Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249621 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #690 on: May 05, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

Well I usually try to stay away from dealers, cars or Bikes, unless under warranty. In general they just charge to much for parts and service.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I've got to agree, having a warranty on the harleys I bought new has been a big plus for sure.
Any and all warranties has since expired now and I don't see any new Harleys on the horizon either.
I know thoughts on warranties vary greatly, but in my case the warranties I've bought in the past has more than paid for itself.
In my case long distance roadtrips help clock on the miles before the calendar eats up the warranty.
While on roadtrips, finding independent bike shops is a real challenge, but I've had success there as well.
I used to think that being a HOG member was a plus, but I am re-thinking that position.
I don't care about the pin and rocker patch and frankly, the map, well, let me say, "I don't need no stinking HOG Map!!!"  lol

Man, I wish I was riding!!!

your friend
Sam/chappy   
Ps 118:8

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #691 on: May 05, 2011, 04:06:26 PM »

Hi Craig,

I've got to agree, having a warranty on the harleys I bought new has been a big plus for sure.
Any and all warranties has since expired now and I don't see any new Harleys on the horizon either.
I know thoughts on warranties vary greatly, but in my case the warranties I've bought in the past has more than paid for itself.
In my case long distance roadtrips help clock on the miles before the calendar eats up the warranty.
While on roadtrips, finding independent bike shops is a real challenge, but I've had success there as well.
I used to think that being a HOG member was a plus, but I am re-thinking that position.
I don't care about the pin and rocker patch and frankly, the map, well, let me say, "I don't need no stinking HOG Map!!!"  lol

Man, I wish I was riding!!!

your friend
Sam/chappy   

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #692 on: May 05, 2011, 04:31:30 PM »

Hi Sam, hope your day is going well. I've been in alot of dealerships both in Canada and States and some just plainly want your business and others seem to not be bothered with you. It's too bad it comes down to bad blood, I only started riding a Harley in 2005 because earlier to that, when a Road King and Heritage Springer were in excess of $40K cdn, all I could do was look through the window and wish. How was it in the 70's and 80's, how was the "love"?

Hi Big Dog,

Yupper, I've traveled in Canada alot. I've been along the north side of the lakes except Thunder Bay and that's on my list of places to go. Hopefully this summer. Since I only live 2 hours from the NH-VT/Canada crossing I have seen alot of eastern Canada it's pretty easy for me travel from the New York/Canada crossings too. I'm only 2rd generation American on my fathers side. His father came to the US via Quebec Prov (American Indian, 5 Nation Tribe) then New Hampsire. My mothers Grandparents came to the US via Nova Scotia, Prov then New Hampshire. Been to New Foundland by boat without my bike, but never have ridin on two wheels there. For me the Canadian/US border is a nuisance, but that's probably the 5 tribe in me. lol

The dollar exchange doesn't prove to benifet my wallet much, so I try to keep my purchases somewhat limited. I remember the price of my 1990 FLHS Electraglide Sport, sort of the road king forerunner. Anyway, I paid $9,700.00 USD. My 1997 Heritage Springer was a different story because at time Harley couldn't make enough bikes so the price went up. The MSRP was just under $18,000.00 USD but I had to pay extra just to be the owner of the bike I wanted. Funny how that works.  lol   My 2003 Ultra Classic with extras I managed to get fro MSRP of just under $21,000.00 USD.

Far as the 70's and 80's, man, all I really remember is it was alot of work to keep up with the bills that came in. Far as "love" goes, I've been blessed there, Sue and I have been married for 36 years. Now, next to breathing, that's the longest I've done anything. lol

your friend
Sam/chappy

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #693 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »

Morning Folks,

I rode my ultra about 100 miles yesterday. It was a great first ride of the year. It really wore me out but that's OK with me, I don't mind being worn out if I earned it. lol
So far today I rode to the Post Office and the first quote arrived. It was from a fellow forum member. I won't state his name because I don't know if he would want it public knowledge.
Maybe I'll try a 2-up ride soon, I know Sue has been waiting all winter too.

your friend
Sam/chappy

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #694 on: May 07, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »

Chappy.  Good to hear that you had some fun. 100 miles is a respectable ride,keep it up. kb
kb

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #695 on: May 07, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »

Morning Folks,

I rode my ultra about 100 miles yesterday. It was a great first ride of the year. It really wore me out but that's OK with me, I don't mind being worn out if I earned it. lol
So far today I rode to the Post Office and the first quote arrived. It was from a fellow forum member. I won't state his name because I don't know if he would want it public knowledge.

your friend
Sam/chappy

So glad you got a good ride in Chappy.  I can see your grin from here.  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #696 on: May 07, 2011, 03:39:32 PM »

So glad you got a good ride in Chappy.  I can see your grin from here.  ;D har.  spyder

Thanks, I'm glad too! I am still grinning from ear to ear over the 100 mile ride,
with the exception of the huffing and puffing for a breath of air. lol

Like I stated earlier, today I rode to the Post Office and back to. Grinning more so!!
Sue's been telling me that I need more excercise then I'm getting, but I sure feel foolish walking on her aliptical (sp) wearing an O2 hose pushing 3 liters into my nose while I'm foaming from my mouth for air. LOL

But, a work out I got today!!  "GH" Howie, would be proud of me because he saw all the bugs on my Ultra when I met up with him at Wendy's in Scranton, PA last September for the rest of the ride to Maggie Valley, NC for the CVO Gatrhering.
Anyway, at that time I thought the bugs I had would surely get rained off some what and rained on they did. However, they were strong bugs and I added many more bugs on that 4500 miles roadtrip. Collecting coins or stamps might have more value, but I think collecting dead splattered bugs are way more fun to collect than coins or stamps.
Now, believe it or not, I finally washed my ultra today. I didn't wax her but she is grinning from ear to ear anyway and she's proud of me.
Me, well I'm beat, but, today I also dropped the plow off the truck and took the counter weight out of the back of the truck.
Nothing is easy it seems, it always seems to start raining in the middle of every outside task, everything seems to take longer and nothing looks as good when finished as I hoped for. lol  But, I did it and it's done. I also got a few things done on the heritage springer in preperation for her to go to th shop and get it done right.

