Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249546 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #570 on: February 09, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »

Hi folks,
I finished my 3rd of 3 rounds of chemo this week. I'm home now and ready for a nap. I did manage to hack some zzzz last night, but two nights without sleep just plain wares me out. A good nap this afternoon and a good nights sleep tonight should just about chatch me up. Today is the last day for a couple of week plus that food will slide by my teeth and tongue and even the smell of the most enjoyable treats forces the desire away. So, I'm going to spilt a to-go baby back ribs Full rack with Sue for supper. She's going to make some Boston style Baked beans, sweet corn bread and cole slaw. Ya'll know what that means, nooo not that's, that's just natural (lol), what I mean is, if I can do it, I've got me a great lunch lined up for tomorrow too. Yapper, some more gas too.  lol

Take care my my friends
I'll see ya'll latter
Sam   aka   chappy
Ps 118:8

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #571 on: February 09, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »

Ribs and Beans ????  I think Sue might need the O2 tonight... lol  enjoy your meal Sam, and glad to hear you are finished for a few more weeks.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #572 on: February 09, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »

Ribs and Beans ????  I think Sue might need the O2 tonight... lol  enjoy your meal Sam, and glad to hear you are finished for a few more weeks.

Marty

Now that's funny!!
I think I can make those tanks and hoses work on a couple more lungs.  :bulb2: Good idea!!
Sam

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #573 on: February 09, 2011, 05:59:36 PM »

Great post to read Sam....that you're still managing to find the up-beat outlook on these trying times.  Pulling hard for ya, my friend.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

schmoopy

« Reply #574 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »

Hi Chappy and Sue. I'm Miker's wife. I finally set-up my own spot for several reasons. First was to say what an inspiration you both are and to send you guys my own well wishes and support. I've been following your story "from the wings". Your strength and fortitude are amazing! My other reasons are a bit more selfish... the support and comfort we get from this amazing, awesome, and generous family is priceless. Know that you are never far from my thoughts (and many others, as well). I hope you find as much comfort from this as I do. Take care and be strong!   Lisa

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #575 on: February 09, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »

Sam, we are glad to hear you finished this round of treatment....

Eat some healthy food for those of us that shouldnt eat the good-tasting stuff!

:coolblue:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #576 on: February 09, 2011, 10:43:34 PM »

Sam, I haven't been on much at all these past few months and I caught up on your thread ( most important to me ) and am glad to see your spirits are up and strong. I hope those taste buds open up and let you enjoy some good food. Hugs and prayers from us to you and yours. Keep warm and off the ice.   Mike

schmoopy

« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »

You are never far from my thoughts. Hope things are going well. If you're in one of the rough spots, I'm sending happy thoughts your way to help get you through!

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #578 on: February 22, 2011, 01:59:40 AM »

Thanks guys,
Yah, in one of those rough spots. I've found on chemo there is a spiral that falls an spins at a rate that I have little to no control over. Way back at the beginning of the exit ramp from all that was normal in my life, I struggled with the difference between depression and that that is depressing. My main focus at that time was the meds that were offered me as a solution to a problem. But, it seemed more important to me to know the cause first then if any the meds would treat the cause by name. In the end, the lable on the bottle of meds prescribed to me also stated, "take X for depression". So that end and my answer from the Docs simply was , "If cancer is depressing, you have depression." Or in other words, "It doesen't mater, just take these pills."

My problem still is as simple as it was then. The chemo downward spiral to the depressing place or depression is just that, (a downward spiral). It takes about 9 or 10 days to get there. It then stays or lasts in it's deepest and darkest place for 2 to 3 days then spirals back upward a bit each of the 9 or 10 days in small but equal amounts in an oppisite direction much like the downward spiral did after the chemo treatment. This is a cycle, a temparary revolving place, not a fixture or permanate in nature. All the pills were those that required a daily dose for 6 to 8 weeks before I would feel or notice any change. Haven't they been listening? I tire trying to explain the spiral factor that brings about the sadness or depressing thought or depression is, just about the time I am nearing the tail end of the upward spiral and what I could only then call normal during a regime of chemo treatment, well it's time to start all over again. Right now I have finally made it through the deepest darkest and am on my way back to normal, well, chemo normal that is. Well anyway, at that point I really don't want to be all droaned out on anti-depression meds, I want to enjoy being me for that short time at least. During my two regimes of chemo, I've had 26 days of chemo hooked up to me. That's 10 months of chemo out of the 14 months since chemo started. Just saying!

I have been very much sicker each chemo cycle for the last 3. The sickness has come sooner and with more vigor. Infection has been more amongst the mix of sick and a hospital stay last cycle. I seems that being admited to the hospital may become more the rule than the exception.  All along every 3 months or so, throw in a ct-scan. On this cycle of such a ct-scan it read proorly enough to have a PET scan ordered for a better look see on Feb 28 at the New Haven, Conn VA Hospital. During this cycle I've also been given oxygen at home that needs to be set at 3 liters. I am also scheduled for my next 3 day cycle of chemo on March 7,8 & 9.  Other than that I've got rings on my fingers and bells on my toes.

Can I go for a ride yet?  LOL

yout friend chappy/Sam  
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:27:04 AM by chappy »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #579 on: February 22, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »

Chappy,

Great to hear from you, you are never out of my thoughts for long.  Hang in there brother the riding season is on its way and we all will do a GTG again.

Your Friend

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #580 on: February 22, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »

Hi Sam ,  I just want you to know that the rings on your fingers are there to remind you that... like your fingers... "You" are encircled by a continuous band of friends, Family, and a higher power all pullin' for you and prayin' for you.   Now the bells on your toes... They are just there to get your attention so you will see the rings when you are "looking down".

Hang in there buddy

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #581 on: February 23, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »

Hi Sam,  You seem to be strong enough to roll with the punch's that keep nailing you - keep it up.  When that awful thing called depression comes around I have found about the only thing you can do is give it all up to God, put it all in your faith as it is all in his will. I believe, in our journey here as we go through good and bad, weather its by our choices or fate is Gods will, he is a merciful and loving God. 
 Stay strong and enjoy and love your family!

My best to you and yours, Mike 

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »

Sam, wish you the best, the road doesn't sound easy, be strong. We send you our prayers every day!

Craig

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #583 on: February 23, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »

Thinking of you Sam.  And wishing you some positive & good thoughts.  You're in my prayers.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #584 on: February 23, 2011, 09:12:47 PM »

Sam, you are an amazing man. :2vrolijk_21: It is painful to read what you are going through yet it blesses me at the same time as I read your words. There is so much love in my heart for you and Sue as I petition God on your behalf to the throne of glory! May Gods grace continue to be sufficient for you and Sue! Love ya brother, God Bless!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.