Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249478 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #750 on: June 26, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »

Hey Chappy, so good to hear from you and esp. since you've been able to log in a bike ride.....a good one, even with the scooter problem.  Sorry Sue's under the weather.  Is that MC Tour of the Battlefield something that Battlefield HD arranges or something that was just for this one group.  I've spent numerous bike trips to Gettysburg, but was unaware of a special tour for motorcycles.  Ride safe.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #751 on: June 26, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »

Hi Guys,
Sue says thanks!  She is feeling better, you know, just the usual ups and downs that life can toss at you.
Yup, bikes sure do add to the adventure and excitement that is often missed when traveling by other means.
I'm glad I took the ride, I don't have the get up and go I had last year at this time but some is always better than none.
I too have been to Gettysburg several times and I learn something new every time.
The MC tour was awesome and I'd do it again.
Here's the link:
http://gettysburgmuseum.com/event_detail.asp?event_id=633
your friend
Sam 
Ps 118:8

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #752 on: June 27, 2011, 09:52:04 AM »

Sam,
Glad you got your ride in and had a good time, sorry you got wet. Sue feeling better is a good thing and hope she can make the next trip.
Look forward to seeing both of you in Maggie Valley in Sept.
Ride Safe, and God Bless My Friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #753 on: June 28, 2011, 02:12:21 AM »

Hi Mikey,

Roadtrip 2  cruze out through NY and stop in and see GH and maybe go a bit further and see the falls once again.
Roadtrip 3  cruze down south to MV again to see my CVO Family once again.
I'm hoping Sue will be with me on both trips.
If I can pull off this meger roadtrips I will feel like a lucky puppy.
I see the Onc DR in the morning after a CT-scan that was moved up for Tuesday rather than Friday. The hope is to see what's brewing in my lungs.
Awful nasty stuff coming up with a deep hard cough. So deep, sometimes I see stars.
I'll let you know what comes of it.
your friend
Sam

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #754 on: July 01, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »

Chappy,

I want to wish you and Sue a great fourth of July my friend.  Keep us informed of your rides, it is very inspiring to my soul.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #755 on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »

Hi Chains,
Thanks and I hope a Happy Independence to you as well.

I did get the call from the Oncologist today. I was in deep sleep so Sue took the call.
I'll write a post with details and results as soon as I'm feeling a little better.

Thanks again my friend
Sam/chappy

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #756 on: July 02, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »

Hi Mikey,

Roadtrip 2  cruze out through NY and stop in and see GH and maybe go a bit further and see the falls once again.
Roadtrip 3  cruze down south to MV again to see my CVO Family once again.
I'm hoping Sue will be with me on both trips.
If I can pull off this meger roadtrips I will feel like a lucky puppy.
I see the Onc DR in the morning after a CT-scan that was moved up for Tuesday rather than Friday. The hope is to see what's brewing in my lungs.
Awful nasty stuff coming up with a deep hard cough. So deep, sometimes I see stars.
I'll let you know what comes of it.
your friend
Sam
     Hi Sam  :)
              Glad to here that everything worked out with the Bike and that Sue is feeling better.  Really glad to here that you are able to get your face out into the wind (and rain :().  When you make the next trip, and if you make it up to The Falls, let me know so maybe We can hook up with you and go for a tour.

In my thoughts and Prayers

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #757 on: July 02, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »

Hi Sam  :)
              Glad to here that everything worked out with the Bike and that Sue is feeling better.  Really glad to here that you are able to get your face out into the wind (and rain :().  When you make the next trip, and if you make it up to The Falls, let me know so maybe We can hook up with you and go for a tour.
In my thoughts and Prayers

Marty
Now that would be very cool, I hope to pull this roadtrip together this month. It would be gret to see you and intro you to Sue.
I'll keep you informed
Sam

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #758 on: July 02, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »

Glad to see you got out and had a good ride even with the battery problem. Hopefully I can make that MC tour one of these days.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #759 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:31 AM »

Howdy CVO Family and Friends,

Part 1 of 4  
A long one off the top of my head, please bare with my babble

Here’s the update that has been on hold for several days while I put together a healthier and less fatigued body. As I stated in the past I just can’t seem to bounce back as well after this second regime of chemo as I did after the first regime of chemo a year prior. I finished this last regime in March this year and had the usual follow-up ct-scan, blood work and Oncologist visit in April. Shortly after that check-up I found out that the six months of chemo that I had finished just a month earlier hadn’t had the same and equal affect in the fight against my cancer that the first regime of chemo had. It was also ruled that my body or I should say, my fast growing healthy cells had suffered the usual toxic assault that is expected on both my fast growing healthy cells as well as my fast growing cancer cells while I am receiving a regime of chemotherapy.