I'm sitting down right now, I'll shower in a few minites and I'm going to take Sue out for a Mothers Day Dinner tonight.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you other Mothers out there as well.

Your friend
Sam/chappy

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #697 on: May 07, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »

Morning Folks,

your friend
Sam/chappy

Thats great Sam, wish I could have seen it.  Tell Sue to have a happy Mothers day. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #698 on: May 07, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »

Thanks, I'm glad too! I am still grinning from ear to ear over the 100 mile ride,
with the exception of the huffing and puffing for a breath of air. lol

Like I stated earlier, today I rode to the Post Office and back to. Grinning more so!!
Sue's been telling me that I need more excercise then I'm getting, but I sure feel foolish walking on her aliptical (sp) wearing an O2 hose pushing 3 liters into my nose while I'm foaming from my mouth for air. LOL

But, a work out I got today!!  "GH" Howie, would be proud of me because he saw all the bugs on my Ultra when I met up with him at Wendy's in Scranton, PA last September for the rest of the ride to Maggie Valley, NC for the CVO Gatrhering.
Anyway, at that time I thought the bugs I had would surely get rained off some what and rained on they did. However, they were strong bugs and I added many more bugs on that 4500 miles roadtrip. Collecting coins or stamps might have more value, but I think collecting dead splattered bugs are way more fun to collect than coins or stamps.
Now, believe it or not, I finally washed my ultra today. I didn't wax her but she is grinning from ear to ear anyway and she's proud of me.
Me, well I'm beat, but, today I also dropped the plow off the truck and took the counter weight out of the back of the truck.
Nothing is easy it seems, it always seems to start raining in the middle of every outside task, everything seems to take longer and nothing looks as good when finished as I hoped for. lol  But, I did it and it's done. I also got a few things done on the heritage springer in preperation for her to go to th shop and get it done right.

I'm sitting down right now, I'll shower in a few minites and I'm going to take Sue out for a Mothers Day Dinner tonight.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you other Mothers out there as well.

Your friend
Sam/chappy
:huepfenlol2: Wow, a holiday it must be ... the Ultra finally got a bath  :huepfenjump3: Hope you & Sue have a fantastic Mother's Day celebration my friend!!!

Howie

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #699 on: May 07, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »

Good onya Sam! :drink:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #700 on: May 07, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »

Good onya Sam! :drink:

Thanks Mike,

And double right back at ya.
Sorry you can't make it to Mass this year.

your friend
Sam

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #701 on: May 08, 2011, 12:03:34 AM »

WOW  :D It sounds like a great day full of activity Sam  :2vrolijk_21:  It does my heart good to here that you are so tired from things that make you so happy  :huepfenjump3:  Happy Mothers Day Sue,  I hope you have a wonderful day. 

In thoughts and Prayers

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #702 on: May 08, 2011, 01:51:51 AM »

WOW  :D It sounds like a great day full of activity Sam  :2vrolijk_21:  It does my heart good to here that you are so tired from things that make you so happy  :huepfenjump3:  Happy Mothers Day Sue,  I hope you have a wonderful day. 

In thoughts and Prayers

Marty

Thanks Marty's, It does my heart good too, but the truth is, you guys are amazing to let me draw off of your strength with the thoughts and prayers and words of such encouragement you all send me daily.

Sometimes I ponder, what would it be like to walk this path without all of you. My conclussion is, I think I'd pretty much be an empty shell. Reading your posts have become such a big part of my life. Just a few years ago I wouldn't have been one to understand. Fact is, I'm not sure I understand it fully now. lol But, As I've tried in the past, only to find that I just can't express the graditude and thankfulness I have for so many friends here on CVO Forums and 2 other forums as well.

I am amazed how many members here are also members on one or both of the other Forums I visit. I have met and rode with more of you guys than I can count. You have had a fund raising thread here on my behalf. I've had so many phone calls from members, that I'm sure I can't even count them all. The snail mail and giftpackages sent to me, e-mails, and PMs are beyond belief. Let alone the regular thread posts of conversation all add up to hundreds and hundreds of you guys. All I can say is, I'm a better man because of all you guys. Thanks for being my friends, I hope you you are blessed for the blessing that you all have been to me and Sue.

your friend
Sam/chappy

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #703 on: May 08, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »

Good to see you got out to ride. Had to do you a lot of good just to get out and get some wind in your face.  :pepper:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #704 on: May 09, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »

Sam,
I'm just catching up on my site reading. I worked all weekend delivering Mothers Day gifts. ( long story )
Anyway Happy Mothers Day Sue!
Good to hear that you got to ride but, clean your bike? :'( I can't believe what I read! :confused5:
I haven't gotten that bored yet.
Hope you and Sue get to ride this week.
God bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.