Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249605 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1080 on: May 28, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »

Don said it best and I agree with him 110%. Hope to see you in MV.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

satbah

• Covered Bridge stop

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper/Stardust Silver
« Reply #1081 on: May 28, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »

Thoughts and prayers--covered.
V&H duals
V&H Monster Ovals
SE breather
SE Race Tuner
550 Zumo
EZ-up center stand
Ram mount & Radar detector Protection Box
Valentine radar Detector
Brukus Saddlebag Secure

yellow103

• 2005 Electra Glide SE
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #1082 on: June 04, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »

Chappy,
I know we have never met, and you do not know me. But like you, my wife and I have a great love of riding. I have followed your brave fight and determination since you first posted, I have said many a prayer for you, placed you on our church prayer list. In my prayers I have prayed for healing and strenght for you. I have asked God to lift you up. But I quickly realized that it was you who lifted me up with your strength and fight, and the way you so bravely faced each situation with such a positive attitude, I have often commented that if I am ever faced with a situation that would call for the type of strenght and bravery that you exhibit, I hope I can face it in the way that you have. Bottom line is we all know that life is like a vapor, appears for a little while and then vanishes. Every part of our life is in the hands of the almighty. He never allows us to endure more than we are capable of, and with every situation makes a way for us to handle it. You are such an example of this very teaching. Thank you Chappy, even though your strenght may not be where you would like it, never stop fighting, never give a victory to the evil one. Much easier said then done I know, but what we endure here on earth is nothing compared to what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ went through for us. God Bless you and your wife, With much admiration your Brother in Christ Jack Holler.
2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
Screaming Eagle 6 speed W/21 tooth primary drive
SE Race Tuner
Rhinehart Tru Dual
Traxxion Front Supension
Rear Sway Control
King Tour Pak
Panacea LED Light's front/rear
Heated Grips
LED trunk spoiler

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1083 on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »

Chappy,
I know we have never met, and you do not know me. But like you, my wife and I have a great love of riding. I have followed your brave fight and determination since you first posted, I have said many a prayer for you, placed you on our church prayer list. In my prayers I have prayed for healing and strenght for you. I have asked God to lift you up. But I quickly realized that it was you who lifted me up with your strength and fight, and the way you so bravely faced each situation with such a positive attitude, I have often commented that if I am ever faced with a situation that would call for the type of strenght and bravery that you exhibit, I hope I can face it in the way that you have. Bottom line is we all know that life is like a vapor, appears for a little while and then vanishes. Every part of our life is in the hands of the almighty. He never allows us to endure more than we are capable of, and with every situation makes a way for us to handle it. You are such an example of this very teaching. Thank you Chappy, even though your strenght may not be where you would like it, never stop fighting, never give a victory to the evil one. Much easier said then done I know, but what we endure here on earth is nothing compared to what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ went through for us. God Bless you and your wife, With much admiration your Brother in Christ Jack Holler.

Very well said and I second every word.   :2vrolijk_21:     Mike

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1084 on: June 05, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »

Chappy,

I agree what MAT said and Amen to you Jack for your words spoken from the heart!!! :2vrolijk_21:

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #1085 on: June 05, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »

God Bless You Brother, and we wonder why American health care costs are through the roof :soapbox:
My favorite color is chrome

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1086 on: June 26, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

Where's Chappy?  I hope you are comfortable and in high spirits.  Take care of yourself, Sam, and know that we are all praying for you.
Smokin' Jacket (wanna know why?)
2008 Screamin' Eagle Springer

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1087 on: July 24, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »

Sam,
Hope you have been piling up the mile on your new trike. Just been thinking about you and Sue ( a daily thing ).
God Bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1088 on: July 25, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »

Howdy Family,

Loads has taken place since the last time I wrote. In fact as more and more days have now slipped into weeks, several weeks and now, is it really months since I wrote a post?
The view of unchanging white hanging on bare branched and covered the ground and only scarcly revieled the dirt roads of my neck of the woods to wider rows with piled banks that hold back the full fury of winters curse. That frosting cover of snowy waste lands linger for the few that skate, slide, ski and play with red cheeks and running nose til only a checker board fashion of snow and mud remains. Soon the mud is all I see with the tall clackity clack of the trees that blow in the unforgiving rip that scatter litter in my yard with dead brances and limbs while the hibernating trees are faintly reminded of and want the sap of spring that give life.

Wow!!!  Fast forward, the snow is faded to place where the treasues of the single flakes are kept in cold storage and disappeared is the mud as well, it has stepped up to it's responsibility of dryness that's messured out to be just right to give the transformation needed for brown to green. We all know what I mean, but, wow, All of this I've seen from my chair looking out my porthole to the world that I see and enjoy. My dirt road cuts through the hills, kind of like the one that comes to mind when singing the words, "over the mountains and throughs the woods to Grandmothers house we go. But, funny now, I live in the house that my six grand boys could sing those same words and have memories of there own. One of life's biggest treasures and one that holds such a great value is when I, Papa, can see that I will be remembered and maybe even talked about years from now as the Papa that rode motorcycles as much as he could.

Now, I'm reminded of a Frank Zappa song that goes, "I couldn't get my boot off last night, a week went by, and now it's July, I finally got them off and my girlfriend she cried, you got stink foot" not so much the point of stink foot, but, you know, if the shoe fits. lol. The point I think is all about time and maybe even more about how time flies by so fast when we blink, but when I sit and watch the beauty of the changing seasons just out my window, well, that's when I clearly understand how special is the seat that is only second my bed. Seat is for watching just as my bed is for an extended blink. But, you know, for me both places have become so much more than a set of co-ordinates used to find my way to my home destination or to set as the point where I feel the safty and comfort of my home port. This year I have put on fewer miles than any year of my past and I miss those rides and the friends I get to see and the new friends I meet along the way. Man, Even though I'm not on a Long Distance Ride on two wheels "in fact", I have taken some very cool long distance rides without leaving home.

And now it's now!
The week after radiation and yesterday I saw the Dentist.
Great news, no cavities!
Sue and I saw the ct-scan I had to start my radio treatment after the last treatment and we were shocked.
We didn't know that I had so much cancer and how it had spread, even into my bones.
I guess now I can understand why I have pain. Daah! As I scratch my head!
I see my VA Oncologist on the 30th
A ct-scan and bone scan to follow up the radiation treatment that will help to set a new medical plan of action,
What ever that might be.

See y'all soon
Sam aka chappy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:39:47 PM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #1089 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »

Best of luck Chappy!! Will keep you in my prayers, KennyC

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1090 on: July 25, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »

Thanks for the wonderful post Chappy......you're the best, buddy!  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1091 on: July 25, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »

Great to hear from you Sam. May the Best of the Best be with YOU.  Since the Good LORD is with You
who can stand against you, Sir.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #1092 on: July 28, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »

Hugs

Much Love

:love_1: :love_1: :love_1:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1093 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »

Thanks for the post Sam, times like these is when I wish lived closer to people to simply share some time and socialize. Keep your faith strong and pass it on to the Grandsons, pass on all that wisdom  you have acquired over the years, they will cherish it for their lifetime. Say hello to Sue from us and let her know we're here for her.

Talk soon, Mike

P.S.  My first newborn Grandson Landon.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1094 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »

My first newborn Grandson Landon.
[/quote]Congrats MAT, nothing in the world like grandkids.  Especially teaching them the things
that will matter most in this wacky worlds views. Take care and enjoy the Little One they are
precious.

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 22 queries.