Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249501 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2010, 07:39:52 AM »

Sue,
You and Sam are in our hearts and prayers daily. I look forward to meeting both of you in the near future.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2010, 09:08:04 AM »

Thank you for your post Sue,  I have yet to meet Sam and Yourself in person,  but I can tell you this.  Sam has been a huge inspiration to me with the way he has been sharing his path with all of us, and has helped me to come to grips to another level, with the path that my Father had been on.  My Prayers and thoughts are with Sam, You, and your family and it does my heart so much good to read the "up Beat" post about his ride last week.  I look so forward to meeting both of you in the future, and keep you in my thoughts till that time.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2010, 07:21:14 PM »

Take care, Sue

You have so many people pulling for Sam that don't voice it.  Keep on with the keeping on. 
Lots of love and best wishes. 
And Sue, you take care too.
 :-*

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »

Hi Sam and Sue, My wife Sandra and I are hoping your days are going smooth, by reading your recent post it seems you've had some good times recently, we will continue to pray for you both and your family.
  Keep up the good spirits, Mike   :2vrolijk_21:

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »

awesome .... not only did u make my day but my week.... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :pineapple: :pineapple:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »

Sue,

Thanks for the post, I think of Sam and you a lot, the strength and determination it takes to go through the routine you guys do daily is amazing.  I have had many friends go through this battle and win, it takes your type of strength and a lot of prayers which I know you are getting.  I cannot imagine how Same felt being able to ride to the dealer, it is a good thing it wasn't summer, he probably would have had a mouth full of bugs from that ear to ear smile.

Always in our prayers.

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »

Originally Posted by John TN 
This benefit is officially closed,,, the final tally if nothing else comes in snail mail is $220.00 + # PayPal balance: $2,728.34 USD =

$2948.34

This is/was so awesome, I'm so proud to be part of this HDF family of many walks of life and see what folks that share the love of motorcycles can do when they come together for a good cause.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your help in this benefit, and I want to thank another forum for their help in all of this as well, many thanks to all of the Heritage Springer forum members for your help, they posted links to this benefit as Sam is a member there as well,,, that's super great when two forums and tons of folks show heartfelt caring and sharing.

Hats off to all of you!!!!

Regards John TN

Hi all,

Well, I've got to tell ya, I'm blown away!!!!!!!

My deepest thanks go to JohnTN at HDForums.com, for even thinking ahead to help Sue and I fill a dream that has come close in the past but never happen. Thank you too, all of you that sent so many warm words of encouragement to me and Sue as well as the many gifts. Just so you know, I tell every body I see that I know a great bunch of people and let them all know where all these doo-rags come fron and from one member here he told me to pass them out to other Veterans at the VA Hospital chemo room. I did just that and it was a big hit. They all wear doo-rags that were sent with the best of wishes. Who could ask for more. Thanks again HDForum.com.
Alaska, here I come. LOL
well, maybe I'll wait till it's a bit warmer first.

A very special Thanks to hspring03, he is a member here but also put it up on HSOA.com where he (ACE) and I are both members also. A brother from Mass, I look foward to meeting him on a ride very soon. Also, thanks to all the members that have become my friends at HSOA.com 1 of the 3 Harley Davidson Websites that I go to.

And Last but not least I’d like to Thank GH a member at CVOHARLEY.com
GH posted there of the benefit for me and folks there have also responded in like maner as did HSOA.com and HDForums.com members. Also, thanks to all the members that have become my friends at CVOHARLEY.com 1 of the 3 Harley Davidson Websites that I enjoy going to and am a member of.

Sue and I are speechless and we both will get back soon with a thank you that will hopfully come close to expressing our feelings to a bunch of folks I wish I could say thanks face to face.

Later
With warmest regards
Sam aka chappy & Sue
Ps 118:8

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:52 PM »

Hi Sam & Sue,

It was to outstanding to read that Sam has been able to throw a leg over already this year. Got to admit I might be just a bit jealous as I have to many chemicals on the road to be out myself ... yet. Prayin' for rain here  :2vrolijk_21:

I would like both of you to know that from my perspective if there's thanks to be given here it should be from me to you. Your heartfelt openness has been an inspiration beyond description. Seriously, I don't know how to express how the way you've chronicled your journey has inspired me. And, I'll go out on a limb and suggest there may be many good folks here you've touched in ways you'll probably never know.

So my friends ... thank you and God Bless!!!

