Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 256178 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »

Just heard from Chappy this afternoon. He will be posting here soon.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »

To my Family and Friends,

I hope all is well with you and yours.
If I miss writing again before Christmas, I hope you have the Merriest Christmas ever.

Sorry it’s been so long since the last update.  I have had a bit of a rough during the past few weeks. The chemo has been hard on my immune system and the Doctors had to postpone the start of my 3rd round of chemo this past Monday. The plan is to start next monday if I pass the blood test. Not that numbers make a whole lot of sense to me but I'm told that a 14 is a great test result, and that 5 is the lowest that it can be to receive chemo safely. My test result was a whooping low 1.7, way to low for chemo.

During the last cycles of chemo that ended last March, while sitting in the chemo room with others on chemo (some just getting hooked up and others finishing for the day while others still during the long wait just for the stuff to finish running into their veins), anyway, I saw first hand when others were told that their blood tested to low and couldn’t get their treatment of chemo that day and had to wait a week, just to see if the blood test proved better. I could see the mixed feelings of those that were then sent on their way caused me to think at that time, what a discouraging thing to deal with. I guess now I know that I didn’t really even consider that it could or would happen to me. Yupper, I was right, it’s a discouraging feeling for sure. What adds to the emotional yo-yo ride that cancer treatment brings is the uncertainty that even the appointment is up in the air even after sitting in the chemo room chair and being hooked up to the IV bag. The wait for the blood test results has just been routine for me so far it seems. I won’t take the wait for blood results for granted any longer. 

Since last Monday my left nostril has turned to resemble hamburg with near continuous running and bleeding. My lower lip has blistered and split as well. I’m hoping that I can start chemo on Monday next. (I never thought I'd hope for chemo, but!!) The hardest part of a week delay is that the sickest 3 days from the chemo well now fall around Christmas with the worst will be on Christmas Day. Meanwhile, I had to stay away from stores and limit visits to or from anyone because my immune system is so low. The last cycle round of chemo had me miss Thanksgiving. I can handle it OK, but it has been hard on Sue. This was the first Thanksgiving she has ever missed with family and now Christmas too. On Thanksgiving we had a quite time with a nice meal together. We had spaghetti and meatballs. It was very good although I didn't and haven't been eating much. Things just don't taste very good, in fact, I some times can't even deal with the smell it seems.

Sue has been doing OK with her MS. I don't know how she does it, her Doc's thought she would have had a flare up by now because of the added stress in her life. She is a strong woman, proud she's my wife. She went out yesterday and had her hair done. She got a perm, it's been a long time since her last one. It reminded me of how good she looks with that big smile she can muster even during hard and even bad times. She's a keeper, I sure am glad I didn't toss her back in back when I was fishing. lol

The twins are 6 months old and 19 and 20 pounds now. They roll over and sit up on their own now too. They laugh and giggle and each have 4 teeth. They are both healthy and are within the range of kids that were born on time rather than 7 week early. Sue has been able to see them but because of the bugs that have been floating around I haven't been able to see them since I got home from my road trip. Hard to believe I have been home from that trip for about a month and 3 weeks. It feels like months and months. Time is just dragging along it seems, probably because I live one appointment to the next. Now I look forward to my spring break out ride. It is usually a very cold March ride. I plan to keep that tradition going as long as I can.

Sue and I wish you all will have the Merriest Christmas and the Happiest New Year
My warmest regards
Dad  Sam chappy friend
Ps 118:8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #482 on: December 10, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to write Sam.  You've been and will continue to be an inspiration.  Good holidays to you and all your family. 

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #483 on: December 10, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »

Pulling for ya chappy. I BELIEVE you will do fine through it all.

Bub
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »

Still praying for you and your family Chappy! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #485 on: December 10, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »

Chappy you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers... wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #486 on: December 10, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »

All the best to you and your family!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #487 on: December 10, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »

Sam,

Great to hear from you, Terri and I really enjoyed meeting up with you in Maggie Valley.  Lets get a group and plan a trip up your way this summer and see whats up on your coast.  I'm sure you have some great places to ride and visit.

Please give Sue a big hug for us and keep up the fight.  We pray for your quick recovery.

Merry Christmas
Your friends, Jim & Terri
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #488 on: December 10, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »

Great to hear from you Sam! It is an honor to pray for you and Sue! May God give you strength in your battle. Love ya man! God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »

Prayer works!!
I got to my Doc's appointment at 7:45 am. Had the blood drawn and tested. My very low test result of 1.5 last week causing me to skip the chemo cycle has been replaced with the new very high result of 10.5 this week. As a reminder, 14 is best and 5 is as low as it can be and still get chemo, last week mine was a 1.5. So, a result of 10.5 is better than best to me. I believe because of your prayers I had my chemo today and will have for the next two days as well. The Doc was as happy as Sue and I. I am pretty beat up and feel inside-out right now so I'm headed to bed to be rested up pleanty for the next two day worth of chemo treatments.

Just a thought; If it was me that gave out names, I would have named "chemo" "peemo" cuz, that's what it makes you do, is pee mo' and mo' and mo'!!!
I'm going to lay down, but sleeping is out of the question, because I have to pee so much. It doesn't help that I have to pour the fuilds down to help push the chemo to all the cells that is posible.
What a minute, I'll be right back........... ahhhhhhhhhhhh
That's why horses stomp their hind foot and look up with a cocked head with their tounge half hanging out!!!!

Till next time.

your friend
Sam  aka  chappy

Those seeking:  :worthless: need not reply  Laughing out loud!!

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »

Great news keep up the good work and you're CVO friends will keep up the prayers.
                                                                                                          kb
kb

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

Great news Sam, I agree with you prayer does work.

How about one of these, looks like it may work and save steps. LOL
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:18:53 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »

Chains,

That looks like a great idea!!
I think I would be able to top it off with what must be at least 93 octane.  lol
It might even glo in the dark.

As lousy as I feel, I FEEL GOOD, getting the ball rolling again.
I'll really need you covering my 6 on day 10,11 and 12 (Dec 23, 24 & 25),
those are the sickest that chemo seems to make me following the start of each chemo cycle.

Thanks again for your continued prayers
Sam  aka  chappy 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »

I thought you might like it, you may have to take the bracket off and duct tape it on, removal will be tough though.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #494 on: December 13, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »

Sam,
We know prayer works and will keep praying for you and Sue. Glad to hear your #'s are up and you are back on the chemo. You know we have got your six. Get all the rest you can and know we are here for you.
Love ya brother.
God Bless, my friend.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 99

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.