Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249468 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #375 on: June 25, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »

Part 2 of 2

I think we all slept good in preparation for the ride in the morning that would take us back towards the Hopewell Rocks. A must see. The tide rises or lowers 8 feet and hour. The tide at the Hopewell Rocks is 32 to 40 feet. Alma village is a fishing village where the fishing boats sit idle in a cradle on a mud floor with the water nearly out of sight until the tide comes in. Pictures!! I must admit, I was whooped by the ride and didn't have it in me to do much walking so most all the photos were taken on the fly. Delta and I walked down past the closed gate to hopewell rocks to snap a few pics from the top of the ledge. No way would I make it down the stairs to the bottom and then make it back up again. Delta agreed. lol I think he was nearly as winded as I was.

That next Morning we headed for the USA and got a room at Bar Harbor, Maine. Or, as they say, Bah Hahbah, DownEast Maine. More seafood and a good nights sleep ended that day. The next morning we rode to the Acadia National Park and enjoyed the view from atop Cadilac Mountain. It’s the highest location that close to the sea in America. The view is unforgettable. We then rode the long ride home with a few rain drops along the way. I forgot to add that we hit a very heavy down pour on the ride to Hopewell Rocks. The rain was the type that you can’t see more than 25 or 30 feet at the most and wouldn’t you know, we were on a highway at the time. So we slowed down to 60 mph at least. Lol I brought home lots of wet clothes from that day.

I have left out so many points, that if you were with us on this trip, after reading this, you would have to wonder if I was writing about the same trip. Best of all, there was very little bad weather, NO breakdowns, NO accidents, and memories that will last a lifetime, or at least until dementia sinks it’s hooks.

Delta’s photos
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/limozn/2010%20June%2011-15%20%20Sam%20Sue%20Don%20%20Canada%20trip/

Sue’s and my photos
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/limozn/2010%20June%2011-15%20-Sam%20%20Sue-%20%20Don%20%20Canada%20Trip/

Got home and had aother good report from my Oncology Doctor visit. The bug I had on the trip is gone and my tooth ache is even gone. Yippy I O !!

Take care, Sam aka chappy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:25:51 PM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #376 on: June 25, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »

Chappy so great to read about your trip.... glad you were able to enjoy it. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #377 on: June 25, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »

So very glad you were able to enjoy a little corner of our country Sam and Sue  :2vrolijk_21: but even more so that you were able to do it in relative good health and on two wheels  :pepper: :pepper:  You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »

Chappy,

Looks like you guys had a great trip, glad you are in shape to ride like you did.  Hope all reports keep comming back good.  You and Sue are in our prayers.  Ride safe and long.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »

Looking good Chappy!  :2vrolijk_21:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2010, 02:42:37 AM »

Hello Family and Friends

I guess what I'm saying in the Subject is the affect that my cancer diagnosis has had on me has been much like a Yo-Yo. Without stateing all the ups and downs that I, or to put it more correctly, Sue and I, have endured since the cancer diagnosis was given to me last September, I'll just let you all know that it has been 3 months since my last chemo treatment and C-Scan, a time table that I am very thankful for. Although I was told ther was "No Evidence of Disease", I was also told that there is no cure for Thymic Carcinoma cancer. This is when I am also usually told that a bus could run me over tomorrow. Or, when it's your time to go... and on and on. But, with my wife and I happy that we might have some relatively enjoyable time to spend together this summer somewhere other than at the Dr.s office, clinic, chemo room, getting blood sucked out of me or at the pharmacy or any of the other medical things that can be dreamed up. Instead: We did the motorcycle ride to Nova Scotia, Canada and had a great time. It did whoop my butt, yup I was beat. But I am so glad I pulled it off. I have been doing more around the house, again, very tiring and seems to take for ever, I feel like I'll never catch up, but, then I see just how much I have done and realize that if I didn't have the surgury last November, I wouldn't be here to do any of it. So, to be real clear, I am very thankful to be here and be busy even at a slower pace than I would have ever believed could become my norm for me.