That explains why I was so sick and tired during and after my second regime of chemo. I had looked forward to a few m/c road trips all winter long and I really didn’t want cancer to rob me of my dreams. What’s funny is that so many other things join in the mix to stop, slow or at least get in the way of plans, hopes and dreams. As usual, that they did and with the greatest of detail. But, with much delight I was able to make it to Mud’s for the June 2011 Heritage Springer gathering and Battlefield Run in Gettysburg, PA. I finally was able to leave on my ’97 Heritage Springer mated to my ’95 California sidecar although a day later than planned.  I got there, Man, was it good to see so many friends again and finally made face to face so many others. The ride did kick my butt, and the bed in my room did feel pretty good. Since I got in Friday evening at about 8:30 pm and after check-in and get my stuff to my room (with some help from my friends) it was about 9:30 and I was ready for to sleep. I was to beat to head home Sunday morning at 5:45 with BigPete. It was my loss. I missed riding with BigPete in both directions, but I did have the honor of riding with him and many others while I was there. Did I mention that not only the company was great, the food and the music was the best ever too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:53:58 AM by chappy »

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #760 on: July 07, 2011, 12:44:20 AM »

Part 2 of 4
Needless to say I hasn’t only beat from the ride, the 4+ hours delay in PA after the terrible pile up on I-84 west just before crossing the bridge into NY and after the battery mishap as I barely made my way back into the New England States Monday early afternoon and then the very early 4 am arrival home on Tuesday. I was still very beat from the chemo treatment and the fact that it didn’t work weighed heavy on my mind and heart also. Now that I was home it was time to get back with the program and that meant I had to keep my Oncology appointment on July 1st. It seemed reasonable enough but as so many times before, my plans changed as I got sicker. I was rescheduled for the Tuesday before, as it all turned out it was a good plan because I had another chest infection. I have now been on an anti-biotic for 7 or 8 days of the prescribed 10 days. The nasty stuff I was coughing up has all but gone away. The fever and sweats I had are gone and I feel a lot better than I did. I am a lucky man to have such friends as Kevin and Warren who came down to Ellington, CT with a trailer and brought me and my broken bike the rest of the way home. I still haven felt rested enough for a dinner out with us three guys and our wives as a token of gratitude. Hopefully that will happen very soon. Anyway, I haven’t forgotten guys and Thanks again to both of you. I slept for a couple days after I got home.

Yesterday was the first day this summer that the boat got into Lake Sunapee. It ran good and it was a nice and relaxing time for just Sue and I. Oh, our boxer Radar went along for the ride too. Man, it took all I had to get the ol’ boat off the trailer at the boat ramp. I’m glad it loaded back up much easier after the four hour cruise. Don’t you know that something hadn’t gone wrong, at least not yet. My truck that doesn’t get that many miles on it is the work horse in my haul, push or pull needs and towing the boat is one of the tasks. But, yesterday, the rear brakes locked up as I was leaving the lake boat ramp. Well, I’m not one to be held back so I gave it a little more fuel peddle and that DuraMax Diesel and Allison tranny doesn’t lack in get up and go and that’s just what I got. I also got a snap and then heard several bells sounding off at that same time loads of red lights came on in the dash display. Whoops, all I wanted was my first boat ride of the year and then have an uneventful ride home, but NOOOO, what I got was a limp brake peddle. It went to the floorboard. These newer ABS brakes are nice and all but, why did they have to go and take away the “pump up the peddle: feature or the nice fix it in a pinch with a quick roll in reverse ended with slamming on of the brakes for the needed brake adjustment. Oh well, it off to the shop next Tuesday for that repair. It’s always something.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:53:27 AM by chappy »

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #761 on: July 07, 2011, 12:47:31 AM »

Part 3 of 4
Today Sue and I took a 5 hour putt on the ultra. It was the first ride since I have been home since PA. I just can’t seem to get my energy level to come up. The ride whooped me. Me rode all around a big black cloud all afternoon and managed to keep it at a comfortable distance. I’ve pulled that off plenty of times and it’s pretty easy if you know the roads, rivers, the hills, the Mountains and how long it takes to get from point A to point B, or C, D, E or any other point needed to miss the direction the cloud is traveling. Like I said, pretty easy, with one exception, that being the exception of hunger causing you the need to stop and get refreshed. Today, I dealt with the hunger factor and you won’t believe it, we made it home with the blackest of skies and only a few drops hit us. But we no sooner got into the garage and crack the loudest thunder snapped right overhead. The kind of thunder crack that makes your hair on your neck stand on end.

