Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249492 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1200 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »

Hey Sam I see you are  on the site checking things out. Love ya man.
God Bless you and Sue.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1201 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »

Rather than use the whole motor, I got an idea from King Solomon that instead of using the motor I am going to use two of the jugs that I have that have been bored and stroked to death, haha, those jugs that I am gonna use should have been buried long before me. What's cool??? about it is, is that these jugs pushed Sue and I across this country more times than I can count. One will be for me and the other one will be for Sue.

We live on top of one of the biggest hills in Sunapee and our ashes someday will spend our time on top of what's probably one of the second largest hills in Sunapee.
chappy (but I, Sue wrote this for chappy)
Ps 118:8

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1202 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »

Thank You Sue for helping us to communicate with such a wonderful Man!!  Chappy ... The strength you show in your faith is so much more important in life, than the lack of strength in your physical being.  You have been an inspiration to Me and so many others on the site and given us so many good memories to carry with us for all time until we meet in another place.  I am proud to call you Friend.  As always our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family for comfort and patients with Gods plan. 

Marty & Diane

PS,    I love the idea of using the jugs that have given Sue and Yourself such great memories!!!
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1203 on: June 27, 2013, 08:11:48 PM »

Hi this is Sue, I am posting something that Sam wrote last night and I will give lab explanations and update later. I am sorry but I need some time to digest all of this. Love Sue

Howdy all,

Here I am taking a rest from resting. So that means it's time to reach into my brain and think with more direction. I am exciteingly looking forword to see how my HD urn will end up looking. I have decided to go funk and twisted (the same way I liked to ride). Buy, I am a minimalist, (that is of course after I have all the chrome in place. Ha ha

I will use all the '97 Heritage Springer pieces and parts as possible. I was going to use the whole chrome and black motor with a pair of cut off exhaust pipes. My goal is to pull this off without buying one piece or part.

Not yet sure who will do the fInal wrenching needed. I plan to make this so if Sue still wants to join in on the ride, her jug will fit right on like a Lego piece.

Pictures will be posted ASAP. The thought of all this brings such a smile to my face, I can hardly wait to get started.

When my 18 year old son died I was surprised to see the steel balls in the spinning bones were crushed. After the ashes, dust and bone chips were all put together, well, I believe there will be ample room for a customized Harley part that does not have a part number. So, my name will do fine.

Now I can start to show that urgency might be a part in this, the next play. Here goes ;
I went to my Veterans Hospital appt. to see my Oncologist last Friday. Wow what a day. I had several tubes of blood. No joke, I knew I was sick then as well and am still sick even now. I was severed a full plate of "I don't want it!". But a we all know how well that works. I'll have to have Sue explained all the in's and out's of all the numbers that my blood test reveled.

The examination reveled even more. I had to have 2-3 pints of blood. Thank God I only had to deal with only 1 over night at the hospital so late Sat I was sound asleep in my out bed.

My Doc told me I have about a month left on the roster. He then told me that since I have beaten 3 death dates it's possible I could do it again. The transfusion blood wasn't to prolong my life all it was to do was give a boost to get my red blood cells a chance to feel better for a little better. I'm not really sure it did that.

I found out my cancer is growing and spreading faster now as well. One new tumor is pushing on a nerve center that is affecting my left eye and eye lid. My left cheek is draping as well.

Sue will have to help sort them out. My brother is coming up from Georgia tomorrow so probably won't get back to you until my brother and I have finished visiting.

Sorry to say, but I'm to beat to type any longer.

Be back soon
Sam aka chappy
Your brother, your friend

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1204 on: June 27, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

Love ya Sam! Of course we Love you too Sue!
Mike & Susie
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1205 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »

God Bless You Brother

Love you both

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1206 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »

We love you Chappy!

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1207 on: June 27, 2013, 10:15:30 PM »

Chappy you are such a inspiring person that I would have been Blessed to meet. 

I'm believing for round 4.  Enjoy your stay with your Brother and give our best to your Loving Sue.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1208 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:12 PM »

Praying for Gods grace, love and wisdom to lift both of you up every morning and His peace as you rest. Love you both very much, God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1209 on: June 28, 2013, 09:09:47 AM »

My thoughts are with you both...

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1210 on: June 28, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »

God bless you both!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #1211 on: June 29, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »

Sam, Yer outlook on things is something to admire. I use to question Gods will and workings on life itself.  :nixweiss: I no longer have to as I know our fate is in good hands.

You will ride forever in the hearts of many.

God Bless

Phillip
Wut the hell was that maneuver

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1212 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »

Hi everyone, this is Sue again. As promised to chappy I will try to explain some of his labs and what it means to the docs.

