Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rinehart  (Read 1802 times)

03 SERK

Rinehart
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »

Thought that this might be the best place to ask a question about Rinehart's status.  I'm not sure that I understand what Rinehart is in the process of doing. Is it just their distribution network that is changing, or is the product line going to change as well?  The reason that I am asking is I was just thinking about finally putting a set of True Duals, #1800-0242, on my 03 SERK, but after thinking about the rumors I am hearing about Rinehart I am wondering if I should pull the trigger now, or wait to see if Rinehart makes some changes, either good or bad, to their exhaust systems and make the purchase down the road a bit.  I am finding that some vendors are closing out and/or liquidating their Rinehart line. Any advise or info. would be greatly appreciated.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Rinehart
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I would suspect that with the loyal following Rinehart has, they will be just fine and buying now (at a discount would be a good move).

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

03 SERK

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts Diamondback........ I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger now, I am just curious what the real story is with Rinehart.  One additional question. How about the en-caps.....are the Teflon or Anodized finish better, in the black color?  Thanks again.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »

Custom Chrome has agreed to be the distribution network for Rinehart...they should have a line out by November this year.  See this thread:  Rinehart Exhaust New Status.

:devil:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:32:53 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »

I think product quality and support will now go up 10 notches. I also think Bub's main interest and concentration is out on the Salt Flats :o

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »

;) ;) ;)

I like the Teflon.  IMHO

:coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 06:59:20 AM »

Lifetime warranty! I had a set of True Duals put on my 2006 Road Glide before I ever brought it home. I started to notice a squeaky noise right away and was having a hard time finding it. While washing one day, I noticed that the right side (rear axle nut side) can was rubbing on the axle end. I called Bub/ Rinehart, 2 days not only did I receive a new can, they sent a new head pipe and 3 new baffles! No questions asked, very polite and NO cost. As far as the end caps, the black will turn kinda purple over time. I think it adds character to the bike. I put the performance baffles in mine, to be honest, they can be a little loud at times. I have not purchased anything for my new 2010 SESG yet. I am waiting to see what kind of system Rinehart comes out with.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »

Thought that this might be the best place to ask a question about Rinehart's status.  I'm not sure that I understand what Rinehart is in the process of doing. Is it just their distribution network that is changing, or is the product line going to change as well?  The reason that I am asking is I was just thinking about finally putting a set of True Duals, #1800-0242, on my 03 SERK, but after thinking about the rumors I am hearing about Rinehart I am wondering if I should pull the trigger now, or wait to see if Rinehart makes some changes, either good or bad, to their exhaust systems and make the purchase down the road a bit.  I am finding that some vendors are closing out and/or liquidating their Rinehart line. Any advise or info. would be greatly appreciated.

Will have to wait & see a bit.  Suspect the reason some are closing out the line is the switch to Custom Chrome from Drag Specialties.  I have 2 sets - true duals - and REALLY like both of them.  A little loud for some - I installed the quiet (a misnomer but not as loud) baffles on the 07 SEUlTRA.  

Hope they do well - it's a great product - not only performance wise but looks great as well.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

03 SERK

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »

Thanks for all of the replies. I do acknowledge that Rinehart has a great reputation, so I suspect that the direction that they are headed will be for the better.  With that being said, I think that I may opt for the known vs. the unknown; besides there are some good prices around on the current systems that are in stock.  As far as being loud, they have got to be somewhat quieter then the Screaming Eagle 2 into 1 that I'm running now, good performing pipes but don't like the look of the single exhaust on the bagger and they are loud. My fellow Virginians are getting a little tired of my blasting past them here.  Thanks again for the input.....

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.