Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249628 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1155 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »

Sam it was great to hear your voice and now to see you on the site is super.  Prayers and love always brother.

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1156 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »

Good to hear from you Sam.  Praying for you daily.

Greg & Vicki

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #1157 on: February 12, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »

To know that the people that are helping you(and many others) to stay alive can just say "we quit", gives me a sicking feeling. SHAME ON THEM!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1158 on: February 12, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »

Thanks for the update Sam. Still praying for your complete recovery!  :bananarock:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1159 on: February 13, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »

Great to read your report Sam......prayers your way, my Friend.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #1160 on: February 13, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »

To know that the people that are helping you(and many others) to stay alive can just say "we quit", gives me a sicking feeling. SHAME ON THEM!!!
X2 AGREE! Sam, keep reaching for that next rung because God has a hold of the top of that ladder and we are behind you brother!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1161 on: February 14, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

[quote author=1sharprdkg
X2 AGREE! Sam, keep reaching for that next rung because God has a hold of the top of that ladder and we are behind you brother! Quote]

Thanks guys, page one of two

Funny, In Oct. 2009, I was first facing eye to eye the Vermont Veterans Tumor Board. It was then and there that I was told by the VA Tumor Board that they ruled I should not and will not receive anything more than palliative care and or comfort measures only. I asked for a second opinion and they agreed. That's when the Boston Veterans Hospital came into onto my bumpy road and told me they would operate on me. And the surgery was done Nov 12th 2009 the day after Veterans Day. Things went quickly. Now that I have lived past 3 death dates given to me by The VA Doctors who report to the Tumor Boards I find myself right back where this ride really started, whereby I am once again deemed inoperable as well as once again on palliative/comfort care only.

All that to say, while all this was going on, I would have to search high and low to find any media that was not reporting on one side or the other whether or not the future medical in this country would have Death Panels. These reports that came daily around the clock and from both sides of the issue. They would point fingers at the other while pointing fingers back at the other. both sides and the middle demanding Death Panels will never be in America.

I found such political arguments very funny in a very sickening way. Because Death Panels ARE IN AMERICA and have been for a long time. The same has fallen under the Congress, they control and funding and the same folks still refuse to tell Americans, deaths panels are here in America and here to stay. they openly and clearly admit that death panels are hidden somewhere in the pages and pages that needs to be passed so we can read them. While these same folks are changing the definitions of words as well as coming up with new words to screen the full truth of the games they play, still pointing their finger back and forth. This goes on and on from both sides of the aisle and sad to say I have lived to clearly see the secret handshakes and the lumps of cash that switch hands and seems to come from nowhere and disappears as soon as it appeared. I say, show me, where is it in our National annual budget. Oh yeah, that's right too. There hasn't been past in four years and this year has followed suit now into the fifth year as well. Yup, I know, I know! The other guy did it! well, I'm sick of reading the same old 10 cent novel with a new shinning colorful cover sporting the latest font out there in the re-print shops.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:46:47 PM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #1162 on: February 14, 2013, 07:12:29 PM »

Wow!  Very sobering words!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1163 on: February 14, 2013, 07:17:20 PM »

Page two
I have watched this fact unfold before my eyes while sitting in Government funded (??) Veterans hospital waiting rooms. I have asked why things such as medical care and services are vanishing from the VA medical care system right before my eyes. And while looking right into my eyes the answer from the top dogs at the VA are, "we have a shrinking budget". How so, since the Fed's haven't passed a budget in now 5 years running? Now, as the deck gets reshuffled and a coin gets tossed for heads or tails, it is reviled to me that the findings in my case shows me, the Vermont Veterans Hospital Tumor Board has in my case voted death rather than life. This is the same death vote by the majority of the Boston Veterans Hospital Tumor Board as well. The tumor board of both my primary medical care center as well as my source for a second opinion the Boston VA Medical Center, my last chance and hope for curative medical care has voted, I should not and will not receive any curative Medical care. I will only receive palliative/comfort care my remaining days.  

