Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249626 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #780 on: August 09, 2011, 06:31:03 AM »

As always, I can't say thanks enough for all the thoughts and prayers. I know that your prayers are not going unanswered.
The fact that I and others of our cvo family are still kicking proves that.
I plan to make it to MV and am counting on seeing and having followship with so many that care far beyond that which most could understand and Sue and I thank you all so much.

Man, sometimes I am amazed how fast time flies. My last post I wrote that I will have another c-t scan around August 2 and what I meant to say was September 2. Hard to believe it's already Aug 9th.

Talk again soon
your friend
Sam
I'm so looking forward to MV this Fall and seeing you and possibly meeting Sue is one of the biggest reasons.  :) Prayers for you this morning my friend.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #781 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:32 PM »

Hello Family & Friends,

I hope all is well with you and yours.
Things here have been a twisting road lately.
I had my last Oncology visit a couple Fridays ago. Had all the usual blood tests and the full once over. I was told that I should expect another appointment in September some time and that visit would include a CT-scan as well. The Doc had me get a chest x-ray at the VA Hospital before I left. So, I did. I still haven't heard how the x-ray came out but I did get a call from the VA a few days ago informing me that I had a CT-scan appointment for yesterday. I kept the appointment and to tell the truth, I'm a bit anxious about the whole thing. The wait for info is the pins and needles that I have come to expect.
I've been cleaning out the garage the last couple weeks. Long story short; I just don't want Sue to get stuck doing it. Or worse yet, having Sue call someone else to do it for her. Yikes, I mean double Yikes even! I've come to a place where I am sure it's time for me to sell off many of the things I have enjoyed in life. I will list several of the Heritage Springer and other motorcycle accessaries and parts I have for sale in the "For Sale" topic later.
This leads me to the hardest decision I've made when it comes to selling something I own. Yep, I'm going to sell my 1997 Heritage Springer. I bought her new and without a doubt, she's been my favorite bike ever. I'm going to sell her with the sidecar or separately. I know that I want $2,000.00 for the sidecar on or off my HS. But, here's my dilemma. I don't know what to ask for the HS without the sidecar. The blue book doesn't help much in my case because I have put over $10,000.00 into her (not counting the sidecar)since last September. Yupper, again, Over $10K Since September of 2010. This list of parts and labor include a Titled chrome/black HD Factory Crate EVO Motor. And now for the kicker, I've only put just over 1300 miles on since the New Fatory crate motor last September. The one trip I rode her was to the Gettysburg Gathering at Mud's home in PA. In addition, I've also put over $8K in parts on her since I bought her new. I have a list of parts in prices for any request. Any help I could get on what to ask as a reasonable price for both me and the buyer would be deeply appreciated.
Here's some info that details the upgrades since last September.

"One Owner" 1997 Heritage Springer Red on White

New Parts with labor:

Factory Crate Motor 1320 EVO with NH title
09/03/2010 mileage 59313 wo# 24874 $6,264.00

Rear shocks, Progressive adjustable heavy duty chrome
03/23/2011 mileage 59336 wo# 25836 $872.33

Tripletree rebuild Front Shock
03/23/2011 mileage 59336 wo# 25836 $1,262.45

Complete Front End Rebuild with shock
Front & Rear www Tires, tubes and liners mileage 59,381
05/20/2011 mileage 59,381 wo#021098 $1,440.15

Front & Rear brakes & fluid 06/16/2011
06/16/2011 mileage 59,780 wo# 98577520 $177.36

New Battery
06/22/2011 mileage 60,689.2 (I had a new one in the garage) $100.00 ?

Labor and Parts are included with work orders above.
All parts related to the stroker motor have been removed from this list.
Sept. 2010 – Aug. 2011
total mileage 1,376
total repair & upgrade $10,016.29
Currant 08/03/2011 OD reading 60,689.2
Sept/2010 – Aug/2011 work orders listed above
total $10,016.29

As mentioned above, beside the detailed list for the last 12 months there is also over $8K in accessaries and parts on my HS.

If any of you are interested in my '97 red on white beauty send me a pm.

