Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249560 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1065 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:32 AM »

Sounds like a good plan you and Delta have. getting lost is the way to see new places, and I see a lot of new places. I thought you were riding today yesterday as I tried to call you.
I'll try to call you later today in the PM. Give Sue a big hug for me.
God bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1066 on: May 21, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »

I sure will Mike, she likes hugs lol
And I'll make sure my phone is on.
Sam

Sounds like a good plan you and Delta have. getting lost is the way to see new places, and I see a lot of new places. I thought you were riding today yesterday as I tried to call you.
I'll try to call you later today in the PM. Give Sue a big hug for me.
God bless my friend,
Mike
Ps 118:8

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #1067 on: May 22, 2012, 06:29:23 AM »

ENJOY THE RIDE AND ROLLING THUNDER

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1068 on: May 22, 2012, 11:36:01 PM »

Well, I just came to the full realization, I mean, it has fully sunk into my thick skull.
I am a sicker man than I am willing to admit. I struggle in this fight against cancer and there seems to be a flip flop sort of thing involved with the facts of Doctor reports and denial. Between having times where I know I can take on the world and knowing that as I suck o2 I am also going to have a hard time just walking across the room.

Riding to Rolling Thunder DC gave me such a spark of life, sadly I can now see it was a pipe dream that my body is simply not going to allow me to do. I thought, wow, one more time, but,it seems that the last time was my last time. It hurts me to think I have let my best friend down with such a late notice to my backing out. It hurts me that I lead my wife to also think I could do it. It hurts me that I lead you guys think I was good with the ride and even hurts me that I followed the pipe dream.

I still will ride. Although the long distance rides that I enjoy most will be a thing of the past for me. I tried to work up to the DC ride by going on longer and longer loop type rides from home and I must say, I even surprised myself on the day rides. The next day, no so impressed with myself. I am dead beat the next day and can hardly walk. I'm afraid I'm nearing o2 dependency and after a very short walk I feel and must look like a fish out of water.

So the point for this post, I have had many great and good days, but I want to fully admit I have some days that are just hard for me to grasp the contrast between the good and the bad. I must have been putting on a good show, I nearly had myself convinced That I could do it. I just plain know that I still hurt on the good days and on the bad days I hurt a whole lot more. I now admit that I might get the first day in and not sure about the second, but I know I'd be down for the count on the third day. That just don't work when the miles to burn wont even be half done and at best there will be two long superslub days to get home. You've heard the saying, My Spirit is strong but my Flesh is weak! Well my spirit just took a nose dive and my flesh is weak and I hate that I can't fix it. Yet I know it's out of my hands. It just that if it were in my hands, I'd be doing things a little different.

Sorry I let you all down
Sam

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #1069 on: May 22, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »

Sorry I let you all down
Sam

Sam, aside from teasing once very early on about going to a lot of trouble to get someone else to mow your yard I've read and admired your story, gentlemanliness, bravery and humor without much feedback.  It's your story and your history.  Anything I might add would be soulless compared to all the uplifting effort you've shared.  So don't be an ass sir.  You've let no one down.  You've done more than I ever would.  You've done it with more grace, cheer, sharing and spirit than could ever be expected.  So don't apologize to anyone for anything.  Do what you can, as long as you can, enjoy it as much as can and be content.  You've raised at least one guy up here just doing what you're doing.  Your bravery has no bounds and your spirit has been relentless.  You sir, are good.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1070 on: May 23, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »

Good morning Sam,  if it was not for dreams where would we be in our life?  Your dream of going long distances are what inspired you to get back into the wind on the Tri Glide and if your only able to ride it to the end of the lane to get the mail... and really enjoy that ride... you are a blessed man.  As Don has said, You need not apologize for anything my friend.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1071 on: May 23, 2012, 08:06:50 AM »

Morning Sam! You are a wonderful brother and I praise God for allowing our paths to cross! :2vrolijk_21: I'm with Don when he said "You've done it with more grace, cheer, sharing and spirit than could ever be expected.  So don't apologize to anyone for anything". It's not about us...it's about you! All that have followed your journey have been blessed and it brings great Joy to my heart to hear you speak about your passion for riding. It's something all of us here can relate to. Your right when you said your spirit is strong...it is and it is a sweet spirit! Your spirit is who you are. The flesh is the house in which the spirit lives in for now and unfortunately you have no control over that but you know the one who does!!! Enjoy what and when you can...what ever makes you happy makes me happy. Never a need to apologize to this friend because Sam, you can NEVER let me down! Love ya man, God Bless ya!

