Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249550 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #870 on: September 28, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »

Hey Sam - good visit in MV this past weekend. We are still on the road, I'll be heading north most likely tomorrow. Which way you guys heading up and when do you think you will be on the road - and where?
Good chance we may be on 81.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #871 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »

Sam, it was really nice meeting you in MV. Have a safe trip the rest of the way home.     

Sharp
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #872 on: October 02, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »

Howdy Folks,

Sue and I are home, safe and sound, well safe any way, not sure about the sound part. We are some tired. I think the cold and wet helped keep me awake during the last couple days of the ride.

Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes. Sue and I are finally home. We got here around 12:30-1:00 today. I got the stuff in the house and laid my head down and out I went. I think I woke myself up a few times with my snoring. I woke up just a little bit ago and am going to have me a bite to eat now.
We had a great time on the re-trip of the southland loop. It was so good to see so many of you and ride some miles with other also. I wish Sue and I could have seen more of you and spent more time visiting, but as you all know well, the clock waits for no man. And don't the time fly. I don't have any details, other than I am a blessed man. That's what the owner at the Travalowes Motel told me when I went to square up. I don't know who to thank for covering my room in MV, but the Owner told me part of the deal was is that he not tell me who was behind it. So, thanks to you who did such a wonderful thing for Sue and I.
I didn't look much at a computer on the way home so sorry for the delayed reply. Hey Porthole, sorry we didn't meet up on I-81. I don't think we could have been much more than one long day of riding apart. I look forward to riding with you all again. It's only 360 days or so til the next MV gathering.
Well I'm going to crash again and when I get my thoughts in order I'll write back with a review of the road trips. Funny, they were both very simalar and in my mind they both may become one trip but that's OK too. I think they total somewhere around 25 days. This trip was just over 4k and I figur last one was around 3k. But, without all of you, it would have been just so many miles, you guys maid it a roadtrip to remember.
more to come later
chappy
Ps 118:8

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #873 on: October 02, 2011, 07:13:40 PM »

Sam,
Glad you and Sue made it home safe and sound.
Enjoyed our visit and look forward to the net one.
God Bless My Friend.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #874 on: October 02, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »

Glad you made it home safe, sleep well my friend.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #875 on: October 03, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »

Howdy Mike and Chains,
It was such a great time to see you guys and so many more also.
I knew I'd see Mike and Suzi, but Chains, well, I didn't see the Mrs with you but it was certainly a pleasure to see you, please give my best to the better half and hope to see you both on the next get togeather.
sincerely
Sam  aka  chappy

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #876 on: October 04, 2011, 07:02:45 PM »

Thanks Eagle Riders, You know how you are, and amazingly, there are way to many to name here. Truth is, I don't feel alone on my rides either. I know, I know, Sue was with me, but, truthfully, I feel as though others are with me. The many prayers for Sue and I have brought so many of you guys right in the riding lane with me. And that brings a smile to my face. I took the total miles (just under 8000 miles) of the back to back roadtrips and the total days on the road (26 days) out of 36 days. I was home for about 10 days before Sue and I headed out again. Anyway, I went to yahoo maps and ploted out just under the mileage we had and came up with a different look at roughly the same miles. Here goes, Starting at home in Sunapee, NH then south to Jacksonville, FL then west to San Diego, CA then north to Seattle, WA and east home to Sunapee, NH. That mileage total is 7816.4 miles and that's still about 200 miles less than we rode between the back to back roadtrips. Not bad for a couple of tired folks on a tired 2003 Ultra. lol

The temps ranged from low 30s to over 100 degrees F. Didn't get snowed on but it was mighty close to me in the highlands of NC, TN and W.VA. Yup, it snowed there just a day behind me being there while I was on my way back to the rain and cold of the northeast. Burrr and wet and had a steady wind from the north. All what you have heard about the north winds is true, yupper "cold". The first loop south was a ride to remember, the earthquake in VA, skirting the Hurricane Irean to the east and the wind and rain from the west as we headed south. We crossed equal latitude with Irean in the NC area and the heat and humidity went skyhigh. We headed more south into GA and made it to Savannah and more heat and humidity. Rode north and caught up with the rain of Irean and had 3 tornados hit ahead of us as we headed east on I-90 through NY state right into the flood damage of Irean in VT espeacially but in NH too and had to become very creative to find our way home over the hump of the Vt mountains on some back roads. Finally made it home and decided to do it all again while hopeing for better weather. No earthquakes or tornados, but the rain was pounding at times and the wind was pretty strong too. At times I could only navigate by the tail lights ahead and a little faith that the car ahead of me at least had wipers to clear the windshield and could see better than me because I couldn't even see the road at times. lol. Here I am so my plan worked. lol I was able to ride with some of the best friends anyone could hope for and got to visit with the same for days on end. Life is good. Other than some talk from time to time about my cancer and the pain that has become a daily routine for me while I fight this beast, I nearly forgot about the cancer all together. And after all, roadtrips by design are made to help clear the cobbwebbs of the mind, body and soul and bring back the smile that is so often ripped from our face when life comes at us fast. But, fast back at it, can reverse the negitive effect and force a smile on the face of the enemy. So I'm left to say to cancer, "SO THERE!!!" lol I'm still putting my thoughts together for the next write, again soon.
Thanks to all of you that helped me realize the life that is in me!
I need that kick in the butt from time to time.
Keep looking up ^ that's where the answers are!
your friend
Sam aka chappy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:09:00 PM by chappy »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #877 on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »

Great couple of rides Sam & Sue.  So glad to get to meet up at MV and share awhile together.  Thanks ole friend.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #878 on: October 04, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »

Man Sam, you sure did lay the miles down, how great is that.  Glad I finally got to meet Sue and it was super to see you again.  Terri said hello, she had just gotten back from a 10 day visit in Ohio the morning before I came to MV.  She is truly sorry she did not get to meet Sue.  Will see you again my friend, get some rest and get ready to ride on those nice days if you have them in your neck of the woods this time of year.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #879 on: October 04, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »

Hi Spyder,
Yup, we are and have been some rough roads in life, but the good news is we have shared some park benches in the shade too.
Fond stories we told!
Fond memories we hold!
be well my friend
Sam

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #880 on: October 04, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »

Hi Chains,
It was great to see you again too. Thanks for making it happen but also sorry Terri didn't make it with you. I know Sue would have enjoyed meeting her. Please tell her I said Hi.
We've got a week or so of Indian Summer starting soon, I hope. We're expecting the 80's. It will confuss the trees and their leaves but the next cold snap will cause the leave to drop quickly. We've got to pick our days and distance to ride carefully after that because the roads get black ice after the sun goes down. Can make for a slippery ride into the corners. Then sadly it's snow, ice and cold again for wjat feels like years. I say bah humbug to winter, let's ride, yah riding is what I like lol  Some say skiing is like biking although the only thing that I see the same is that it hurts to fall down lol.
Till next time Chains be well my friend
Sam

Man Sam, you sure did lay the miles down, how great is that.  Glad I finally got to meet Sue and it was super to see you again.  Terri said hello, she had just gotten back from a 10 day visit in Ohio the morning before I came to MV.  She is truly sorry she did not get to meet Sue.  Will see you again my friend, get some rest and get ready to ride on those nice days if you have them in your neck of the woods this time of year.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #881 on: October 04, 2011, 10:09:07 PM »

Hey Sam! It is remarkable to see where you went knowing the journey your on! I gotta tell you what an inspiration you have been to me. I was so sad I couldn't make it to MV to meet you and your lovely wife Sue! I did enjoy seeing the pictures of you two and looked like you were have a ball. Good for you. It is a privilege to be able to lift you and Sue up to the throne of Grace. I believe it was and is God's grace that has seen you through that journey and will see you through the journeys ahead. Psalm 118 in your signature is awesome! I do give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures FOREVER! What a great psalm! When I read it again, it seemed like it was written for you! I love to use vs24, "This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it".

Sam, I praise God for allowing our paths to cross. You are a special man and I look forward to meeting you face to face. Until then know that you are loved and prayed for. God Bless my friend!

:bananarock:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #882 on: October 04, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »

Sam, I am so glad for what Sue and you have just accomplished, being out on the bike like a couple freebirds, It's all Gods will so God bless you both and keep that attitude.

:2vrolijk_21:       Mike

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #883 on: October 05, 2011, 12:42:08 AM »

Well my friend, it was great seeing you and Sue again and Susie really enjoyed meeting and spending time with both of you. She is looking forward to hooking up and visiting again.
I knew you had ridden a good distance but didn't realize exactly how many miles the two of covered. Howie told me if it had been just the two of you riding back from Maggie Valley you would most likely not be home until November. I can understand that as the road keeps on going and going. I am glad you are home safe and sound. I know a lot of people have been waiting to hear that you made it home and were praying for your safe travel, including me.
Rest up and start planning the next trip and maybe we can meet up on the road for some miles and smiles.
God Bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #884 on: October 24, 2011, 06:25:38 AM »

Good Morning Sam  :)  I am just getting ready for work and was checking the site, My thoughts turned to you once again and more prayers are sent your way.  We haven't heard much from you since your wonderful road trip and I am hoping that is because you are just relaxing and enjoying the memory of the ride. 

In our thoughts and Prayers as always

Marty & Diane 
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 99

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 22 queries.