On July 12 this year I had another one of my contrast C-scan s done at the VT VA Hospital. For me this is now a fairly routine scan to be done every 3 months. This time however, cancer showed up in three places, 1, the upper lobe of my right lung, My right lung is the lung that already had the cancer and lower lobe removed. 2, At the split of my wind pipe between my two lungs, not the best location there is I'm sure. And last, at my trachea, not a good spot either. I enjoy being able to swallow and talking is something I also enjoy. lol  I was called by the VA Hospital to come in and see the Doc. It looked like I was headed for another regimen of a stronger chemo cocktail, but a trip to Boston VA Hospital for another C-Scan and a PET Scan was the new plan. To my surprize, Monday July 19th was the day that an appointment was squeezed in for me. Well, I got the call today from the Doc. The cancer had grown for sure, but, amazingly enough, it wasn't or isn't growing at the very aggresive rate suspected, but rather a much slower pace. Thank God. What's even more great news, I don't have to start chemo now, unlike like first planned. It seems that at my next C-Scan it will be decided if chemo should start. This is great news for me, I have my summer back, I can ride some more and if I need to start chemo in three months, well that's October and riding season is on it's last leg then anyway. "So there," cancer, you blew it again. That's YOU to the mat three times now, my hope is that you give up on me and leave. But know this, until you leave, I'm on guard and I have some pretty good doc's that know what thier doing and I have so many friends and family that are praying and thinking of me That I must say I'm surprized that you don't move on to where you might find it a bit easier for you.

I don't think I'm going to make it to Alaska this year, because I can see I still have a ways to go before I can take on a road trip like that but I have been in the wind and enoy it as much as ever. On a more positive note, I got a hair ct today. First one in a long long long time.

I'm a very lucky man to have so many folks from close and far that care about me. Your thoughts and prayers have done more for me and Sue than any of us may ever know in full. But I want you all to know this,  I and Sue are more thankful for you as my family and friends then either of us could ever express.

Sorry I rambled on. I should be hacking zzz by now

good night and good dreams to you all
Sam  aka  chappy

ps  no spell check tonight  lol
Ps 118:8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »

Thanks for checking in again.  Have been waiting for the post describing enjoying the Nova Scotia trip.  Really glad to read that. 

Hate to read the damn stuff is showing up in more places again.  No matter how it works out it is outstanding to know you'll have your summer and another riding season to enjoy. 

Don't be good, have fun, strangle the summer and make it your own.  Godspeed to the next good time :2vrolijk_21: .

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2010, 08:48:27 AM »

Sam,
I enjoyed reading your posts of your trip. Some day I would like to do NB & NS. I hope some day would get here.
My prayers are with you and Sue every day and will continue.
As for the slowing down in completing jobs, you don't have the market covered. Age has a lot to do with this as I and many others have found out. Getting older with grace ain't going to happen around here. I will complain every day about how long it takes to get things done.
Best to you and Sue!
God Bless!
Your friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »

Thanks for the update Sam. Still praying for you and your family!!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2010, 09:57:58 AM »

I continue to be inspired by your spirit, Chappy.  God Bless you and your family.  And it's great to hear of your cycle adventures!  I hope you continue to have a fantastic riding season...!!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »

Great to hear from you Sam, and glad to hear you are in the wind this summer!  Enjoy each and every day my friend, You and Sue and the family are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #386 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »

Great to here from you Chappy, God Bless you and yours.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #387 on: August 04, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

Good to hear from you.
 ;)

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #388 on: August 04, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »

I wonder how many other guys there are like me that don't say much, but are still praying for you every day?  Best to you and Sue.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #389 on: August 04, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »

I wonder how many other guys there are like me that don't say much, but are still praying for you every day?  Best to you and Sue.
I know your not alone in your quiet support HLG. Still hanging with you Sam & Sue!!!

God Bless

Howie
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 99

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 22 queries.