Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249588 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1185 on: March 24, 2013, 07:27:50 PM »

Sam,
I too thank and pray for our servicemen and women present and past. I think more people should make an effort to visit the wall as it is awe inspiring. I know DC area is not in reach for most but the moving wall travels all over and is worth visiting if near an area close by.
Sam, I have this picture of you laughing your rear off planted in my mind from the duck incident.
You are truly an inspiration. ( Take that as you like.) I can't pass a Micky D without seeing ducks flying around causing mayhem inside. You are the best.
Love ya brother,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1186 on: March 24, 2013, 11:58:57 PM »

Sam,I can't pass a Micky D without seeing ducks flying around causing mayhem inside. You are the best.
Love ya brother,
Mike

Now I want to reinact this and call it the Chappy act!  :}

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #1187 on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »

Back at ya Sam. Thanks brother!
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #1188 on: May 07, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »

Hi Sam.  I hope all is well with you. It looks like summer is knocking at our door. It would be wonderful to hear that you are putting miles on that trike.  May God bless you. KB

kb

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #1189 on: May 27, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »

Sam,
I was thinking of you and Sue today when all of a sudden I passed by a Mickey D. Had to pull
over, I was laughing too hard to drive. Good thing nobody was with me as would be too hard to explain.
Anyway hope all is well your way and you and Sue are in the wind.
Love ya both and pray all is well.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1190 on: June 11, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »

Before we get started Chappy and I want you all to know that this is Sue writing for him as he is dictating this letter.he is very tired and weak these days.

Hello brothers and sisters, I get fatigued way more than I used to. This winter has been a rough one for so many of our riding family. What used to be part time as needed, I am sucking air almost all the time now. As far as my body being infected, it seems I have went and done it again. Second infection in less than 6 weeks. I can't believe the stuff I am spitting up after choking, the only good thing about it is, is that it stops the pain for a little while.
I was gonna ride my bike home from the shop but just didn't have it in me. It's the same as Rolling Thunder, just didn't have it in me. Don't get me wrong, I want to ride, maybe more than I have ever in my life. I've been out of the house twice for less than a total of 15 minutes in the last 6 weeks. The kids and Sue are going to get me some sort of porch rocker/glider that sits two people. They are supposed to be surprising me with it but Suzy spilled the beans. It will make a great Fathers Day gift. Maybe I will be able to sit on the porch in the shade and once again smell New Hampshire at its finest.
Stage 4 terminal cancer is really quite a foe. I don't eat very good. They seem to be pushing Hospice on me and I keep saying no. I wanted to ride this summer but you know what's really odd, I didn't even get any spring fever. First time ever. I did walk out into the garage and touch the trike but believe it or not, after using the strength just to get out of my seat and down the few steps through the breeze way, I found I couldn't even get on. This is the hardest psychological battle I have ever had to fight. One that I know will win. As crazy as it sounds with all that goes on with graveyards and churches and funeral homes, a lot of people have there own ideas of spreading there ashes. So I decided I will write my crazy two cents, I am going to have all my ashes put into a 1997 Harley Davidson Heritage Springer motor. Mostly because of all the repairs and petty maintenance I look forward to seeing it put into a whole in the ground next to my son Scott.
I'm sorry it's been so long in writing I think of you guys everyday and all the rides we've shared.
With my upmost respect for you all continue riding with other members that may not be able to ride for themselves....chappy
Ps 118:8

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #1191 on: June 11, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

Sam, Thanks for giving us a shout. I do believe that you can and will. overcome this challenge! Hope that you get on the trike and ride like never before. May God bless and heal you soon.
kb

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #1192 on: June 11, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »

Sue, thanks for playing secretary for Sam.
Sam you are still my hero and I lift you and Sue up in prayer daily.
Love from Susie and me.
Mike

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1193 on: June 11, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

Sam n Sue....Best wishes and comfort for you from us both, Mike n Lisa.

:)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1194 on: June 11, 2013, 11:57:18 PM »

Sam and Sue,
Thank you for keeping us posted.  May you find comfort and solace knowing that we and many others are praying for you and your family.
God Bless You,
Mike and Sandra

P.S. I recommend that during the get together meetings ahead we all raise our glass's to Chappy and Sue and their family to recognize their struggle in life and hold them up in prayer being united.   :2vrolijk_21:

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1195 on: June 12, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »

Thank You for the update Sue.  Prayers for Ole Chappy and you daily.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1196 on: June 12, 2013, 08:49:16 AM »

Hey Chappy and Sue! :drink: Excuse me in advance for saying this but cancer, like satan, SUCKS! They both just Suck the life right out of ya! Only difference is Cancer doesn't effect you eternally...Satan does! Cancer is the result of sin entering into this world and that would be the result of satans work on Eve. Satan is a fallen angel, a creation from God who is the great deceiver and seeks to devour and destroy by taking as many as he can into a eternal hell.

Chappy, from the few but incredible conversations I have had with you over the phone, I believe, by your faith, your eternity will be in Heaven with a Holy God. Transformed and made anew. Perfect understanding, Perfect Love...Perfect Everything! No more pain, No more suffering, just over abundance of JOY, JOY, JOY! :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :huepfenjump3:

You my friend have been such an inspiration to me and many on this site. To follow your journey I can see Gods hand prints all over you as you deal each day with this dreadful disease along with the other problems in our daily lives. You are a warrior and I love you very much! I will see you again and will be looking forward to that time. May I encourage you to remain strong in your faith as your daily plate is full of challenges. God will provide and take care of you and your sweet family! Love ya man, God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1197 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:08 AM »

Chappy & Sue, JR says it so much better than I can, but just know that I love ya Brother!  Your Viet-Vet friend, spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1198 on: June 12, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »

Sue thank you for bringing us up to speed.  Give Chappy a big hug for Terri and me.  I too cannot put into words how I feel, Jr. indeed said it best.  Chappy enjoy your new porch swing.

Love you guys

Chains and Terri
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #1199 on: June 12, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »

blessings
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 99

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.