So, forget VA Hospital and the changing definitions of the words that they use to play word games. I shoot for the understanding and what this means for my outcome and for the living breathing Veteran that I am. Well, My very life and usefulness that I may have literally hangs in the balance that's determined by a board/panel.  Whether you call it a Tumor Board or a Death Panel, maters not, in the end it's the exact same thing. Get ready because when and if you or a loved one gets sick enough and meets the criteria set forth by this Panel or that, you will be the fuel that keeps the cog wheel a churning and the Panel going on. Civilian Health care is next to have such panels and may already. At best it's knocking at your door. Please understand it won't and isn't just for old farts either, age doesn't mater to boards. As I have described above. What "only" maters is medical care has become and gaining ground to be just another business and as with any business, it's measured by costs and profits, Black or Red. When the Fed fully runs and operates the US Medical care system, black and red are out the door. Just look at history. The means to the ends will as every time before control the the masses from cradle, the grave and all that is between.

We Americans have slowly but surely become nothing more than Federal Expenditures to a Federal Budget that is unsustainable. What I find so sickening is, all the career politicians know and have known and try to cover the historic fact that over the past 100 years or so we have been headed this way. To me, what's more sickening, is this mess is and has been coming for a while now and may already be a done deal. What seems to be, is what our representatives and leaders mostly do now, is fine tune the beast that they have long since let out of the cage. History of past clearly predicts what's ahead.

So, I'll conclude with this, The US of A already has Death Panels regardless of how you spin or create new definitions for words and also create brand new words. I have witnessed in letter and deed, No mater how you slice it, (Tumor Boards = Death Panels), and again this isn't something new under the sun. If you sincerely want to see what tomorrow looks like, diligently read your history books.

May you all prosper in wealth and in health
May our Children forgive us for partying with their money
Death Panels may be the answer to prayer,
but who are those that are praying?
And who are those that are prey?

Please forgive my rant about Tumor Boards
Through it all, all is well with my soul
Sincerely
Sam aka chappy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:36:05 PM by chappy »

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #1164 on: February 14, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »

May God be with you. You are one of.the most courage's and inspiring people God has put on the earth.
kb

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1165 on: February 16, 2013, 02:05:06 AM »

Hello family and friends,

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart as I let you all know that my loving wife lost her twin sister tonight.
Sue's sister Sandi received a double lung transplant at a Pittsburg, PA Hospital in April of 2010.
Sandi fought very amazingly during her up and down battle, but the ever present rejection took her home around 10:30 pm.
She leaves behind her Husband Jeff and son Chris, as well as Sue and her three brothers Kenny, Jimmy and Brian.

Please keep Sue and her family as well as me and my kids in your prayers.

Thanks in advance
Sam aka chappy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:11:09 AM by chappy »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #1166 on: February 16, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »

Hello family and friends,

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart as I let you all know that my loving wife lost her twin sister tonight.
Sue's sister Sandi received a double lung transplant at a Pittsburg, PA Hospital in April of 2010.
Sandi fought very amazingly during her up and down battle, but the ever present rejection took her home around 10:30 pm.
She leaves behind her Husband Jeff and son Chris, as well as Sue and her three brothers Kenny, Jimmy and Brian.

Please keep Sue and her family as well as me and my kids in your prayers.

Thanks in advance
Sam aka chappy

So sorry for the pain and loss. Big hugs to you both.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1167 on: February 16, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »

Hey Brother! Prayed for Sue and Sandy's family as they deal with the pain of losing a loved one. What a shame her transplant kept rejecting. Our lives are filled with "hope", highs and lows. Praise God for His promises and trusting in His word we don't have to hope, we can know and believe it.

It was good to see you posting again Sam. As 1sharprdkg wrote "keep reaching for that next rung because God has a hold of the top of that ladder and we are behind you brother!" Good stuff and right on target. I love to hear from you buddy and it is an honor to pray for you and Sue. God Bless!

:bananarock:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1168 on: February 17, 2013, 12:55:56 PM »

Sam, so sorry for your and Sue's loss.  I said a prayer for Sandy and all of her family.

give Sue a big hug for me.

love you guys
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:47:02 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #1169 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »

Prayers sent.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 99

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 22 queries.