Howie

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »

Hi Sam & Sue,

It was to outstanding to read that Sam has been able to throw a leg over already this year. Got to admit I might be just a bit jealous as I have to many chemicals on the road to be out myself ... yet. Prayin' for rain here  :2vrolijk_21:

I would like both of you to know that from my perspective if there's thanks to be given here it should be from me to you. Your heartfelt openness has been an inspiration beyond description. Seriously, I don't know how to express how the way you've chronicled your journey has inspired me. And, I'll go out on a limb and suggest there may be many good folks here you've touched in ways you'll probably never know.

So my friends ... thank you and God Bless!!!

Howie
Well said Howie :2vrolijk_21:... I'd like to ditto this post Chappy and Sue you have been a true inspiration... what you have given by sharing your journey and showing your strength is way beyond what any of us could ever give you. God Bless.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:52 AM »

Helo Chappy, I too got out for the first time this year. I guess it's hard for you to sleep with that big smile on your face, I know it is for me. lol - Please keep the post coming, you are my hero. I know with all the prayers and positive thoughts you will beat this. I hope you are able to get back in the wind real soon. I will talk with you soon.

Your Friend,
Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2010, 02:24:37 PM »

hello CVO family and friends,

Meeting as many of you and yours has become part of my plan for the ride to Alaska.  As it gets closer to the riding season I plan to map out a route that will get me closer to meeting as many of my Harley loving friends as I can. Although right now my biggest challenge is to get better, or at least better than I am. That includes my riding endurance level. Sue and I plan to have our first long distance ride of the year in late May. I plan this ride with a long time riding buddy "Delta" with the loop that will bring us up to Nova Scotia and around the Cabot Trail and the beautiful veiws of Cape Breton. We haven't worked out all the details, but Delta and I seem to manage best without any details set in stone but rather just a few destinations and take the advice of other riders and locals we meet along the way.

This spring break out ride, I'm hoping, will get the saddle sores long behind me. lol  The ride to Alaska is the big ride for this year, more like the big ride of my life if I can pull it off. I hope I can head out within a week or two after the spring break out ride to Nova Scotia. I'm shooting for mid to late June. I would like to do a USA four corners as part of the Alaska ride. So, I guess I could call it a Four Corners Plus 1. In doing that I'll have the oppportunity of a lifetime to meet many of you folks along the way. I have lots of plans, one of them is to put together a web page so I can daily load pictures and comments with the route and list of towns I stop in. I still have time to work out the details and build up the strength I'll need to keep the foward motion. I'll let all of you know what's up with the plans from time to time as the start date gets closer.

But, part of any plan has to be a close and serious look at one's ability to carry out the plan. That's really where I'm at right now. I start another three day round of chemo Monday and I have the weekend before jitters as usual. I'm not looking foward to the chemo sickness at all, but I'll take it willingly for the time it buys me to keep on keeping on. After this treatment and before the next cycle I will have another c-scan that will tell me alot of info. Mostly if the chemo is working out and if I can finally start the 8 weeks of radiation or not. I'm hoping I can start radiation and keep getting the chemo and get better enough to pull off the two rides ahead. With all the thoughts and prayers from you guys how could I ever fail.

So once again, Thank you to all of you.
See you on the road, I hope that many of you can ride with me on some of those miles during my Four Corners Plus 1 Ride. Sue and I would love to and look foward to meeting as many members and friends as possible.

sincerely and
proud to be your friend
Sam   aka   chappy
Ps 118:8

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »

Sam:  I hope your travels take you near the Niagara Falls aria so that I might have the honor of meeting and riding with Sue and yourself.  If not I hope that I might be able to catch up with you along your travels.  Thoughts and prayers will be with you for your up comming week of treatment and I hope the sickness is minimal after this round.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »

Chappy, the Derby City has to be a visit area. I would love the honor for you and Sue and guest to crash at my house for a day and then I can put together a group of riders to hit the highway with you. Please keep me  in mind. Good luck next week.

Your friend, Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #298 on: March 14, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »

Sam,

Sounds like a fantastic group of trips you have going on.  If you figure out your route on your four corners trip I would love to meet you and Sue.  If you are coming through Alabama we will put you all up.  If you post your route and its not coming through we will ride to find you to say hi. God speed and keep getting better.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JOYRDZ

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »

Hi chappy and Sue- I just now ran across this story and all I can say is WOW! What an amazing story, and how wonderful to have of these people who 'got your back'!

God Bless!

Jeff Lovell
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Blue/Blue
EFI Race Tuner/Dyno Tune
SE A/C Kit
SuperTrapp Supermeg 2-1
Traxxion AK20
Bitubo
Quick-detach TourPack
96 HP  113FT/LBS
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 99

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 22 queries.