Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the dreaded oil seep on the rear jug  (Read 1086 times)

yellowted

the dreaded oil seep on the rear jug
« on: October 21, 2009, 02:12:41 PM »

now that the weather has warmed up i went for a ride.  upon returning i looked over the bike for the usual and i noticed a damp spot about the width of the rear jug running towards the back of the bike. it's definitely oil.  question is it's an 07 fxdse with 4600miles on it.  i have vance and hines slip ons, se cone intake and tts mastertune on it.  i used to have the fuel pak and when it was put on someone must have had a tough time unclipping the harness.  it won't come apart but the outer clip on the edge is useless.  should i not worry about the tuner or the evidence of the broken clip and assume the dealer will just address the oil?  has anyone been denied because of a tuner a dealer did not due?

thanks

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: the dreaded oil seep on the rear jug
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »

alot depends on your personal relationship with your dealer......... i hope you have no problems getting the enhancment programme completed.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:29:17 PM »

Sorry to hear you have joined the leak club. Someone here may know a better fix, but changing out the cylinders with matching pistons should stop the leak, otherwise you will prolly have to keep dealing with this annoying problem. Personally I think this should have been the "FIX" instead of keep trying new gaskets.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »

Sorry to hear you have joined the leak club. Someone here may know a better fix, but changing out the cylinders with matching pistons should stop the leak, otherwise you will prolly have to keep dealing with this annoying problem. Personally I think this should have been the "FIX" instead of keep trying new gaskets.

They did have a fix...it was the "product enhancement" that they came out with.  I don't believe his model gets the new heads though, like my SEUC got...I haven't had a problem since I got the "enhancement" done.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

yellowted

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

yeah i was not included in the heads replaced.  i had the simple fix of the gasket update about a year ago because of the recall and not from a leak.  i sometimes question if i never had it done would it be leaking by now.  i will call the dealer in a couple of days and i wont bother making the bike tuned to stock and i will hope they will address it.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.