Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249505 times)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1320 on: January 06, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

GOD BLESS, Chappy.  Always in my thoughts and Prayers.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1321 on: January 07, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »

Great to see you posting and sounds like you enjoyed another Christmas! My love to you and Susie Q. Praying for ya buddy! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

hspring03

« Reply #1322 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »

Hey all....  Just checking in..  I see Chappy was on a few days ago with an update.

His 60th Birthday was Wednesday the 8th.  Sue planned a little surprise party for him yesterday. 

It was great to see them. 

A couple of the pictures of the day. 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Springer03/library/Chappys%20Birthday?sort=3&page=1

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1323 on: January 13, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »

Hey all....  Just checking in..  I see Chappy was on a few days ago with an update.

His 60th Birthday was Wednesday the 8th.  Sue planned a little surprise party for him yesterday. 

It was great to see them. 

A couple of the pictures of the day. 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Springer03/library/Chappys%20Birthday?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for the pictures.
MIke
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1324 on: January 13, 2014, 06:15:35 PM »

SIXTY !!!  Happy Birthday ole Man. :2vrolijk_06:  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #1325 on: January 13, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

I trust you enjoyed the birthday Sam and think of you often.  May God continue to bless you and your family.

:2vrolijk_06:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1326 on: January 13, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »

Happy Birthday Sam ... I see by the pictures of the surprise party you all had a great time!

Mike

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #1327 on: January 14, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »

SIXTY !!!  Happy Birthday ole Man. :2vrolijk_06:  har.  spyder

I think we've got him beat!
 :'(

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1328 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »

Wow Sam 60, Happy Birthday youngster :2vrolijk_06: :2vrolijk_06:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:35:53 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

kustomhd66

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond
« Reply #1329 on: January 14, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

Sam

Happy Birthday.  :drummer: All the best to You and your family.
Thank You
Kustomhd66

FLHTCUSE7
124" S&S,crank, flywheel, cylinders and HC pistons
Ported CVO Heads
594 Feuling gear cams and lifters
SE billet cam support plate & high volume oil pump
Fullsac Perfocrmance DX pipe
Fuel Moto E series Slip Ons
ThunderMaxx
944 Progressive Suspension
Barnett Scorpion Lock-up clutch & basket
Hayden primary tensioner
Truck Lite phase 7

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1330 on: January 20, 2014, 07:07:16 PM »

Hi everyone, this is Sue writing for Chappy.

This is a long post. So let me start out with some positive things first.............

First: saying that my seventh (7th) grandchild should slide into home plate within the next 2 weeks. With six (6) grand boys we gotta have one (1) grand girl.

Second: the Veterans Administration finally came through with the new shower unit which enables chappy to take a shower safely. This was a grant given to him by the VA back in March of 2013.

Third: He actually made it to his 60th birthday which he was told 4 years ago he would not see the year 2010.

Fourth: His Hospice Dr. was here last Wednesday and recertified him for another 6 months for Hospice Care. This means that the Dr feels chappy needs the services of Hospice in our home along with other services. I actually read the note that the Dr had written and she documented that with his advancement of cancer she is amazed that He is still here let alone trying to work on his projects. 6 months is not actually up until the middle of Feb. if you remember chappy told the Dr's how much time He wanted.

Fifth: now that he has almost reached his goal of six months and will hold our new grandchild soon, it's time for a new goal. HE wants to RIDE his BIKES in the SPRING.

Now to continue on with how he is feeling...........

This is what chappy is saying to me...."In the midst of such friends, it shames me that I haven't been more diligent in writing. In the wonderful visit I had in the celebration of my birthday (one of which I thought I would never see), Ace reminded me how long it's been since I last wrote. For that I ask your forgiveness. This site has not only offered but has delivered a friendship and a kind of friendship that is rarely found on this planet we call home.

