Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Pics of bad Paint  (Read 7127 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Pics of bad Paint
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2005, 12:44:24 PM »

They need to put MOFOCO quality managers, and management from Calibre on a road trip to a multitude of dealerships to see these in person and make it right. Better yet do it right the 1st time. Apparently they haven't learned from the 2002 Brandywine SERK fiasco.  [smiley=confused5.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005, 04:04:18 PM »

Just got back from picking up my Black Candy. My bike looks just like the other photos posted here milky saddle bags, front fairing, and tank. Showed it to the dealer and they called Harley. After they finally reached someone they said they would be right on it and call back. The dealer called me on my cell on the way home to say that Harley states its too much clear coat is why it looks that way. He wants me to bring the bike back so they can contract it out to have it buffed down. I wonder if that is the real problem. Or if buffing it will work? I am very thankful of this forum because I would have never known to look for the problem without it.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005, 05:23:28 PM »

Just got back from picking up my Black Candy. My bike looks just like the other photos posted here milky saddle bags, front fairing, and tank. Showed it to the dealer and they called Harley. After they finally reached someone they said they would be right on it and call back. The dealer called me on my cell on the way home to say that Harley states its too much clear coat is why it looks that way. He wants me to bring the bike back so they can contract it out to have it buffed down. I wonder if that is the real problem. Or if buffing it will work? I am very thankful of this forum because I would have never known to look for the problem without it.

2up, we've had discussion about the clear coat in this thread: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132326886/81#81.  The problem could very well be the clear coat, but I doubt that it's that there's too much, more like it was a defective batch and/or applied or allowed to cure improperly.  I serioudly doubt that buffing is the answer in this case.

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 06:21:53 PM »

I am going to take the bike to the dealer around the 30th to see what the out come is of the buffing. I will post the results. If anyone has had their bike buffed I am curious to see what their results are. Seems more bikes have the problem than not.

jvall

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2005, 01:22:19 PM »

Got my Black & Slate last week, thanks to this site,I looked the bike over & over with two other friends. The paint was perfect with the exception of a minute scratch in the clear on one saddlebag lid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 23 queries.