As you already know, Sam needed some blood. He had been as white as a ghost(for lack of a better term only), for about close to 2 months. He was getting weaker by the minute and he was having a harder and harder time breathing even with the oxygen on. Several times it crossed my mind that maybe he needed some blood. But chappy being chappy didn't want to go to hospital. He had an appt.on the 20th of June and promised me he would not cancel his appt. Well they drew blood as they always do and we waited for the lab reports, when Dr. O'Donnell (his chemo doc) got a phone call from the lab directly I knew something was up for sure. Sure enough Sam needed blood (and who said I wasn't a smart person). Anyway his Red Bood Count (the cells that carry oxygen and stuff to the major organs, simply put, was at 2.91. The norms are 4.23-5.66.
No wonder he was having such a hard time breathing. His Hemoglobin was at
7.3 with norms being 12.8-17. Uh oh! Sam really need blood and NOW!
His Hematocrit was 24.7, norms 39.2-50.4. No wonder the doc got called personally instead of the report being faxed to the nurse.

Well that wasn't bad enough. Chappy's GGT's was156 norms being 10-65!
Chappy's liver is in trouble. Cancer there now, who knows but this level is not good. His kidneys are also 41 with the norm being >60. His Lymphocytes are also very low meaning he could have an underlying infection, a virus or just doesn't have much to fight another infection if he gets one. His albumin level is also low but since he isn't eating enough to feed a bird that didn't surprise anyone. Albumin shows whether or not you are not getting enough nutrition.

What does this all mean. Chappy is ver very sick. The cancer is eating up his good cells so fast that his blood cells can't reproduce fast enough anymore. He got 2-3 units of blood (the nurse screwed up and we not really have any idea how much he got). Doc ordered two units and because Chappy now has antigens (another horror story), his blood basically has to get "scrubbed" before he can get it. So it has to come from Burlington, VT on a "bus". Way to go VA. Anyway, it takes time and that's why Sam had to get admitted overnight. His liver isn't functioning in the capacity it should so unless his level comes up at some point he will get jaundice, yellow skinned, eyes, etc. his kidneys may at some point shut down which really is indelible with the dying process. Because his lymphocytes are so low, he doesn't have the ability to fight off infections. Doc told him the next one may be the end.
Chappy's gums have also receded horribly because, the dentist thinks, he wasn't getting enough oxygenated blood and the gums therefore don't get it and this can happen. It makes eating a little bit more of a challenge not to mention he could very well end up with an infection in his gums or around his teeth.

None of this is a pretty picture. I tried to be somewhat blunt but not too gruesome.
The pain at times appear to be absolutely unbearable for Sam. I can't do anything to help or stop it. They increased his pain meds and also added a Duragesic patch. I have to be honest when he is in this kind of pain alls I can do is pray and weep like a little baby. It is so hard to watch the one you love with all your heart hurt like that. The one who took care of me when I couldn't walk. The one who said it would be ok when I couldn't control my bladder and had accidents in a Resturant. The one who held me in his arms and cryer with me and told me we would get through not only when I was Diagnosed with MS, but when his Mom &Step-Dad died. And when my Dad and Mom died. When our son was killed in that horrid car accident. And most recently when my twin sister died 4 1/2 months ago. And yes less than 2 weeks ago when the doc told him he had a month, maybe two to live. This is the man who has always held me up as well as his children and grandchildren. Yes, even all of ou who he has come to love and cherish your friendship and gone to The Lord for you all. How, how do I let this man that ou all know as Chappy and Sam to me, I pray when that day comes I can look I'm in the eyes and say, "Yes, I'll be ok, it's ok, go be with The Lord and all those we love.

I am sorry I went on like this, I guess my fingers did the talking for me. We met with one of our dearest friends yesterday and Tina will do the service for Sam. Probably one of the hardest things she has ever been asked to do. Tina is a wonderful Christian and when the time come and any of you are able to come you will see why Sam has asked her to say his last words.
God Bless you all and from the deepest depths of my soul, Thank You for caring, sharing your lives, your friendship, your love, but most of all for all your prayers for Sam over the course of this journey. May The Lord Bless each and everyone of you each and every day.
Love, Sue

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1213 on: July 02, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »

Sorry I messed up on the spelling and what I meant to say at the end was, how do I let this man Sam and Chappy go when the time comes. Sorry I missed so letters, this was very hard for me to write and say to you all.
Love, Sue

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #1214 on: July 02, 2013, 11:50:03 AM »

Thank you for the update, Sue.  I know there are lots of prayers going out for chappy.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 99

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.