Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lost another buddy this evening.....  (Read 3952 times)

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
Re: Lost another buddy this evening.....
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

Sorry to hear of the loss.  Never good to lose a friend!!!  At least he went doing what he loved.  Nothing worse than rotting away in a hospital bed.   Prayers sent.

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

jpparker

• CVO's.... the ONLY way to go!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »

Randy Fishback was a very close personal friend of mine.  I've known him the biggest portion of my life as we shared the same hometown and many mutual friends.  In '07 we went to Sturgis together and lived in the same toyhauler for a week.  It was one of the best vacations I've ever had and that partly because Randy was one of the most fun loving, intelligent and humorous guys I've ever been around.

Randy and I also shared a love for Harleys and choppers (and he had the coolest chopper in the area).  He was a true biker to the core - before bikers were "cool". And although he had a few incidents on bikes he very much was one of the best handlers of a motorcycle I have ever seen.  His favorite saying about bikes/bikers was, "Don't call 'em a biker until you've seen 'em ride" and boy could Randy ride!  I could ride for miles beside, behind or in front of him knowing full well that he controlled his machine as a pro.

He was known for his loud laugh and his "WOOOOOT" but he also had a very soft and sensitive side to him as well.  Just last week I told him some things happening in my life and he genuinely and sincerely offered his help in any way possible - and he absolutely meant it.  When others were always quick to judge or dismiss me Randy was always there to listen, empathize and offer advice without being overbearing.

My deepest sympathies go out to his wife Sharon and his daughter Jessie. And although he loved them both deeply (he often said Sharon was the only saint left that could put up with his crap) I know for a fact that leaving this world on a bike was his choice of departures as we had that conversation MANY times.

RIP my brother..... you will be sorely missed yet never forgotten!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »

JP
Sorry for you loss. Prayers to Randy's family.
It's hard to loose a true friend, I know from experence. Just keep thier memory alive.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »

Thoughts with the family and you.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 11:00:34 PM »

Randy Fishback was a very close personal friend of mine.  I've known him the biggest portion of my life as we shared the same hometown and many mutual friends.  In '07 we went to Sturgis together and lived in the same toyhauler for a week.  It was one of the best vacations I've ever had and that partly because Randy was one of the most fun loving, intelligent and humorous guys I've ever been around.

Randy and I also shared a love for Harleys and choppers (and he had the coolest chopper in the area).  He was a true biker to the core - before bikers were "cool". And although he had a few incidents on bikes he very much was one of the best handlers of a motorcycle I have ever seen.  His favorite saying about bikes/bikers was, "Don't call 'em a biker until you've seen 'em ride" and boy could Randy ride!  I could ride for miles beside, behind or in front of him knowing full well that he controlled his machine as a pro.

He was known for his loud laugh and his "WOOOOOT" but he also had a very soft and sensitive side to him as well.  Just last week I told him some things happening in my life and he genuinely and sincerely offered his help in any way possible - and he absolutely meant it.  When others were always quick to judge or dismiss me Randy was always there to listen, empathize and offer advice without being overbearing.

My deepest sympathies go out to his wife Sharon and his daughter Jessie. And although he loved them both deeply (he often said Sharon was the only saint left that could put up with his crap) I know for a fact that leaving this world on a bike was his choice of departures as we had that conversation MANY times.

RIP my brother..... you will be sorely missed yet never forgotten!
Very nice words, I know you can start to find comfort in your words. Sometimes just writing them down helps, remember you and Randy's family are in my prayers.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

uawman

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 09:39:21 PM »

jpparker,
I knew you through Randy.  I just returned from his services in Richland, Mo.  He was one of my closest friends and I'm missing him alot right now.  My wife and I left this morning from Granite City to visit his haunt the Elbow.  Pretty cool place and they're pretty broke-up about this.   I'm the one that sold him the 02 Green RK that you sold for him.
Randy, your riding high now brother!
Ron
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:59:53 AM by uawman »

joeymaq

• Full CVO Member
  • Keep the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »

Sorry to hear this tragic news.  You are in our thought & prayers. :angel:
2009 Ultra Classic 96c.i., Vance & Hines basic slip on's ,Dyno Jet Power commander 5, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family. Seems we keep losing more and more of our brothers, and sisters to tragic circumstances. The odds are against us it seems.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.