Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249471 times)

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »

Chap, thank you for let us know that your home and safe. I know it's been a tough road so far but getting home and sleeping in your own bed sounds good. I have been thinking about you and Sue everyday and I will continue to send prayers your way. Have a great day my friend

Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2009, 10:39:19 AM »

Great mi amigo Sam......you will be riding soon!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »

Nothing better than sleeping in your own bed at your own home. Great news! Rest, get strong and keep fighting.
We'll keep asking for great things to come your way in all our own ways. 
 ;)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2009, 11:56:09 AM »

CHAPPY!!!! That is SO AWESOME to hear!! I will continue to keep you, your family and doctors in my prayers!

:pineapple:  :pepper:  :apple: :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :2vrolijk_21:

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »

Sam,There is no place like home. Enjoy it and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. kb
kb

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »

To my wonderful family and family of friends at CVOHARLEY

Just an update to keep you in the loop.

This past Friday my new furnuce was installed. What a difference it has made. My home is warm in just a couple moments and it stays within a few degrees until I change the thermostat. I don't mind NOT hauling the wood and NOT stocking the old wood stove already.

The pain from the surgery is already less than the pain I experienced before the operation. That is of course if I don't reach in a way that I shouldn't or roll in bed the wrong way. For right now, I'm not supposed to lift anything over the weight of a gallon of milk. I didn't think that could be right until I tried, Yup, a gallon of milk is a good cut off point. But bending over to pick up a coin has changed a bit for me too. I don't really care about 2 bits anymore, at lest for now. lol

I have no way to shut off my car or truck airbag so I can't drive for a few weeks and I really don't like riding in the back seat but for now that's the weay it goes. It sure beats the outcome of an airbag deployment. My Doc said it would be a disaster, I think he might know what he's talking about.

My son Shaun came today to bring me to the Dr's appointment and will bring me to another one tomorrow. Shaun drives, Sue rides in the front passenger seat and I ride in the back all by myself. I now understand why kids always ask, "are we there yet?" The back seat just makes it seem a much lomger ride.

Today, my Oncologist, Sue and I went over more of the available pathology report. I recieved the confirmation that some things has changed, some for the better, some not. Here's some of the good news. First, it was good that the Surgent didn't just close me back up after looking inside. Next, I'm also thankful that he was able to get as much of the cancer that he did. Some areas that went better than first hoped for was the removal of as much of the largest tumor around my aorta and vena cava veins. Another area that went well was around my trachea. So it seems I may continue to bored folks to death with my piles of useless information.  LOL  I have a friend that fondly referers to me as Clff, as in Cliff from the show Cheers. The worse I have had with talking is some horseness when I an approching or am tired. Now, tired seems to come early and heavy and a nap seems to be just what the Dr ordered, No really, he ordered that.  lol

The cancer in my right lung, he thinks he got it all, the cancer in the back of my chest and along the chest wall, he got most of it. The cancer in my left lung will wait for radiation as will the rest of the residual cancer. There is some cancer that he refered to as floaters, kindof the stuff that got away while the cutting was going on. I'm told that's where the chemotheapy comes in. I knew going into this that the operation wouldn't get it all, but I am glad for the amount that was removed.

Now for one piece of bad news. The Thymoma Cancer of the Thymus wasn't what it turned out to be. What was found is still cancer of the thymus, however, the type I have is Thymic Carcinoma. It turns out to be much more agressive, faster spreading, has a very high recurrent rate, more difficult to destroy and has a much lower survival rate. All things the same the rates would drop from the first hopeful 60% over 5 years with Thymoma to 13 % over 5 years with Thymic Carcinoma. But, I'm still in this for the long haul and if I continue to heal at my current pace I should be able to start radiation within a couple to 3 weeks from now. About a week earlier than first hoped for. It's felt that Chemo couldn't start for another couple weeks after the radiation starts.

It is looking better after today for me to recieve the radiation at Dartmouth Medical Center. That's what Sue and I have been waiting for, it has yet to be confirmed, but, as I said, it's looking better today that it did even last Friday. Last Friday id when Boston VA hospital called and said that the Vermont VA didn't know what they were talking about.

Thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers
All the Doc.s have told me I look to be doing much better than they thought I would at this point. I believe it's because of all of you thanks again

sincerely yours
Dad,  Sam,  chappy
Ps 118:8

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »

Sam

Prayer sent, and will be. Stay strong. Hoping only the best for you and your family!

JW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »

Thanks for the update Sam. You, Sue and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thoughts and prayers from here as well my friend.

Howie

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2009, 08:58:24 PM »

u are a inspiration to everyone on here ..... keep up the fight .... god bless and keep praying with us

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »

Thanks for the update.....  Seems as though you are doing very well in all respects.  We will be praying for your continued perseverance and improvements... One day at a time...  :2vrolijk_21:  God Bless...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »

I was thinking of you today as I do every day, and low and behold you come through with an update.
I thank God every day for answering our prayers and blessing your recovery.
Will continue to pray for your complete recovery, and look to meet you on the road in the future.
God Bless!
Mike
 :drink:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:23:46 PM by MIKEYTEE »
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2009, 02:16:44 AM »

Sam, thanks for the needed update. You've got a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! How about a family picture?

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2009, 02:58:23 AM »

Sam, thanks for the needed update. You've got a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! How about a family picture?
Sam, hard10 is right. Family picture is requested to be posted this week. And we don't want you taking the pic. LOL  :daisy:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2009, 04:32:29 AM »

Sam, thank you so much for the updae, your positive upbeat spirit is an inspiration to us all...

Many prayers to you and Sue and the rest of your family...

I look forward to each of your updates...

Rob

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »

This just in!!
It's not a complete family photo, but it's a scan of the newest members to my line. My son Shaun and his wife Amy are giving me and Sue our newest grandchildren. Twins are cool because Sue is an identical twin as was my mother. We have been waiting for twins quietly for some time now. Due date is late May early June. Not sure of sex or if identical yet but hopfully will know by next ultrascan.

I hope the scan of the twins is clear enough to see.

Just another reason to be thankful.
Sam  aka  chappy
Ps 118:8
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.