Thanks in advance for your help.
your friend
Sam aka chappy

Ps 118:8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #782 on: August 18, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »

Sam,
As hard a pill as it is to swallow (apologies for the bad pun) upgrades don't mean much at resale.  The bike's value is the bike's value.  All the upgrades we do are mostly for our own benefit while in use and our detriment when it's time to sell the bike to the next owner.  The new engine will help you some.  But the rest...  unfortuantely... not so much.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #783 on: August 18, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

Sam,

I agree with Twolane, as a matter of fact sometimes you are better off to remove the items you put on and put the stockers back, that is if you still have them.  That way you can sell the chrome to someone else and recoup a little cash.

Are you going to make it to Maggie Valley?

God bless you Brother
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #784 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

Sam,

I agree with Twolane, as a matter of fact sometimes you are better off to remove the items you put on and put the stockers back, that is if you still have them.  That way you can sell the chrome to someone else and recoup a little cash.

Are you going to make it to Maggie Valley?

God bless you Brother
I'm still hopeing to make it to MV. I doubt I'mm pull it off on two wheels. But four wheels is better than none my friend. lol
Sam

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #785 on: August 18, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »

I know you're hating to part ways with the evo springer.  Neat bike.  But, alas, I have to agree that you're prolly going to 'eat' most of that $$$ spent on 'upgrades', although it may in fact help you make the sale to someone who otherwise wouldn't be that interested.  When a bike has some miles on it, the 'freshening up' of things like tires, battery, shocks, etc, tend to move the value back up in the top of the book range.  This is in my estimation only.  All it takes is one buyer....the right one.....and you'll do OK.  I know that pricing the bike is extremely hard, but ask around to see what others close to like it have been selling for and then just extrapolate as best you can.  Good luck.  I'll mention it to any and everyone that might lead to something for ya.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #786 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »

If any of you are interested in my '97 red on white beauty send me a pm.

Sam,

Give Natascha a call she will work something out to help you get it sold, she is really a good marketing person and gets a ton of traffic through her store since she is sole owner.

Love you man
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #787 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:58 AM »

Hello my family and friends,

Its my continuing hope that all is well with you and yours.

It’s late at night and I was in bed just tossing thoughts against my inner forehead wondering what would stick, as I’m sure we have all had our time in thought before we drift of to sleep. Tonight was one of those nights. Well I guess it’s now morning not night, but anyway, here goes something that I’m sure is probably way over due.

I have had a thought that has come to the surface while kicking around all the thoughts that come and go before sleep captures the mind and REM sends the mind to another room down the hall somewhere. This thought that has come so many times in my adult life, I never really dwelt on it nor did it bother me in any way but nonetheless the thought would visit often enough that I could remember thinking about it before. Now I will put it into a document format.

I’m pretty sure most of you know that I am an ordained Minister. It in its self isn’t really that big of a deal. It just means I’m a servant. Where the big deal comes in is “Who” I’m a servant of and to. By my business e-mail addy chaplain4jc@yahoo.com it’s plain to see that I am a servant of or 4jc, Jesus Christ and a servant to every creature under the sun, but I’d like to think I specialize in the human race. Most Ministers are thought of as Pastor, Preacher or Priest or somewhere along that line. I started young and haven’t always been as straight and narrow as I wanted to be. Most of the time I have been “am” a stumbling bumbling fool learning as I go. I went into the Chaplain field. I don’t Pastor a church or have a congregation. What I have is Jails, Prisons, Hospitals, Memorial Services, Funerals and on a ligther note; Youth Groups, Young Adult Groups, Family Visitation and Weddings to name several of the mixed bag that I have had the honor to have part in.  I have no regrets at all and yes, at time the road was very rough other times not so rough. However, during all that time that recurring thought that comes to me over and over through the decades has paid me a visit tonight/this morning.

