Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone installed a security system on there FXR4?  (Read 1217 times)

dmdrider03

Anyone installed a security system on there FXR4?
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »

Has anyone installed a security system. I'm used to the factory system on my 03 FLHTCUI and thought it would be nice to have something similar on the FXR4. Pager option would be a bonus. Will factory set-ups work? Aftermarket alternatives?
Thanks

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Anyone installed a security system on there FXR4?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:45:28 PM »

Hi,
 I installed Scorpio 600 system onmy FXR4. It works well. But the unit had to be mounted on top of the battery under the seat. If it is monuted on it's side the motion sensor will not work. I also intalled the optional infa red sensor that will sound warning chirps if someone getts too close then the alarm will sound. They also have a relay that will kill the ignition when the alarm goes off or you could kill the ignition with the remote. I am happy with it.
Originally my local Harley dealer ordered a alarm for a 2000 Dyna. The 2000 Dyna and 2000 FXR4 use totally different wiring harnesses and are not compatable.Hope this helps.
Good Luck,
Ltank

dmdrider03

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »

In my search I found the 'Scorpio' units. They appear similiar to the OEM style? Was having difficulty determining the difference between the models.
How did you find the installation? Was it difficult?

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »

Hi,
 The installation was  easy. I just followed the instuctions. I read them twice to be sure I got it right. The connectors that are included makes it easy to connect wiring to existing wires. Like I said the unit needed to fit mostly flat and not it's side. The booklet did not mention this and I thought it was borken or that I made a wiring error. Other than that it was easy. If you don't have a wiring diagram you will need to trace the wires or use a meter to ohm out the wires to connect to the blinkers. I also connected the infared sensor and ignition disable relay.
Thanks.
Ltank

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.