 pages of questions. I typed them and printed them on sheets with a triple space between the questions so I can write the answers. (OK, so Sue can write the answers, since we what to be able to read it later. LOL) I plan to go back to my WORD DOC and fill in the answers so I then can print copies for myself and Sue, Sarah and Shaun.
I will bring the same question papers to my Nov 3rd appointment at the Boston VA Hospital as well and include those answers on the sheet before I print them off. Trouble with me is, as I get one answer I most likely will think of at least a few more questions to ask. But, this is the test, I will prove whether or not the Doc's and Team really meant I could ask as many questions as I want.  LOL  tomorrow will tell.

I'll let you know of any new info, or I'll wait and give you a shout after the Boston appointment. Oh, The Team has made an appointment with me Nov 4th, the next day after Boston. That will be a time to go over all the results, reports and so on and make a plan of attack. So, I'll know more than. About time for some good news. lol

your friend in Sunapee, NH
Sam   aka   chappy  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:24:11 PM by chappy »

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 01:33:12 PM »

Good luck Sam, we'll be praying for good news!

Craig

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 01:47:18 PM »

You're in my thoughts several times a day Chappy. Keep your spirits up and we'll be there through this thing.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »

Hello Family and friends,

Today started with another donation to the vampire at the friendly VA Laboratory. Seems that my liver and kidneys are of some importance to the Dr.s. I got right into my Oncology Dr.s appointment today. Kind of funny though, turns out that they actually thought I was somebody else!!  lol  I sure enough had an appointment at this time today, however, so did another Veteran with a name spelled so closely to mine that I was mistaken for him. Maybe only because it was me that went into the Nurse station before I went into the Doc office. So, I guess it had all the makings of a real Halloween trick and not a treat. But, soon it was laughed off and then onto the bussiness of health.

Sue and I asked the Doc questions that pertain to his area of expertise. I had 5 topics that contained questions. Three topics were for him and the other two topics are more specific for a Surgent and someone that offers clinical trails for my type of cancer. Those questions and many that overlap will be asked of the Doctor that I meet at the Boston VA next Tuesday.

I learned today that, there is still an outside chance that I can have surgery. If I do have surgery, I will need a 4 to 6 week period of time to heal enough from the surgery before any other treatments will start. However, it is clear and I understand that my largest tumor, the one that has attacked my heart, can not completely be removed. At best, some of it will still remain and the lesser tumors may or may not be able to be removed from my chest cavity either. The idea of surgery sounds good on the surface, but, there are many risks involved and since it's mainly an attempt to buy me some time, it may not be practical for me not just because of the health issue but because the time it buys may be no better than just treatments alone. So, as it stands next Tuesday is the next big hope that I have. Not all of the questions could be answered today about treatment, chemo or radiation. However, I learned that my tumor is to big for the type of radiation treatment that uses "seeds" or "pellets". And I was pleased to hear how far the radiation process has come in rescent years. If I do recieve radiation I will most likely get it 5 days a week and have the weekends off. The machine that delivers radiation can actually measure your chest as it breathes and as your heart pumps and adjust the measurements of the impact of the radiation. This helps to ensure that healthy tissue near the cancer will survive the doses of radiation that is in my case very close to parts that I might want to use later.  lol

We talked about timelines and what could be hoped for, again it seems that I need to wait until all the blood, scans, test and reports are in from the Vermont VA hospital and the Boston VA Hospital with all the different doctors notes and recommendations, and that's not going to be before the Nov 4th visit to the Vermont VA.

Then, I still won't know the plan untill I see the next Doctor, that's who will acually give the treatments that has been decided on. Of course, I will also have to wait and see if the VT VA will allow me to get that done at the local Hospital like I have asked for. And that decission is made in yet another department in the VA system. I think I heard the Doc say something about December of 2012, NO, not really. But it will take 3 or more weeks for the first of treatments if there is no surgery. I guess that's why they gave me 120 pain pills. lol

As I mentioned in an earlier message, I plan to type the answers within the Word Document that has all the questions and also plan tp bring that to my Boston and again to the next VT VA appointment and update that same document and bring it to the (??) I forgot what you call the people that give the radiation or chemo treatments.  lol  There is just way to many new words to learn and I'm not a good speller either. Sound it out, they told me as a kid, ya right, that bit of instruction still haven't caught on for me. You know, the whole "i" before "e" accept after "c" kind of thing. I knew then that didn't work for "either" but all that got me was the corner and a hat that sort of grew on me.  lol

I guess schooling never ends.

I have some more chewing to do on this weeks lessons

Till next time

Sam   aka   chappy 

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

Sam, it's good to see you still have your sense of humor! Thoughts and prayers are with you!
AJ

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »

Sam,
Thanks for the update. We are with you throughout this fight. Praying for your victory!
Mike

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 99

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.