When I think about my Pastor friends I sometimes think, wow, what a great time that Pastor or that other pastor is having with his congregation. The thought continues, Uhh, I don’t have a congregation. But the truth is as it hit me today. If all those Pastor, Priests and Rabbis I bump shoulders with while I do my rounds knew about me, I think they might be tempted to be jealous. I did say “might be tempted”. I know that there are folks in those Pastors churches praying for the well being of the Pastor, there is. Some churches are big too. But I thought on it long enough tonight to come as full an understanding that my little mind can wrap itself around. I have people thinking about me and my well being and all of ya’ll that pray to the Holy Father in Jesus name on my behalf. Many have brought me up in their own church and that congregation would all pray together on my behalf. Your prays have spread like wild fife and Yes even literally to the corners of the world. Let me tell ya’ll from the bottom of my heart, “THANK YOU!!!” Prayer works, not always how we think it should but prayer works. My Oncology Dr. told me in September of 2009, “If everything worked, the surgery, the radiation and the chemo, I might have two years to live.” We’re only 10 days from the two limit he gave me. Honestly, I don’t much feel like dying any time soon. Don’t get me wrong, I know that all 3 things didn’t go well, the Surgeon only got what he could, I was unable to have Radiation and though the first 4 months of chemo went well (yuck), the next 6 months of chemo didn’t work at all. I know that I’m sicker this summer than I was last summer and it’s clear to me that I am getting sicker. BUT!! I have had family and friends and congregations from around the world praying on my behalf. And I’m still alive and doing pretty good for what I’m dealing with, according to what my Oncologist says. Well, my faithful family and friends near and far; Here I am and It’s All Your Fault. Thank you, all of you.

Please make a copy and give it to your Pastor and let him read this glory and praise report and be sure to thank everyone that you know that took time to pray for me.

You know there’s one that comes to rob, kill and destroy, but fear not, there’s another that came to give life and give it more abundant (as in eternal)

Thank you so much

I am hid in Christ

Sam Legasse   aka   chappy

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #788 on: August 21, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »

Thanks to you Chappy, for being Chappy.  I continue to pray for you and I'm looking forward to seeing you in MV soon.  :) spyder

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #789 on: August 21, 2011, 08:53:43 AM »

Sam :

I am reading your post this morning with tears in my eyes.  Not tears of sorrow for you but of Joy... Joy in the faith that you live in... Joy in the comfort you extend to all the hearts you touch... Joy in the inspiration you continue to give to me personally as I remember the struggles that my Dad endured.  In your post if I may quote you, you say "I don’t Pastor a church or have a congregation" ... Well please allow me to correct you in this statement.  I believe that so many "Pastors" treat their calling more as a job than a mission in life.  So much so that it has driven me away from many "Churches".  You have taken your calling and allowed yourself to be of service to JC where it is needed the most.  I like to think of you as having the "Largest Congegation" that could possibly exist... A Congegation of ONE!  You share with so many people, all over the globe, an inspirational attitude that is more powerful than any sermon could be, on any given Sunday.   What I read in one of your posts, and relate to my life, another person will read and relate something different in relation to thier life.  A Congregation of ONE ...  Whether that person you are reaching out to is in prison, an old folks home, on one of the sites you belong to, a tow truck driver or a couple of weather beaten bikers in a motel room in Maggie Valley,  is the largest Congregation in the world... One person at a time!!!! 

I too would like to thank you Chappy for being Chappy and we continue to keep you and Sue and the family in our thoughts and prayers.

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »

Sam,
You have a very large congregation here at CVO Harley that loves and respects you. We admire your strength and true friendship. I for one have been brought closer to God and our Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you for being there for us and allowing us to be a part of you family.
As always, you and Sue are in our prayers.
See you and Sue in Maggie Valley.
God bless my friend and Happy Trails,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »

Sam,

You are a guiding light to all of us.  It is through you many of us that are not church going people get one on one time with JC.  Your faith and strong will has led us all to get  a little closer with the Lord through prayer, faith and just plain goodness to others.

When I first read of the road you were going down I was inspired to prayer, something I had not done in a long time.  Thank you Sam for bringing the Lord back into my life.

For knowing you I am a better person.  I will continue to pray for you and all the others in the world that are in need as you have shown me the path.

Thank you my friend

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #792 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:33 AM »

I'm still pulling for the MV in September. Sue has never seen the foilage. Can't wait, at lest I hope!!
And I hope to see all you there
your firend Sam

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #793 on: August 23, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »

Hello Folks,

As always, I want to keep ya’ll in the loop and usually shortly after I receive any new info concerning my battle against the cancer that has become my official permanent bunkmate since September 2009. Well, earlier this afternoon I received a phone call from Dr. O’Donnell my Oncology Doc. He called to answer my request for info regarding the chest x-ray on Friday Aug 5th as well as the quick follow-up CT-scan that I had done about a week latter. And here it is another week later already. Anyway, I repeated everything he said, his statements and his answers to my many questions so Sue who was listening to the one sided conversation could take notes and then write down all that she could. As time has gone on I have more and more difficulty remembering all that was said.