Now I’ll get back to my Oncologist visit that was 3 days early because I was so sick. I think the persistence of my wife and her handiwork on the phone was much the reason I got in early. The blood work showed that I sure enough am tired but not so much so that I need to be admitted. The antibiotics should handle the infection and the accompanying fever and chills and even some of the plain old sick and tired too. The worst part I guess would have to be the ct-scan results. Seems this cancer is stronger and sneakier than first thought and able to mutate it’s form so the chemo that worked so well during the first regime wasn’t able to touch it during the second regime. There is some good news, it doesn’t look like there’s any new tumors, but that good news loses it’s excitement when the bad news is that the tumors in my lungs have increased in size by nearly 50%. I see  the Oncologist again on August 2 I think and more of the same then I suppose. For now, it’s no more chemo for me, at least not the cocktail I had before. I might be able to get a different mixture and or amount with varying rounds and cycles. One drug has sounded like a plus, maybe… It’s called Sutent. I looked it up on google and like so many times before the information flows a few feet over my head, so I’ll let someone tell me about it that has skills in the layman department.

I’ve used lots of O2 since I’ve been home and had to bring eight empty bottles to WRJ, VT and exchange them for full bottles. I like the lady that works in the office there. Even though all the truck were out she helped me. I told her that I like the stick it in my nose better than the nose and mouth covering device that I also have. I explained that the puffer type nose type is tough for me because I don’t seem to inhale strongly enough to set of the puff of O2. She looked me right in the eyes and said, “you’re a mouth breather aren’t you?” I said yup, I guess I am. She said with a nice smile, “Well then, keep your mouth shut!”.  We both got a good laugh. I guess I was ready for a laugh, in fact, I like to laugh, however, I just don’t seem to laugh as much as I used to.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:18:22 AM by chappy »

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #762 on: July 07, 2011, 12:51:39 AM »

Part 4 of 4
Not sure if ya’ll remember me telling you guys a continuing story of the Radiation Bill for the radiation consult. Anyway, there was a SNFU with the paperwork between the VA medical system and the nearby Hitchcock hospital that was going to give me radiation before it was decided that I couldn’t get radiation in the areas that really needed it most. It took months and lots of running around and it finally seemed to be resolved. Until today that is, when yet another bill for a Radiation Consultation was sent to my house. Now to add to the mess, the Dr that originally ordered the consult doesn’t even work with the VA system any more. I want to laugh at this but it makes me to angry when I think of how many hours Sue and I have spent trying to fix this mess and now once again it’s back to square one. I try so hard to get all the ducks in a row and I’m positive that if getting ducks in a row is really needed, it would be much more time effective to just shoot all the ducks first and then neatly place them in a row. Now, you all must know that I’m not thinking of shooting anyone connected with the medical field. Well, maybe thinking, but certainly, I not planning such an event. Lol  But, where do they find some of these people and why do they get paid so well.

Louie Anderson, a great funny man that left this old place way to soon once said, or maybe he said it a lot, but anyway, here goes. “I wish I had me a gun, so the people that bugged me I could shoot them dead. I don’t mean Dead-Dead, I mean that they’d only stay dead for 10 minutes or so. And some of those buggers, I’d hang around just so I could shoot them again.”  I must admit, I think I have met several of the same people as Louie. How about you? I hope I’m not on your hit list.

Well so long for now
Dad, Sam, chappy, friend           

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #763 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:44 AM »

Hi Chappy,  It's been a while since I've been on and I looked forward to your update, Sandra and I continue to pray for you, Sue,and your family. It's nice to see you've been out on the bike, that is a great thing. We hope you and the family are having a good summer in New Hampshire and things are as good as we all can make them. Stay positive and we will continue our prayers for you and yours!  Till next time, MAT

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #764 on: July 07, 2011, 03:49:21 AM »

Hi Chappy,  It's been a while since I've been on and I looked forward to your update, Sandra and I continue to pray for you, Sue,and your family. It's nice to see you've been out on the bike, that is a great thing. We hope you and the family are having a good summer in New Hampshire and things are as good as we all can make them. Stay positive and we will continue our prayers for you and yours!  Till next time, MAT

Hi Mat, How could anyone read your words and not see the gift of truthful compation and prayer from a Man and his Wife for another Man and his Wife.
Somehow, Thanks just doesn't seem to be enough. Sue and I are Blessed with you as our friends.
Give each other a hug for me and Sue.
be well
your friend
Sam/chappy
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 99

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 22 queries.