Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249561 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #450 on: October 19, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »

Hey Sam - reading your journey puts a lump in my throat. Nice have met you and sharing a little saddle time. Too bad you were not able to spend a few more days at the MV GTG. But now you have something to plan on for next year.

Hey, my boys and I as well as a few other CVO lads are already working on plans for a mid summers (2011) ride back in the area.
As long as you don't mind a nice - relaxed - leisurely - stopping to see views and enjoying some good local foods and beverages type of ride that tends to avoid interstates and if we get lost that is a plus type ride - you are welcome to join.

And by the way - it was pure luck - and an eye opener  :'(
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #451 on: October 19, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »

Hey Sam - reading your journey puts a lump in my throat. Nice have met you and sharing a little saddle time. Too bad you were not able to spend a few more days at the MV GTG. But now you have something to plan on for next year.

Hey, my boys and I as well as a few other CVO lads are already working on plans for a mid summers (2011) ride back in the area.
As long as you don't mind a nice - relaxed - leisurely - stopping to see views and enjoying some good local foods and beverages type of ride that tends to avoid interstates and if we get lost that is a plus type ride - you are welcome to join.
And by the way - it was pure luck - and an eye opener  :'(

My favorite kind of riding. I like to set the zumo on shortest distance from a to b. Man, I tell ya, I've seen roads I never would have other wise.
Sue and I did the lower 48, took 35 days and it was 10146 mile with less than 1000 on interstate. We hit as many National and State parks as posible. Eaven hit bike week Sturgis in the mix. Only had one set stop and that was to see a Marine in Bethesda Hospital while in rte south. It is easy to run out of favorite foods to eat on a long roadtrip though. Not much beats a home cooked steak on the grill.
Count me in on the next CVO get together, and if at all posible I'll be there with Sue I hope.

I still smile when I think about the dance you had on the Dragon's Tail. Now that was a smooth move, one to be proud of! I think Mama Bear is still shaking her head in pure wonderment that a 800 lb motorcycle can switch direction full 180 twice  while grabbing a hard left turn and then shot out of the hole like nothing happened. Now that was cool!! 

If I didn't say it yet, you really did a great job putting together the ride. I had never been on that wildlife loop. Man, even saw a big black bear. Very cool.
chappy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:30:00 PM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #452 on: October 19, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »

I am glad you had such a wonderful road trip Sam and It was a real pleasure to meet you in MV.  I hope and pray that your next bout of treatments go smooth and are very successful,  and I look forward to the next time we meet again.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #453 on: October 19, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »

I am glad you had such a wonderful road trip Sam and It was a real pleasure to meet you in MV.  I hope and pray that your next bout of treatments go smooth and are very successful,  and I look forward to the next time we meet again.

Marty
I feel the same way. I hope next time we can take a while to sit down and chat a bit. Til then, be well and lets hope for a short winter.
your friend
Sam

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »

Sam,
The report of your trip as first class. I only wish we had more time to spend together before you hit the road. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Take care my friend and give Sue a big hug from Susie and me.
God Bless
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »

Sam,

I have prayed for GOD's healing hands to be placed upon you and I look forward to future adventures together.

In the meantime be well...

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #456 on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »

Giving a shout out to see how you are doing Chappy, you and Sue are mentioned and prayed for every evening before we dig into the food that God has blessed us with, hope all is going okay and you and yours are getting along alright !    MAT

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »

Hey Sam! :2vrolijk_21:

Just lifted you and Sue up in prayer! I was looking forward to seeing you in MV and getting some pictures of you to post on the site. I didn't realize I was sitting only a couple seats from you one evening. When I walked away I mentioned I wanted to see you and they said you were right there. I went back over there and you went in already. Next morning I heard you left. Just want you to know I have been following this journey your on and want you to know I love ya! God willing we can some day meet. If your ever near the Memphis area I would love to see ya! You can stay here if you need a place to sleep. I will continue to lift you up in prayer and added you to our prayer list at church! God Bless you my friend!

John  :bananarock:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »

Hello Matt and JR,
No greater gift than when a brother lifts another in prayer.
Many thanks to both in fact all of (I don't want to leave anyone out) lol

After going through a box of pictures the other day, I saw a picture of me sent home from Bootcamp. It really got me thinking, here's what I came up with.  I hope you enjoy it.

10 REASONS WHY MY TIME IN BOOTCAMP IS LIKE MY CHEMO THREAPY
 1/  I lost all my hair
 2/  My food no longer had appeal
 3/  Lots of needles
 4/  Always felt fatigued
 5/  Always felt like I was running in circles
 6/  Always enjoyed two minutes to myself
 7/  Felt everyone over me was incompetent
 8/  Always enjoyed a card or letter
 9/  Entered with the intention of being a lifer
10/  After only a week I wondered what in the world did I sign up for

your friend
Sam

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »

Hello Matt and JR,
No greater gift than when a brother lifts another in prayer.
Many thanks to both in fact all of (I don't want to leave anyone out) lol

After going through a box of pictures the other day, I saw a picture of me sent home from Bootcamp. It really got me thinking, here's what I came up with.  I hope you enjoy it.