I think one of the reasons I don't write often or even hesitate to write at all is because I feel as though I am running out of positive things to write about. That is as far as my health goes. Folks that I see say to me, "well you look so good", "or you look great", but if they could see how I feel on the inside I don't think they would be saying that at all. I don't want to complain and I don't want to push people away but it seems as though that is exactly what I have done. Not only to my friends distant and close but even to my own family. With each day that passes, it seems harder and harder to type a reply post.
Ps 118:8

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1331 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »

There really is no easy way to say it and far too many within our forum brotherhood know just what I am talking about. When it comes to sickness, disease, ailments, accidents, injuries to members and there loved ones to there neighbors, to people who they have dealings with in there everyday business. We live in very unfriendly circumstance to say the least. Back in 2004 when my wife unknowingly had MS, she had to continuely step down from being a Director of Nurses to working the floor as a med surg nurse, she was then diagnosed with MS in 2005 and then was taken out of the game all together. That opened the door to incredible circumstances. At that time Sue was in a wheel chair 85% of the time or using a walker, needless to say our lives changed dramatically. The two story dream house that's was building was to become our retirement "home" was also out of the game. We sold that two story house and bought a one story home about an hour away from our friends and kids. Since that time 3 people who became our friends while Sue was fighting MS have died as a result of there infliction of MS. After a 24 day hospitalization, Sue's Mom passed away the week she came home from the hospital. 11 months ago, Sue's twin sister passed away the night before our son Scott's "16" year anniversary of his death of 1997. Last month my brother died.

I am not writing this for pity or for you to feel sorry for me, but mainly just to bring you up to date and that we all have trials and tribulations and in the midst of that, the strangest thing happened. The roll of me being caretaker for my wife has completely reversed. And though she still has full blown Relapsing Remitting MS, God has some how given her the ability to be caregiver for me. Although I receive pain management care I no longer receive curative care. But between the Veterans Hospital and the Hospice Care in my home this has lightened the load for Sue tremendously. I feel that I understand why God had the desire instilled in Sue to become a nurse in the first place. Without her training, skills at so many levels, and her compassion I am afraid to think of where it would have lead me and the care that I might have received.

I have been so fatigued like I have never known. Just to get up and use the bathroom has been such an ordeal. I have been sleeping an average of 20 hours a day for the past 2-3 weeks. I don't know how I made it to the Surprise Birthday Party that Sue and my daughter put on for me. Sue took me to the Veterans Hospital last Friday because I was so weak and declining so quickly. Once there the usual blood work, questions, exam. I received 1000 cc's of IV fluids because I was so dehydrated. The Dr. Is treating me for a Urinary Tract Infection with a heavy duty antibiotic. I had just finished a round of antibiotics 3 days before going to the hospital on Friday for a sinus infection. The doc said this may be a quick fix but ultimately I am going downhill on this slippery slope. At least that is what mankind is saying. I feel like crap all the time. I just want to sleep. Sue says it may be partially due to the fact that I have been on antibiotics for so long. My blood pressure has been very low but today when Sue took it, it was finally almost within a normal limit.
Ps 118:8

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1332 on: January 20, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »

First off let me say ... Sam or Sue You NEVER have to apologize to us for anything!!!!  You both have been such an inspiration to Myself and so many others on this form that we are HONORED to receive your posts whenever we get one.  We wish there was more that we could do to lift this burden from you and get you back into the wind, and I am glad to see that you still set this as one of your goals. 
     We LOVE Ya Man and our thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #1333 on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »

I don't know you chappy but I wish you the best. Your post made me stop and think for a while.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1334 on: January 20, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »

First off let me say ... Sam or Sue You NEVER have to apologize to us for anything!!!!  You both have been such an inspiration to Myself and so many others on this form that we are HONORED to receive your posts whenever we get one.  We wish there was more that we could do to lift this burden from you and get you back into the wind, and I am glad to see that you still set this as one of your goals. 
     We LOVE Ya Man and our thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family

Marty & Diane
X a zillion!!! I couldn't have said it any better. We are here for both of you anytime... don't hesitate to communicate whatever you are feeling or need to. You have done so much to and for the lives you have touched we are all truly blessed to know both of you. God Bless.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 99

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 22 queries.