:bananarock:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1072 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »

Sam, throughout you illness you have been so upbeat and positive, I'm sure he understands and needs no apology. You are giving it your best pushing to get the most out of life that you can, you are a great inspiration. Ride when you can, rest when your body needs it. Prayers sent to you as always!    :2vrolijk_21:

Craig
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:48:33 AM by Talon »

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1073 on: May 23, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »

Good Morning Sam.  You Sir, need not apologize to anyone for anything.  You uplift me and many on our site.
Your Spirit is as sweet as the Best day of any of our Lifes.  Thank You for being YOU.

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1074 on: May 23, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »

Sam,
As others have said, you need not apologize to anyone. Remember what I said about returning to our youth. LOL
Love ya brother and will see you down the road.
God bless my friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1075 on: May 23, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »

Sam,

Please don't ever think you have let anyone down.  You are the James Thurber of my Walter Mitty life.  I can only dream of the adventures you have had in life and wish I had been able to travel to the places you have seen and made the friends you have.  Enjoy rides when you can, I am sure your friend understands why you cannot go with him and needs no apology.

In the short time I have known you, you have been an inspiration to my very soul.  I feel as though we are brothers and I pray every day for your recovery.

Have Sue give you a hug for me.  Hope to see you this summer.

Love you brother

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1076 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »

Thanks guys, you have helped me swallow a very tough pill to get down and keep down and I'm OK, I didn't OD after all. I slept on it and woke up and got up and read what I guess I needed to get in my thick skull. Fact is, I'm not going to ride to DC, but I am going to keep riding and puttering around with yet another new Harley. Just how fortunate can man hope to be, to date, I have surpassed all of my wildest dreams on Harley's and I will continue to have new discoverys that I have missed by heading out on the long distance rides. Maybe it's time to watch more closely the growth of my grand boys. The youngest (the twins) just had their second birthday and the oldest grandson is now struggling with the fifteenth year of life. He's trying to figure out where he fits in, maybe I'll be the guy that helps him in those difficult growth sperts. Anyway thanks again guys.
Sam aka chappy

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #1077 on: May 23, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »

Peace
 :vrolijk17:
Much love 
:smitten:

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #1078 on: May 24, 2012, 09:54:16 PM »

Thanks guys, you have helped me swallow a very tough pill to get down and keep down and I'm OK, I didn't OD after all. I slept on it and woke up and got up and read what I guess I needed to get in my thick skull. Fact is, I'm not going to ride to DC, but I am going to keep riding and puttering around with yet another new Harley. Just how fortunate can man hope to be, to date, I have surpassed all of my wildest dreams on Harley's and I will continue to have new discoverys that I have missed by heading out on the long distance rides. Maybe it's time to watch more closely the growth of my grand boys. The youngest (the twins) just had their second birthday and the oldest grandson is now struggling with the fifteenth year of life. He's trying to figure out where he fits in, maybe I'll be the guy that helps him in those difficult growth sperts. Anyway thanks again guys.
Sam aka chappy
Sounds like a great plan! Good luck and enjoy those Grandkids!!  :)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1079 on: May 25, 2012, 12:12:11 AM »

Sam,
  A very wise man knows acceptance, a very stubborn man knows denial.  You have proved you are a very wise man.
 Twolane's last post could not have been said any more perfect!!  What you said about passing your wisdom to your Grandchildren is something that they will use and remember and pass on to theirs...a brilliant idea !
 Your opportunity to get on your new Harley when you feel like doing so is a BLESSING, Thank God for what you have and enjoy!

I wish you the best and God bless you, Mike
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 99

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.