10 REASONS WHY MY TIME IN BOOTCAMP IS LIKE MY CHEMO THREAPY
 1/  I lost all my hair
 2/  My food no longer had appeal
 3/  Lots of needles
 4/  Always felt fatigued
 5/  Always felt like I was running in circles
 6/  Always enjoyed two minutes to myself
 7/  Felt everyone over me was incompetent
 8/  Always enjoyed a card or letter
 9/  Entered with the intention of being a lifer
10/  After only a week I wondered what in the world did I sign up for

your friend
Sam
It is that outlook and sence of humor that is the true blessing  :2vrolijk_21:

Thoughts and Prayers your way Sam & Sue

Marty

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2010, 12:45:17 AM »

Sam,  I really like number 9.     :2vrolijk_21:     Mike

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2010, 04:23:13 AM »

Now that's some funny chit there Sam. Keep your Spirits high. Keeping you in my thoughts.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad

I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #462 on: November 08, 2010, 09:35:01 AM »

Sam,
I was just thinking of you and hope this day is a good one for you.
As we head towards the Thanksgiving holiday, I am thankful to have such a good friend as you.
God Bless, my friend!
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #463 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:12 AM »

November 10, 2010

Update on Sam

Hi, this is Sam’s other half writing on his behalf. Sam has started the chemo treatments and finished cycle one of the 3-day IV infusion of the chemo treatment. As if the side effects of the chemo wasn’t enough, he had to go and get a very bad sinus infection on top of everything else. Way to go, Sam!

He did the 3 day cycle on the 18th, 19th, and 20th of October, just 5 days after getting home from his bike ride. He only wishes he could have visited with you all longer than what he was able to. This is by far, one trip that he will never forget. He talks about all of you who he finally got to meet and always has a twinkle in his eye and with the other a sparkle of a tear. It has meant so much to him to finally put a face to the many many names he has met on the 3 harley related boards that he goes too.

Well once the chemo days were up, like clockwork Sam started getting sick on day 3. By day 7 or 8 we knew something else was going on. I thought it was a cold coming on but Sam knows his body better than me I guess because he knew it was something more serious brewing. We ended up being at the VA Hospital for almost an entire day while they drew blood cultures, urine tests, chest x-rays and more blood tests. Then they wanted those good ole specimens from his lungs as well as his sinuses. Alls I can say on that and me who is an RN is “YUK”! The results were sinus infection which when on chemo is not the thing to get. For that matter, no infection is what anyone on chemo wants to get. His body has been trying to fight this thing ever since.

Sam is having a really hard time this time around. He wants to sleep a lot and his appetite is less than adequate. I told him the other night he isn’t eating enough to keep a bird alive. Isn’t that what you guys usually say to us woman when we are complaining we are too fat and want to loose weight? lolol

Sam hasn’t been up much so I told him I would write to you all to give you an update. Usually by the end of the 3rd week when he is heading into his next cycle of chemo he at least gets that last weekend where he actually starts to feel human again. Unfortunately, he starts his 2nd round of chemo this coming Monday and he is not feeling human yet. He actually got a break this time because instead of the 3 week spread, he got an extra week off because there were no docs in house on this past Monday to approve the orders for his chemo once his blood work came back, so he has a 4 week break this time. Thank goodness because I can’t even imagine how he would be feeling if he had had to start this past Monday.

Speaking as his wife, I have to tell you all that he thinks the world of all of you, friends and family members. You have given him your friendship, your encouragement, your love and most of all your prayers. What more could anyone ask for. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!! Each and everyone of you, because not only have you been there for him, but you have all been there for me as well. I couldn’t endure this road I am traveling without the support of you all. So again Thank You. Well, I thought Sam could ramble on at times and look at me. Please continue to support, encourage, love and pray for Sam as he travels down this path. At times it can become so lonely, and that is when he remembers how much we ALL care for him. God Bless You All and hopefully the next update can be from Sam. If not, I promise I will keep you all updated.

Love from both Sam and I (Sue)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2010, 07:46:41 AM »

Thank You Sue for the update and kind words.  It was an honor to finally meet Sam down in Maggie Valley and as you said put a face to the name on the site.  My heart goes out to him for the journey he must endure and also to you and the family for the support you have been to Sam.  I have talked with Sam about how he has helped me deal with what I went through with my Dad and Sam is inspiring me still, every day.  I pray that he comes through these set of treatments with flying coulors and look forward to seeing him on the road again.  My prayers are also for you and the family that you can remain strong for Sam.  Again I thank you for the update and look forward to Sam's next long-winded post.

Marty
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 99

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 22 queries.