Well here is the short of a much longer conversation. But first let me tell you something; I have stated many times that my Oncology Doctor is an optimist just like my wife. It’s not a bad thing to have optimists around someone like me when I’m such a realist. But, I did wonder if my Doc was of the type of man that would really let me know if things were Bad, instead of the very optimistic point of view that includes the tiring phrase, “it could be worst”. Because that phrase really doesn’t make me feel better at all. lol  Today’s call from my Onc Doc answered my concern with the elimination of all doubt. He is perfectly ready, willing and able to shoot the straight poop. He started by asking to speak to me, usually he would chat with Sue and answer any of her questions when he called, however, Nope, today he asked for me. After the niceties with the hellos and great to talk to you sort of stuff the conversation went into a somber tone and he said, “I’m sorry to be calling with such bad news I wish it were better.” Well, let me tell you, that got my attention.

He added, the x-rays showed the tumors that have invaded my lungs have grown and are now growing outward of my lungs and through the lung lining. Because x-rays are inferior to ct-scan and he wanted that ct-scan sooner rather than latter. He also explained that this tumor growth was confirmed with the ct-scan and that is what is causing all the extra and increasing pain.

There will not be any more ct-scans or PET scans except maybe after and if another chemo drug cocktail is agreed upon and I choose to go forward with the chemo regime. Those future ct-scans nad or PET scans would be only to see if the new chemo regime is having a positive effect.

Dr O’Donnell would like to see me on another chemo regime as soon as my blood test allow and hopefully as early as September. I told him, if I even choose to do any more chemo, I definitely will disagree to start until this summer is over. I reminded him how long of a wait it was for this summer while being on chemo for 6 months of winter (Oct-Mar) prior to. I explained I Will Not go through that again. An appointment is set for Sept 2 and I think I’ll bump that to October just for a good grace measure to allow summer to have it’s Indian Summer revisit.

He told me that he will search for any info on trail drugs that might have shown some positive response and we talked about a list of 36 trials going on right now. But with a little overview it was clear to see that I didn’t qualify for any, No, not one of them. The only good point of the trails is to look at the outcome and see if I have a chance of the drug cocktail doing anything positive for me. So, it looks like more hopeing and waiting. But, that is sure better than the alternative. But, time will tell, we are all bound to the tick and tock of time. Enjoy ever second you have, it might be your last.

I asked him about my breathing and pointed out that at times it’s very hard to catch my breath. I also explained that at times without notice I seem to take and extra breath, a very deep one. It’s sort of the type of breath you would take if you were startled. Not scared, just a startled type of breath inward, but, for me at those times of the inward breath much deeper than just a startled breath. His response was it could be that my right side diaphragm if firing off. That seems to be something that is common with the type of diaphragm damage that I have and it’s just another one of those things. Oh well, Just another one of those things. Seems I have a cookie jar full of those things, what’s one more?

All in all, not a great call, however, I do get comfort now knowing that my Onc Doc will be and is straight with me. That concern was heavy on my mind and it is a lighter load now.

So, what’s the plan: Time for a motorcycle ride. Headed for the southland. I have two friends that are tying the knot on Sat the 27th and I plan to have Sue and I there, heat, wind, rain, earthquake, hurricane or not. If I can keep up the pace, Sue and I will be there. So If I don’t answer my phone or get back to quick by e-mail, don’t worry, I’ll be somewhere on two wheels with a smile on my face.

Til the next post
Thanks again for your support
My warmest wishes to all of you
Dad, Sam, chappy, friend 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #794 on: August 23, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »

Thanks for the quick update, Sam.  I'll be continuing the prayers & thoughts for ya, my man, and hope you enjoy your ride into the teeth of the hurricane Irene.  Just carry your best raingear.  :vrolijk_1: har.  spyder
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 22 queries.