Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249630 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #960 on: January 24, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »

Thanks again Howie, for making the CVO Forum post for me. As you know from our last Thursday phone convesation I was feeling pretty sick. Thanks to all the other phone calls I got as well as the many cards and etc. On the days that I feel well enough, theses calls and post give me such a lift, then there are those days that I,m so sick I don,t the energy to even read. Bed is where you,ll find me. I,ll ether be tossing and touring or sound asleep.

Well I made it to the Doc appointment for everything to be done in it,s order and proper time. I was ready for to go, but as it turned out all that was ready was my will and hope, the rest of me was still way to sick. I still have a nasty infection brewing and hey still can,t find it. I was given 5day Anti-biotic. While the waited for the results of the ct-scan the chemo nurse hung a liter bag of saline so I could be a little wetter on the inside. After a long day I finally went home and, you got it, I went to bed.

The ct-scan was the mixed bag as usual. The good news was that three were no new tumors showing. I liked it, news not so good was that the cancer had spread into my sternum bone ans in the area especially where the right rib was removed during surgery. The only other cancer that was affecting more area was the cancer in both lungs.

I,ts the belief of my Oncologist, Dr. O,Donnell, that if I have this new type of chemo to start next Tuesday because of yesterday's delay, I will have relief from the pain in my lungs and my rib bones. This would be a big plus for me because then I could and would back off on the pain meds, which I personally think is causing so much of thr sickness. I asked the Doc if I held to this new plan will I be able to ride I bike again this spring? His answer was simply, I thinks so, yes, I think you will. That is the best news I,ve heard in a while.

Well, Back to bed for now my friends
Sam
Ps 118:8

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #961 on: January 24, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

Like that simply... "I think you will."

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #962 on: January 24, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »

Hang in there Sam, Spring is around the bend!  Prayers coming full steam!   :2vrolijk_21:

Mike

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #963 on: January 24, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »

Hi Sam.

praying for you and a early spring

Love you brother.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #964 on: February 10, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »

Just thinking about you and Sue Sam, and thought I would give you a little shout out.  I hope and pray all is well with you.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #965 on: February 10, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »

Good luck Sam, pray for you guys every day!

Craig

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #966 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »

Sam,
Hope all is well with you and Sue. Haven't had an update in almost a month.
Ya'll are always in our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless my friends,
Mike
  :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #967 on: February 23, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »

Sam,
Hope all is well with you and Sue. Haven't had an update in almost a month.
Ya'll are always in our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless my friends,
Mike
Same here, hope all is well, prayers go out to you, Cigar Mike and Mike Ridge, haven't seen any updates from any of these guys in a while.

Craig

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #968 on: February 27, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »

Howdy family,
I hope all is well with you and yours!
I'm still rolling, I'm just in the slow lane right now.
I'm set for a medi-port instal on March 5th and then chemo again on the 6th.
Man, this new chemo is rough.
First round, and I'm still waiting for the bell ! lol  "tired, weak and head is spinning" and I think I hear birds singing or maybe it's a coo-coo clock ring the quarter-till?
I feel and look like I've aged 10 years or more, but it ain't nothing a good blast in the wind wouldn't fix.
I will have to trade these PJs for some leather first. lol
So long for now
Sam

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #969 on: February 27, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »

Great to hear from you Sam, hope you and Sue are staying warm this winter, Spring is around the corner and I'll pray you can get in the wind and enjoy what we all love to do.  God bless you Sam and Sue!

Mike

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #970 on: February 27, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

Sam,

Good to hear from you praying for you daily.  I was going to call but did not want to bother you if you were sleeping.  I know what you mean about getting in the wind, got to ride yesterday and it sure cleans the bats out of the brain.

Take care brother.

Chains & Terri
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #971 on: February 27, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »

Thanks for the update Sam. Love ya brother and Sue too.
God Bless My Friend.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #972 on: February 27, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

Good to hear from you Chappy....and to hear that you're still fighting even if not as strong as you wish........hang in there, and Sue also.  Spring isn't all that far off and it'll pick us all up a notch or two.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #973 on: March 03, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »

Hi folks,
Hard to believe, just 6 days go by and it's today and 6 days since I wrote last.
Since I wrote last only 6 days ago man I'm so mixed up and confused it feels like a month or more, anyway, I ended up calling my Doc at the VA hospital on that same Monday. It was a severe snow storm here, the kind of day you just plain put off to tomorrow what you could do today type of day. And I was a sick puppy, when my Doc called back I was so glad, I ran down the list to tell him how sick I was. He asked me to come in the next morning. On that Tuesday morning at the chemo the nurse who is an Ace had to poke, push and pull before she finally got a vein with promise. By the time she put one of those tubes on the thing-ma-jig the blood would not flow back to the tube. Out of 7 or 8  tubs only a couple had what the nurse felt would be enough. It was after more try's than I wanted to count she looked me in the eyes and said that's it Sam, I'm not going to hurt you any more. It turns outt the blood wasn't enough for all the tests and the tests that was done showed good counts or levels. A that point the Doc, Nurse and Sue all agreed once again to the logic and need of the medi-port that at this point is scheduled for Monday March 5th at 7:30. I'm first up with the best that this VA has on the roster. I got sent home and told take it easy and continue to stay away from anybody with a bug or even a runny nose. I felt bait better with that news and was glad to go home. That same day in the early evening I told Sue I didn't feel good again. She felt my head and said, "hot", after the stick it in your mouth thing it showed 101.7, yup, I was hot. I went to bed saying, "I can't be that hot!". I got up in the morning (Wednesday) and was still doggin. My wife reminded me of when I was told by the Onc and chemo department that if I get a temp over 100.1 I needed to contact them or get to the emergency department ASAP. So I agreed to take my temp at home again, so I did. I wasn't happy as I read 101.4. So I called the cancer patient coordinador and she called me back again within 1/2 an hour. Hoping that the snow that was blasting down might lighten up a bit he asked if I could get in the next morning by 8:30 am. I agreed to it. Next morning it was still snowing but got there, my temp at the emergency department and my temp was 101.4 and the chest x-ray showed pneumonia. Next thing you know, I have an IV in my arm that's working and then to my surprise I have a room with a bed and view. Sue drove home alone in the snow. Next day (Friday) I get released along with 10 other Vets. I went to bed and now it's Saturday. I Do feel better some and still might have the medi port on Monday. But chemo set for the 6th won't happen till the two prescriptions for anti-biotics are done. The good story is it's two weeks worth, bad story is it's two weeks. Still an exciting ride and it ani't over til it's over.
Ride well my friends
Chappy your friend in Sunapee NH

Igot mixed up on the snow it was on Wednesday and Thursday, not Tuesday.  Sorry
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:23:27 PM by chappy »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #974 on: March 03, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »

Praying for you Chappy......and thanks for keeping us up-dated.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 99

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.